Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 8:38:30 PM EDT
Hi all,

I have seen double SOB rigs in a few pics on the net. I was wondering where i could get one?

I thought they were made by Galco, But my search on there website didnt turn anything up.

I want one for a pair of 1911's.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
this is not mine, but found one on Gunbroker...
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66246983

I have seen one somewhere else that looked a lot better but don't remember where.  If I run across it I will post the link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Those kind of holsters only work if you're carrying two gold Springfield 1911s
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Would you be referring to the custom rig as used in "Face Off"?

If so, I happen to know the creator.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would you be referring to the custom rig as used in "Face Off"?

If so, I happen to know the creator.

Yea? Got any pics of the Springfield's ? :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any of the pics, but they're all over the net. Nothing particularly fancy except for the gold plating. The double rig was set up for two government models and similar to the old Charter Oak version.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#7]
SOB carry is not recommended.

I carried like that for a while and was lucky enough to have someone on Arfcom point out the error of my ways.

In short, if you fell down while carrying SOB, you could wind up paralyzed.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't have any of the pics, but they're all over the net. Nothing particularly fancy except for the gold plating. The double rig was set up for two government models and similar to the old Charter Oak version.

There aren't any GOOD pics on the net...but I believe it was also ported ? I just watched Face/Off...those are some damn good looking 1911s :)
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
SOB carry is not recommended.

I carried like that for a while and was lucky enough to have someone on Arfcom point out the error of my ways.

http://www.thegunzone.com/sob_is_bad.html

The double SOB holsters use the "cavalry" position (where you have to face your palm outward to grip the pistol).  That results in covering your own body with the muzzle as you draw.

Looks cool for action heroes to use in movies.  Not such a swell idea for real people carrying for self defense.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#11]

And if you fall down while not carrying SOB you can also wind up paralyzed.   SOB when done right is not particularly problematic in this regard, and provides a very effective method of carry for certain situations.  It certainly isn't for everyone, nor is it for every occassion, but it does have a certain utility and a fair number of professionals in hot areas have used it with success.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There aren't any GOOD pics on the net...but I believe it was also ported ? I just watched Face/Off...those are some damn good looking 1911s :)

Gold plated, ported, front-strap checkering, mag-well funnel and target sights IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And if you fall down while not carrying SOB you can also wind up paralyzed.   SOB when done right is not particularly problematic in this regard, and provides a very effective method of carry for certain situations.  It certainly isn't for everyone, nor is it for every occassion, but it does have a certain utility and a fair number of professionals in hot areas have used it with success.

Um, OK. It's your wheelchair.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, but you'll need two belts and suspenders to hold it up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2007 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i own a NY Reload from Bell Charter Oaks for two Glock mid-size guns. the holster is designed to be carried strong side. instead of reloading the weak hand draws the second gun. I put the holster in the SOB to see how hard it would be to draw. it was almost impossible. Not too mention SOB is a BAD idea.Very rough on the spine if you fall and very hard to retrieve if you're laying on your guns and someone is on top of you.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/NYreload.jpg

J

Gawd that is badass
Link Posted: 3/2/2007 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I contacted Galco about it once. $700!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top