Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2014 5:35:12 PM EDT
Hello,

I need some feedback from the experts....

If you sign up for the 2 year GSSF membership do you receive both pistol purchase program coupons soon after signing up or do you receive one after sign up and the other a year later??

What would you do if you received two GSSF pistol purchase program coupons around the same time?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/21/2014 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure after one year of membership you will receive first coupon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you sign up for a 2 year membership, or longer, they will send you one pistol purchase program coupon right away along with your membership card.  You will then get the second one in a year, not both of them at once.  If you only sign up for a 1 year membership you won't get your first coupon until you renew in a year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll get your first coupon about two weeks after they receive your application. Your second coupon will arrive a year later.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
GSSF coupons are only awarded for renewals of GSSF memberships.  

If you are a new member, the only way to get a GSSF coupon right away is to sign up for a multi-year membership.

If you are new and sign up for two years at once, you get your renewal coupon right away but you only get one GSSF coupon because you only renewed once.

You used to get an additional GSSF coupon if you took the armorers course but they eliminated that too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]

I sign up 5 years at a time. In my experience, they don't send the coupons annually unless asked for. It's annoying but their service is generally lacking. Sometimes I don't get the annual mag or the other thing with the match rules, etc. even when other GSSF members I know get them - or they don't and I do.

I've let the coupon slide a year here & there as I wasn't looking to buy.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking into signing up with GSSF myself. What can you can tell me about the requirements and perks for signing up?
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#8]
So I signed up for a 2 year and got a letter with the membership information, card and pistol purchase coupon. Then two weeks later I got a package with the same information again and the magazines and a hat and stuff. So I have two coupons this first year. I guess I can't complain...

If you are a GSSF member you can participate in GSSF matches nationwide (which apparently have pretty neat prizes). You also get a discounted pistol once a year with a coupon that is sent to you that you can redeem at Glock Blue Label dealers.

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I believe this is correct, you don't get one until you've been a member for a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure after one year of membership you will receive first coupon.

I believe this is correct, you don't get one until you've been a member for a year.
p

Edit: I replied to wrong post!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you sign up for a 2 year membership, or longer, they will send you one pistol purchase program coupon right away along with your membership card.  You will then get the second one in a year, not both of them at once.  If you only sign up for a 1 year membership you won't get your first coupon until you renew in a year.
View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been looking into signing up with GSSF myself. What can you can tell me about the requirements and perks for signing up?
View Quote

Best thing to do is log onto the GSSF website and read. It will answer all your questions. It is really a great program!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread caught my eye, but when I checked the GSSF site there was only one match in WI for 2014.  Is it even worth it if I can't travel to out of state matches?
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#13]
It is worth it for the discount card if you intend to buy new glocks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
what kind of discount are the coupons for?  dollar wise

Link Posted: 2/22/2014 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what kind of discount are the coupons for?  dollar wise
View Quote

GSSF pricing here.  Only blue label dealers will honor the coupon and I've heard these are only "recommended" prices so dealers are allowed to charge more.  The blue label dealer near me where I recently used a GSSF purchase coupon followed this pricing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I joined GSSF (2yr membership) about a month ago, and this was the case for me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This thread caught my eye, but when I checked the GSSF site there was only one match in WI for 2014.  Is it even worth it if I can't travel to out of state matches?
View Quote

Good luck finding a dealer that will honor the GSSF price in WI.  Shooters in Racine is a Blue Label dealer, but will only sell GSSF if they have "enough inventory" to cover their LEO sales...

Fletcher's in Waukesha will do GSSF, but May or may not tack on "transfer fees" or some such BS.

You also USED to be able to get a discounted pistol after taking the Armorer course (as GSSF) but this is no longer true I guess.

Not worth it I say - especially considering the lack of matches and essentially unusable pistol purchase program. I will not be renewing after my current 3yr membership expires.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good luck finding a dealer that will honor the GSSF price in WI.  Shooters in Racine is a Blue Label dealer, but will only sell GSSF if they have "enough inventory" to cover their LEO sales...

Fletcher's in Waukesha will do GSSF, but May or may not tack on "transfer fees" or some such BS.

You also USED to be able to get a discounted pistol after taking the Armorer course (as GSSF) but this is no longer true I guess.

Not worth it I say - especially considering the lack of matches and essentially unusable pistol purchase program. I will not be renewing after my current 3yr membership expires.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a shame
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I think I'll sign up anyway but it's actually cheaper if I just buy direct from my local blue label dealer
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I signed up for a new two year GSSF  membership in August 2012.  I got my original pistol coupon with my welcome packet but never received a second one.

After reading some of the posts here, I contacted GSSF and asked them about it.  They said I should have received a second coupon after the first year and they are sending one out.

I would have never known if I was supposed to get that second coupon on a new membership if I hadn't read this thread.

Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top