Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

G19 in the SF communities. (Page 34 of 34)
Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought here for you guys wanting the 22 threaded barrel.  What about cutting down a 35 barrel and threading it?  If you can find the 35 barrel you need that is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

I saw those, but the damn barrels are silver!
View Quote

I thought the Silver KKM barrels were used in the CAG Glock 22s, I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hypersport750:

I thought the Silver KKM barrels were used in the CAG Glock 22s, I may be wrong.
View Quote
He is looking the factory Glock threaded barrels that Rangers/CIFs used for suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Did order a KKM comp and barrel for one of the G22s. No luck on any old Aimpoint mounts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#6]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

NSA/ISA (Special Collection Service) issued Horse Hide holster & Mag pouch.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Mk27 clone-ish

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#9]
Taught a class yesterday.  Ended up with 11 students from an SF group with Mk27 Mod 1s.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:29:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0949_jpeg-3201917.JPG
View Quote

Cool pic! I wonder how many rounds that one's seen in it's life.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Brand new KKM barrel doesn’t kit.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Brand new KKM barrel doesn't kit.

https://i.imgur.com/OCuZyoi.jpeg
View Quote

Drop in barrel or match barrel? Usually match barrels have to be hand fit to each gun. Nothing a Dremel and some whiskey can't fix! Lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCSGT0331] [#15]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

The mk27 mod 2 just needs a NSN marked HRS and can.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_5735_jpeg-3157009.JPG
View Quote

Good luck trying to find one of those legit military surplus Trijicon SU-291 RMR's! They're now extremely rare and extremely expensive. I really hope you can acquire one for your awesome collection! I've asked a few friends if they'd ever sell any of their SU-291's, but no one wants to sell (even though only 1 friend currently has 1 correct Mk27 pistol, the rest of the sights are just sitting in their cardboard boxes).

MidwayUSA sold a handful of these military surplus SU-291's about 4 years ago or something like that. Guys on this forum (not this thread) were bitching about how the price was $100 more than a regular RMR and that they won't pay that much for a beat up military surplus red dot sight. MidwayUSA sold a handful of the SU-291's for $600 each, whereas the similar type of regular production RMR's are about $500 each. The price has skyrocketed on the collector's market, and they're now quite expensive.

It turned out that the RMR's were brand new in their original cardboard boxes, even though MidwayUSA said that they were used and mounted on military pistols (but not fired). I couldn't find any evidence that my 2 SU-291's were ever used or mounted on pistols, so mine appear to be NOS condition surplus red dot sights. I know of about half a dozen of these military surplus Trijicon SU-291's in private hands, I have 2 of them and a few friends own the other 4+ sights. Unfortunately, we have no idea how many of these SU-291 sights were sold by MidwayUSA, but it can't be many since I've never seen one come up for sale outside the MidwayUSA deal. Even though these sights were originally sold for $600 each, I've been offered $2k+ for 1 of the 2 that I own! I turned it down because I have 2 legit contract overrun Mk27 pistols, a Mod 1 and a Mod 2, and I needed the SU-291's for those guns.

The SKU on the regular tanodized Trijicon RMR is RM06-C-700780. The SU-291 has a SKU of RM06-HRS-700773. So, they're definitely different than the regular production RMR's, but not by much. The only difference between civilian and military RMR's is the laser engraved markings. Here are some photos of my 2 military surplus SU-291's that I purchased from MidwayUSA (I can't remember if I've already posted these photos in this thread):

Here's a link to the old MidwayUSA SU-291 sales page:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021784030?pid=279008

Here's 2 photos from that MidwayUSA page:

Here's a regular Trijicon RMR (top photos) compared to my SU-291 (bottom photos). This is a good comparison because the regular production RMR was made in January 2019 and my SU-291 was made in May 2019, so the production dates are pretty close together. Look closely at the laser engraved markings on both versions of the RMR, it appears that there are 3 main differences. On the right side, the SU-291 doesn't have the 2PE1:19 bible verse. On the left side, the SU-291 doesn't have the Trijicon logo. On the top, the SU-291 has the NSN 1240-01-678-5336 engraved on it. This is currently the only place that you can find a direct comparison, with photos, between a regular production RMR and a military issued SU-291:

Here's a link to my thread about my 2 original Mk27 pistols with original SU-291 red dot sights:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/my-mk27-mod-1-and-mod-2.1951034/

Here's another great thread on the Mk27 pistols:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/mk27-on-gb-right-now.1889570/

I finally got the stamp back for my Sig MODX-9 silencer today, so my Mk27 pistols are finally finished! This is an original contract overrun Mk27 Mod 2 pistol with an original military surplus Trijicon SU-291 red dot sight and a clone correct Sig MODX-9 silencer. The Mk27's factory Glock barrel has M13.5x1 counterclockwise threads, so it's a good thing that the Sig MODX-9 silencer came with both an M13.5x1 threaded piston and a 1/2-28 threaded piston. The US military Mk27 Mod 2's have factory Glock barrels with the M13.5x1 CCW threads, which is pretty unique, and that's one of the ways we can tell that this is an actual contract overrun pistol (SKU on the case label and UID barcode on the underside of the triggerguard are 2 other things to look for).

If any of you guys are thinking about buying an original contract overrun Mk27 Mod 1 and/or Mod 2 pistol, be advised that they are extremely rare and are very expensive! There's probably about a dozen of each type of pistol in private hands and both versions currently sell for $6,000 each! If you come across one of these Glocks (make sure that it has the correct characteristics and SKU on the case) and it has a price under $6k, buy it! Very rare Glocks and very early production Glocks have absolutely exploded in price in the past 5 or 6 years, so who knows what these contract overrun Mk27's will be worth in a few years or decades from now.

A large Glock collection is being sold on GunBroker (selling started a month or 2 ago and is still ongoing), and that's had a major effect on rare/early Glock prices. Some pistols are now half the price that they were selling for last year, and after this large Glock collection dump is over, prices will recover and will continue increasing at a steady rate. So, right now is a pretty good time to get into some very rare and/or very early Glock pistols before the prices shoot up again. I haven't seen a real Mk27 sell in quite a while, and a bunch of collectors are currently looking for them, so their price might not have been affected by this large Glock collection liquidation. I just wanted to give you guys some information about what these Mk27 pistols are worth, and what's currently happening with the market for collectable Glock pistols (such a weird concept, collectable plastic pistols, lol).

Here's my Mk27 Mod 2 in it's completed form:

New and old, Current Mk27 Mod 2 and G17 from March 1984:

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Brand new KKM barrel doesn’t kit.

View Quote

Interesting. I have 3 KKM barrels and they were all drop fit.

I did see a disclaimer on their site that says 'Unless noted all barrels are drop-in fit'. Did the package say fitting was required?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I did see a disclaimer on their site that says 'Unless noted all barrels are drop-in fit'. Did the package say fitting was required?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Brand new KKM barrel doesn't kit.

I've seen claims of KKMs QC falling off. Could be the case here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Nope. I was able to get it in but I have to rack the slide really hard to unlock it and for it to slam home into battery. I tried it in another G22(and even a G24)and it’s not as bad as this one but it’s still not good.

And on top of all that, the threads on the comp are already fucked.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I've seen claims of KKMs QC falling off. Could be the case here.
View Quote

Looks like it. My dad’s old KKM 357 Sig barrel drops in no issues.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Looks like it. My dad's old KKM 357 Sig barrel drops in no issues.

https://i.imgur.com/9UChW5m.jpg
View Quote
Yeah I haven't had  anyissues with the one in my Roland. It sucks if their QC has gone down cause I need 3 more of their barrel and comps for my clones so it looks like I'll be turning to the Used section in the EE.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Gonna contact them today and see what happens. It was cool for about five minutes. I got two pics out of it at least. Comp ports are upside down.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

All in various stages of works in progress w/ at least one more build planned. Still haven't found a T.H.E. Magwell yet lol.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#24]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_7119_jpeg-3206098.JPG

All in various stages of works in progress w/ at least one more build planned. Still haven't found a T.H.E. Magwell yet lol.
View Quote

I still hate you for getting an aimpoint micro dovetail mount.
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I still hate you for getting an aimpoint micro dovetail mount.
View Quote
I hate him for finding a 6 second mount!!
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I hate him for finding a 6 second mount!!
View Quote
I will say the dovetail aimpoint mount would probably be the hardest thing to find out of all those items in the picture. I got really lucky with finding it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Page / 34
Next Page Arrow Left
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 34 of 34)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top