[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AKSU:
https://i.imgur.com/HlPNxTE.jpg
View Quote
All business. Nice.

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Living in California prevented me from making a Fauxland Special due to threaded barrels being illegal. Now that I am in Arizona, I got myself a threaded barrel and compensator.

Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tripleu:
Living in California prevented me from making a Fauxland Special due to threaded barrels being illegal. Now that I am in Arizona, I got myself a threaded barrel and compensator.

https://i.imgur.com/Nw3C10dl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GJFYyi5l.jpg
View Quote

Enjoy your freedom, good sir Excellent build!
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 2:41:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GZ1] [#6]

My fauxland that is nearing completion. Still need a magwell and a trigger.

I had the optic cut done by Wager Machine works. I should have had front serrations cut into it while it was there. My liking of the frying pan finish steered me away due to having to cerakote the whole slide after. Now I will have the slide sent in (again) for added gription on the front of the slide.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]
My experience is that a Roland Special is a wonderful weapon... quite accurate
and capable... for the role it was to fill.
Which was never concealed carry.

It's also very large and heavy and if you carry AIWB it feels like you're shoving a briefcase down the front of your pants.

My 2 year love affair with my Roland is ending.
The Floodlight is going in the holster box where old holsters go to die.
The TLR1 HL and the Modlite PLH3fiddy
will sit... somewhere.
Money... lots of it... gone.

The standard Glock barrel is going back in.
A TLR 7A is going on.
A Tenicor SAGAX LUX it will all go inside my pants.
The RMR and Raven magwell stay... as I lovers them ever so much. And the Overwatch flat trigger stays... as does the Vickers slide release... stop... thing.
Well all that and the minus connector.

AND THATS ALL... well and my 147 HSTs.

So the barrel... 😆

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Blessed1:

It's also very large and heavy and if you carry AIWB it feels like you're shoving a briefcase down the front of your pants.

will sit... somewhere.

A TLR 7A is going on.
The RMR and Raven magwell stay... as I lovers them ever so much. And the Overwatch flat trigger stays... as does the Vickers slide release... stop... thing.

So the barrel... 😆

YMMV.
View Quote

Nobody likes a quitter!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]

will sit... somewhere.

A TLR 7A is going on.

So the barrel...  

YMMV.
View Quote
You just need to replace the KKM with a Radian.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By November5:
You just need to replace the KKM with a Radian.  
View Quote

Standard Glockenshpiel barrel for me... for now.

Might pick up a standard KKM at some point... again.
Yes I had one... and sold it to fund the comped and nitrided KKM.

Like a dang money pit.

The Roland is super awesome great. Just not for what I need it to do.... which is to not cut my femoral when I sit for one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The Roland is super awesome great. Just not for what I need it to do.... which is to not cut my femoral when I sit for one.
View Quote

It's my range gun.

If I need to carry, I have a 48 MOS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Need some help here.  I’ve got a 19.5 that has a silencerco 13.5x1lh barrel on it.   Looking at options for a comp/barrel.  I’m thinking I could keep the barrel I have and put on a zev v2 comp, or find a TBRI comp for sale somewhere.  Short of that guess I’d have to buy a kkm set up, but I’d really prefer to keep my current barrel.  Are the kkm comps heavier than the zev and tbri?

Anyone have experience with the zev v2 13.5x1, or have an tbri they want to hock

What would you do?
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#13]
This is my duty pistol. It is originally a G23.3 frame I bought on the EE.

KAB reworked a G23 slide before they went under,  the serrations are the Raider cut. Zev trigger, springs, disconnector and magwell. KKM barrel 9mm barrel and comp. Guide rod is tugsten and recoil spring is a wolf 13 lb. It replaced the trusty G35 I used since 2008, but it fits in the same holster.

Link Posted: 11/4/2022 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I just purchased my KKM comp and barrel. I have been warned that +P or very hot ammo is needed to cycle properly. I am just curious what the other expereinces with the Roland Specials are in the terms of ammo. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#15]
This is incorrect. I haven’t had any issues with quality 115, 124, and 147gr rounds.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Never had an issue with my KKM and standard ammo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Ended up trading into another 19.5 that had a 508 on it. Put a sico barrel and zev comp on it. With a new baby haven’t got to shoot it much. Can’t wait to really compare to my other un comped 19.5

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#18]
My Po-land special would make you guys gag but I really like it.
If Scott can get Claudio to play along, I'll have the final insult in 3-4 months:
A threaded 19.4 356 TSW barrel!
Who doesn't like 650 ft lbs of muzzle energy?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KS_HandK_Man:
I just purchased my KKM comp and barrel. I have been warned that +P or very hot ammo is needed to cycle properly. I am just curious what the other expereinces with the Roland Specials are in the terms of ammo. Any information is greatly appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By goldwinggoat:
This is incorrect. I haven’t had any issues with quality 115, 124, and 147gr rounds.

I started with a G19 with over 5k rounds fired from it.  Added the KKM barrel and comp - never had an issue.  115, 124, 147, and just because, 165gr subsonic.  I added a tungsten guide rod and new, but same weight recoil spring and had a few hiccups with 165gr rounds (which were from a different manufacturer than the other 165gr rounds I'd fired before).  After 100 or so rounds, no issues with any ammo I've used.  I think the tungsten guide rod makes recoil control even easier but its not magical and is unnecessary.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Seriously temped to drop a comp on the second one as well...
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Started mine - I will need to send the slide in to Jagerwerks after Christmas. Hoping the light will be delivered by Santa.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
Need some help here.  I’ve got a 19.5 that has a silencerco 13.5x1lh barrel on it.   Looking at options for a comp/barrel.  I’m thinking I could keep the barrel I have and put on a zev v2 comp, or find a TBRI comp for sale somewhere.  Short of that guess I’d have to buy a kkm set up, but I’d really prefer to keep my current barrel.  Are the kkm comps heavier than the zev and tbri?

Anyone have experience with the zev v2 13.5x1, or have an tbri they want to hock

What would you do?
View Quote

@Honda4828 - I have the Zev comp and really like it. I've seen a lot of them around and have never seen any complaints.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Seems that if you're putting a new gun together or you're putting in a new barrel and comp that there is some break in period.  I built a couple using Zev slides, Zev barrels and Zev comps and did not have a break in period.  I shoot both hot 124's and cheap target 115's with no issue at all.  The 115 target / training ammo shoots stupid soft with a comp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2022 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

@Honda4828 - I have the Zev comp and really like it. I've seen a lot of them around and have never seen any complaints.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3one5:

What would you do?

@3one5

Thanks for the information.  If you will look above you will see I actually traded into another 19.5 that had a 508t on it I bought a sico barrel and the zev comp.  I’ve only shot about 50rds of win nato out of it but I’ve had zero issues in those 50 rds.  The zev comp makes a noticeable difference over my non comped 19.5. I really like it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]

@3one5

Thanks for the information.  If you will look above you will see I actually traded into another 19.5 that had a 508t on it I bought a sico barrel and the zev comp.  I’ve only shot about 50rds of win nato out of it but I’ve had zero issues in those 50 rds.  The zev comp makes a noticeable difference over my non comped 19.5. I really like it.
View Quote

Awesome!  Yeah, they're pretty sweet.  I was pretty surprised at how well it worked.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Have any of you experienced occasional fliers with your comped guns, or “split groups”? I had a few last time I zeroed (G17, SRO, KE Arms Carry Comp Short Threads on a SiCo barrel) and I would sometimes get weird fliers. I saw some lead buildup in the comp and was wondering if that was causing it - or bullets impacting the comp itself after exiting the barrel. I was also not shooting very well and kind of frustrated so maybe my technique was poor.

All that to say - how do you guys clean the crud out of your comps, if at all?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Hope it's ok to bump this thread, but I'd rather get advice from people who have experience with these setups instead of just getting a bunch of shit for wanting to comp a 9mm carry gun. After years of shooting nothing but upland guns and deer rifles I've finally committed to entering the 21st century and am trying to settle on my first handgun. Are there any clear-cut winners between a 19 and 43x if the goal is to build a Fauxland-style carry gun that will serve the 'nightstand' role and the occasional IDPA or USPSA event? The 43x seems like the better carry choice, but I'm not sure how much it gives up in the other departments, and "I wish I'd never bought this 19" isn't really something you seem to hear people say. I also assume the comp is even more effective on a 19. On the flip side, I don't want to end up with a pig that stays home, although it looks there are a few comps that would keep the length of a 19 in the ballpark of a 17, and the PMM looks especially sweet. I know "get both" is the ultimate answer, but I've got some other priorities after this. Appreciate any advice!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#28]
You're going to have to handle both.  

Your hand really might not work on a 43X.  My comped(PMM) 43X felt VERY similar to my 48, follow up shots were a little quicker though.  It's not a gun I have a ton of fun shooting but for concealability it is awesome.

Currently my Agency Sage Comp'd Glock 45 is by far my favorite pistol.  I enjoy shooting it so much I sold off my Staccato/2011 guns.  Not as comfortable/easily concealable as my 43X/48 but doable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By peachman72:
Hope it's ok to bump this thread, but I'd rather get advice from people who have experience with these setups instead of just getting a bunch of shit for wanting to comp a 9mm carry gun. After years of shooting nothing but upland guns and deer rifles I've finally committed to entering the 21st century and am trying to settle on my first handgun. Are there any clear-cut winners between a 19 and 43x if the goal is to build a Fauxland-style carry gun that will serve the 'nightstand' role and the occasional IDPA or USPSA event? The 43x seems like the better carry choice, but I'm not sure how much it gives up in the other departments, and "I wish I'd never bought this 19" isn't really something you seem to hear people say. I also assume the comp is even more effective on a 19. On the flip side, I don't want to end up with a pig that stays home, although it looks there are a few comps that would keep the length of a 19 in the ballpark of a 17, and the PMM looks especially sweet. I know "get both" is the ultimate answer, but I've got some other priorities after this. Appreciate any advice!
View Quote

Try to test out as many as you can. I played with the 43X and the PMM Micro Comp. I honestly didn't like how it was installed. I have a G45 with the Sage comp and it's hands down the best installation method and brings it to a G17 length. Look at the Arc Division Reactor slides as well for all the Glocks. For a carry gun I bought the new Arc Division G48 Reactor kit last week. I'm hoping to shoot it today and if all goes well it will quickly become by go to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Fiyero:

Try to test out as many as you can. I played with the 43X and the PMM Micro Comp. I honestly didn't like how it was installed. I have a G45 with the Sage comp and it's hands down the best installation method and brings it to a G17 length. Look at the Arc Division Reactor slides as well for all the Glocks. For a carry gun I bought the new Arc Division G48 Reactor kit last week. I'm hoping to shoot it today and if all goes well it will quickly become by go to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By peachman72:

Shot a buddy's ARC equipped G19 side by side with my Radian equipped G19 and NineX19 ported G19.  Wasn't even close, the Radian smoked the other two.  The ARC was comparable to the NineX19.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By spadedracer:
You're going to have to handle both.  

Your hand really might not work on a 43X.  My comped(PMM) 43X felt VERY similar to my 48, follow up shots were a little quicker though.  It's not a gun I have a ton of fun shooting but for concealability it is awesome.

Currently my Agency Sage Comp'd Glock 45 is by far my favorite pistol.  I enjoy shooting it so much I sold off my Staccato/2011 guns.  Not as comfortable/easily concealable as my 43X/48 but doable.
View Quote

Oh I'm planning to handle them both, but that's definitely good info to have. I sort of suspected a comped 43x would be pretty similar to a stock 19 or 48, which sort of makes me think unless I just fall in love with it I'd be better served spending my money on something else, at least as far as a first purchase. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

That Reactor setup looks sweet. The aftermarket slide game is a rabbit hole I keep circling around, especially since stock slides are about as much as a whole gun. Part of me would rather get a stock frame and build out a slide so I don't have to fool with MOS plates or wait on milling, just trying to getting a handle on what brands play nice with each other. That's all good info to have though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Shot a buddy's ARC equipped G19 side by side with my Radian equipped G19 and NineX19 ported G19.  Wasn't even close, the Radian smoked the other two.  The ARC was comparable to the NineX19.
View Quote

Do you have any trigger time behind the PMM Comps to give a comparison? Specifically the Micro?

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/glock-19-26-micro-jttc-and-barrel-combo/
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SIASL:

Do you have any trigger time behind the PMM Comps to give a comparison? Specifically the Micro?

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/glock-19-26-micro-jttc-and-barrel-combo/
View All Quotes

I don't, I'd imagine it's similar to the Radian though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#36]
For those who own and or have run both the Radian afterburner and the kkm comp, which one is more effective?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 556hunter:
For those who own and or have run both the Radian afterburner and the kkm comp, which one is more effective?
View Quote

Did a quick comparison between my 19.3 w/ KKM against a friend's 19.5 with Radian setup. Both of us agreed the KKM felt a lot more flatter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Optic cut by Jagerwerks and cerakote by Redacted Concepts LLC.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 12:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#41]
Decided to pick up a cheap comp to try out a Roland style setup before I jump into building/buying a true Roland special

Hoping to get it to the range soon, this gun already shot surprisingly flat so Im interested to see how it performs
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Have a used comp coming to me soon, maybe I’ll catch you around a range somewhere in the tiny OH
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Needing a Freya Magwell - Glock 19 Gen 3 if anyone has one they are willing to sell. The threads of the grip plug on mine are cross threaded and damaged…
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Wa22ioR:
Needing a Freya Magwell - Glock 19 Gen 3 if anyone has one they are willing to sell. The threads of the grip plug on mine are cross threaded and damaged…
View Quote

Drill, tap it, and put a helicoil.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I have a G17.5 with a PMM Micro and a g19.5 with a KKM.

They shoot about the same - KKM might be a little flatter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:51:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wa22ioR] [#46]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Originally Posted By Wa22ioR:
View Quote

Drill, tap it, and put a helicoil.
View Quote

Thanks man. I was able to re-tap it. I had to order some  longer 10-32 set screws though; the OEM 3/8” length screw was too short and would go all of the way through the handle before it would bottom out, which allowed the plug/magwell to be pulled out. I ordered both a 7/16” and a 1/2” length set screw; the 7/16” length screw bottomed out nicely and locks the plug/magwell in place. I am really happy it is fixed and working great.

Link Posted: 3/25/2023 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just receive my slide back - very happy ..
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 7:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wa22ioR] [#48]
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Standard Glockenshpiel barrel for me... for now.

Might pick up a standard KKM at some point... again.
Yes I had one... and sold it to fund the comped and nitrided KKM.

Like a dang money pit.

View Quote

I have guns I CCW, and guns that I'd consider duty use guns. One goes in my IWB, the other on my battle belt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#50]
My version of a mini-Roland.

Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top