Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 1:44:55 AM EDT
Who makes them? Best ones to get? Cheapest place to by them?

Would love to see some pics of G42 with night sights installed if anyone has them on theirs.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon makes both the regular 3 dot night sights and the HD sights for the 42. I use the regular 3 dots on mine. Ameriglo also makes their classic, spartan, operator and CAP sights for the G42
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got TruGlo TFOs on mine.  Can't take a pic right now but here are some pics from around the web:

Mine looks pretty much identical to this.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Are sight pusher sout for the glock 42 or did you tap tap tap em on?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
MGI sells an adapter for their sight pusher for ~$25 or so.  Since I already had their tool, I bought the adapter.  I can't say if it's worth buying if you don't already have their site installation tool; I just have this thing where I prefer to buy the proper tools to do things myself, even if it's not necessarily the most cost effective way of doing it.

-bob
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MGI sells an adapter for their sight pusher for ~$25 or so.  Since I already had their tool, I bought the adapter.  I can't say if it's worth buying if you don't already have their site installation tool; I just have this thing where I prefer to buy the proper tools to do things myself, even if it's not necessarily the most cost effective way of doing it.

-bob
View Quote

I have a 20 plus year old probably closer to 30 year old Glock rear sight pusher. I will look into the adapter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I put Trijicon HD's in mine.

The adapter works great for MGW pushers.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I like 2-dot sights, but didn't see many options (especially ones that didn't have a WIDE front sight); I'm not sure how wide the Heine's are, but they're also VERY pricey.  So I put the skinny tritium ameriglo front (.125) on and a black rear (that I will mark with a dot of LUME paint).  These are very low, which I like (the rear is the same as the G42 Defoor).

My only problem is there's a painted yellow-greenish circle around the tritium dot/vial--I'm just not a fan of that color on a front sight (red or just the tritium dial alone would be better IMO).
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

-bob
View Quote

You can also use the MGI sight pusher for the S&W shield (#319).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top