Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2013 11:55:52 AM EDT
When I remove the slide from my glock 21, it appears to be hanging up on something. After using the  the takedown lever, the slide begins to move forward, but after 1/8 inch or so it catches and moves the trigger forward. I then have to pull the trigger again, which allows the slide to be removed. I've never had this happen on the 17/19/22/23, is this unique to the 20/21 or have I got a bad part somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure you're not pulling the slide back too far?

Stock trigger spring and connector?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget to take the magazine out?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
No issues with pulling the slide back too far, I use the same technique as all my other glocks.  Stock parts, and mag is removed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes the answer is where you least expect it. While I thought is was a trigger bar issue, turns out it was a slide plate issue. Slide plate and the slide were so gummed up with crud, it was causing the slide plate to sit too low, and it was catching the back of the trigger bar. Gotta love used pistols
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sometimes the answer is where you least expect it. While I thought is was a trigger bar issue, turns out it was a slide plate issue. Slide plate and the slide were so gummed up with crud, it was causing the slide plate to sit too low, and it was catching the back of the trigger bar. Gotta love used pistols
View Quote
Clean yer guns!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Possible broken trigger spring.

Try the usual technique but hold the trigger back.

OR

Lock slide back... Remove slide cover... Remove firing pin.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it a Gen 4? On my Gen 4 26 (but not 3rd gen 19) there is a bump on the part of the  trigger bat that pushes the firing pin safety up and it rubs against the inside of the slide.

I'm thinking about grinding it off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it a Gen 4? On my Gen 4 26 (but not 3rd gen 19) there is a bump on the part of the  trigger bat that pushes the firing pin safety up and it rubs against the inside of the slide.

I'm thinking about grinding it off.
View Quote

It's there for a reason, to keep the trigger part from flexing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, wouldn't have guessed that.

It's good to keep them somewhat clean.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I'm thinking that it is a trigger spring or trigger bar that might be damaged/bent. While cleaning the slide and slide plate helped, the slide plate still catches the trigger bar 1/4 of the time. Looks like it has been an issue with this pistol, as the slide plate has a nice worn spot on it from contact from the trigger bar. I've attached some picture of the 21 side by side with my 17L, and you can see the difference in the trigger bars, the 17L is  flat, while the 21 appears to be bent down. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, as is is my first 21. It's a Gen 3 BTW

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top