User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:

26L?  Sure - any retard with a Dremel can do that

26X?  Not so much, or battlecock wouldn't be able to charge as much as he does for his.
View Quote
I'm sorry, I don't know the difference.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Originally Posted By DavidY:

26L?  Sure - any retard with a Dremel can do that

26X?  Not so much, or battlecock wouldn't be able to charge as much as he does for his.
26L is a 26 grip but a 19 slide.

26X is a 26 slide but a 19 grip.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I figured they would, but wasn't sure. Everyone seems to say these are very good frames and reliable.
View Quote

I really like mine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:42:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#4]
Originally Posted By Dave_Williams:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45824/IMG_0541_jpeg-3181928.JPG

I was shocked how nice it is for $115.
View Quote

That looks really nice.  I was just thinking about getting a Suarez RMR slide too.  The SI slide specs look top notch.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been debating with myself about getting one of these for months now.
Decision made, gonna pull the trigger on a black one with OEM internals this week.
I can swap out a gray 80P Builder slide I have on a Poly80 Compact frame for now (OEM internals, Holosun 507C ACSS and suppressor height iron sights on it) for the time being.  
Long term plan is to get a Brownell's Iron Sight Gen 3 slide, KKM barrel, GlockStore tungsten guide rod / spring, and OEM components for the rest of the slide internals, and have it milled locally for a Holosun 507K GR RDS, (my favorite RDS so far).
I'll post pics when I have it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a deal from one of the usual dropshippers on the Gideon Omega Green circle dot SRO size optic ($143 shipped) to plop on top of my gray dagger slide.  

I thought about getting one of the gray 507C but then I would have to get one of the gray TLR 1HL and I'm not sure when GT Distributors will get more of those locally (I would really have to see it first).  

Dvor has the 507c on sale again for 297 shipped for the green and their sister company optics planet has it for about $330 shipped, but with a $75 gift card.  The coupon I have with OP ends tomorrow, so I've got a little time to think about that but I think I really need the ridiculously oversized window of the Gideon Omega.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

That looks really nice.  I was just thinking about getting a Suarez RMR slide too.  The SI slide specs look top notch.
View Quote

Thanks I've had it for quite awhile, it was a blem, only $200. The most expensive thing on the gun is the KKM barrel, $295 with comp and thread protector, absurd.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have any experience with the GG slides?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Picked up my two frames this afternoon. Really liking these so far. Will have them out on Friday for some range time. Also trying out that new Steiner.

My only gripe is I don't like the extended mag release. So I ordered two factory gen 4 releases to swap them out. Easy fix, but I've never liked extended controls on Glocks. Oh and I need to swap the sight on the top one to some standard height plain Ameriglos. The suppressor height sights are too tall for the MPS. That sucker sits very low in the Acro cut. I really like that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Picked up my two frames this afternoon. Really liking these so far. Will have them out on Friday for some range time. Also trying out that new Steiner.

My only gripe is I don't like the extended mag release. So I ordered two factory gen 4 releases to swap them out. Easy fix, but I've never liked extended controls on Glocks. Oh and I need to swap the sight on the top one to some standard height plain Ameriglos. The suppressor height sights are too tall for the MPS. That sucker sits very low in the Acro cut. I really like that.
View Quote

Did you get the Glock internals or other frame?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#11]
26L is a 26 grip but a 19 slide.

26X is a 26 slide but a 19 grip.
View Quote
Gotcha
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:30:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#12]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:

Did you get the Glock internals or other frame?
View Quote
I got the OE Glock internals. Both of those are all stock 19 parts other than the frame itself and slide milling by Wager.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Did a quick function check of them just now. Ran fine with factory Glock mags and Pmags. Locked back on the last round as they should. Only shot two mags through each but should give them a more thorough test on Friday.

The texture on the frame is very nice compared to a stock gen 3. Really stays planted in your hand while firing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up my black frame from my LGS this afternoon.  Threw on a completed slide from a Poly80 and an old Olight and here it is.  
Not impressed with the trigger but I knew going in that with Glock OEM internals I'd probably not be happy.  I think it's time to think seriously about a Johnny Glock comat trigger.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Guess I'm so used to stock Glock triggers at this point a new one feels nice to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Guess I'm so used to stock Glock triggers at this point a new one feels nice to me.
View Quote
I've got a Timney Alpha trigger with a GlockStore Black 'Yikes' Double Diamond 3.0 connector in a G26.3 I built from a stripped frame that has a scary good trigger.  If I hadn't had a couple decades behind a 1911 with a really good trigger I wouldn't even have considered carrying it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
IG post w GG pics

They’re videos/slide shows. I took close up pics of the frame where I smoothed things out.

These are my favorite aftermarket frames.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I built mine just like the OP. I've built 3 Remsport slides with RMR cuts, and I love them. The texturing on my frame under the beavertail was very rough, especially where the weld is down the middle. I smoothed the texturing down with a dremel sanding drum. That is my only criticism of the frame, I don't have any use for the texturing in that location.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Take two.  I think I like this better than the RDS slide.  FDE P80 brand slide with OEM internals and TruGlo FO sights from my very first P80 build years ago.  This fits all my G19.5 holsters.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It can be real fun to play around, but after owning every Glock variation on the planet, I much prefer a stock Gen 5.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I am done with this one.
GG1 slide, JohnnyGlocks Evo X Combat trigger, Ameriglo I-dot sights, Glock extended slide release.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37420/20240427_174656-3199559.jpgI think I am done with this one.
GG1 slide, JohnnyGlocks Evo X Combat trigger, Ameriglo I-dot sights, Glock extended slide release.

View Quote

Looks great!  What are your thoughts on GG slide and JG trigger?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:40:22 AM EDT
[#23]
GG slide seems solid.  I originally thought my P80 slide was a better fit on the frame but after racking it a few dozen times it seems to be settling in, if that makes sense.
JG trigger feels pretty much like my G19.5 trigger except that it has a crisper break (as JG say, 'glass rod' break).  Not the lightest break but a nice break, again, if that makes sense.  
It doesn't compare to the Timney Apex as far as being light, but I wanted a combat oriented trigger in this as I plan on it being my primary carry gun once I've proven it out with my carry ammo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top