Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2012 3:02:32 PM EDT
Picked up another 92FS with a  curved dustcover today.  Got it at Academy.

I gave up trying to find one with factory night sights, after going to many, many gunshows in a row. Plus, the standard ones have all been scratched to hell at the gun shows... It's a 90 minute  drive each way to the Houston gunshows... So, I just paid a few bucks more and just bought it local...

It's another regular 92FS with the curved dustcover and backstrap indentation...

That particular style of 92 is my every day carrygun, and I wanted one more exactly like it (my other 92FS as the straight dustcover and no rear strap indentation). I'll probably send it off for night sights soon.

Anyway - the Wheel-O-Berettas now has NINE 92s... I also have a PX4, but I don't fit it into "the wheel"  

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sexy.  Now just need an older Italian Inox version to round it out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just what I was thinking!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And an XM9 hushpuppy...
ETA: Pic
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
No Vertec?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, but you still need these two.

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I generally prefer stainless or silver guns. In 1911s, that is my preference. With polymer guns, I love the contrast of the black frame and a stainless or hard chromed slide….

But the Beretta 92 is the ONLY gun that I PREFER in black. I don't care for the Inox models, personally. I did own a couple years ago, but I just always preferred black ones.

So, no plans to get one in Inox. Sorry.

Quoted:
No Vertec?

I owned a Vertec once - right when they first came out. I do not care for the grip as much as the standard 92 grip...

Those are very nice - but I don't buy used guns. Since I only buy current production guns, I stick with the ones made now.  I have looked at some of the older models at a gunstore in Houston before, though...

Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet collection the Beretta Gods have smiled on you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Shipwreck can you tell me how you got nifght sights on the M9A1? Did you have the front sight machined and what sights did you use ? Or are you talking only the rear sight?
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Shipwreck can you tell me how you got nifght sights on the M9A1? Did you have the front sight machined and what sights did you use ? Or are you talking only the rear sight?

Tool tech gunsight - the only option for the front fixed sight slides. They do factory night sights for beretta, actually.

They drill the front sight and insert a tritium vial. Then, they replace the rear sight with night sights.

I sent the slide off for my compact and my m9a1 last spring. $150 plus $17.50 return shipping. 2-3 week turn around.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sweet collection the Beretta Gods have smiled on you.

Sho nuff
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I generally prefer stainless or silver guns. In 1911s, that is my preference. With polymer guns, I love the contrast of the black frame and a stainless or hard chromed slide….

But the Beretta 92 is the ONLY gun that I PREFER in black. I don't care for the Inox models, personally. I did own a couple years ago, but I just always preferred black ones.

So, no plans to get one in Inox. Sorry.

No need to apologize, I was not fully aware of your particular "thing".  

My next one is going to be a bastard of some sort.  A friend has a D model centurion with a threaded full-size barrel and a DA/SA trigger in it.  I don't know why but I like it.  Fun to shoot canned too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Good deal.  I'm very fond of my Beretta 92's.  

Great pistols.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I see talk of straight dust cover vs. curved dust cover, but I don't know what that means exactly.   What is the dust cover?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I see talk of straight dust cover vs. curved dust cover, but I don't know what that means exactly.   What is the dust cover?

See here about the dustcover differences:

Generally, the 92 has the curved, and the M9 has the straight dustcover in current production Berettas.

However, mid 2011, Beretta made some 92s built on M9 frames (straight dustcover). And, now, there are M9s forsale built on the curved dustcover 92 frame,...

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#16]
There is also a difference on the backstrap...

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you.   That helped.

I've seen dustcover referenced here and on Beretta Forum, and seen it explained in words, but the pics help a lot more.

I just got a 92 FS at the end of last year.   I like it so much that I just got a 92 Compact as well.  Both are great.

The 92 FS appears to be curved dustcover with radiused backstrap.  It's a recent model manufactured it Italy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#18]
The straight dustcover looks better, IMHO. And, older 92s came that way. But as a guy with small hands, the rear strap indentation makes a BIG difference.

There are a few people who claim to have older 92s with a straight dustcover AND the rear strap indentation. I wish they'd make them that way now. But, in a 1 handed grip, I like that change in the backstrap.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The straight dustcover looks better, IMHO. And, older 92s came that way. But as a guy with small hands, the rear strap indentation makes a BIG difference.

There are a few people who claim to have older 92s with a straight dustcover AND the rear strap indentation. I wish they'd make them that way now. But, in a 1 handed grip, I like that change in the backstrap.

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#20]
You need a Centurion in your collection.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Ship, how much handier for carry would you say the compact model is over the full size?  

I am thinking about a Type M compact but not having seen it in the flesh it is hard to visualize carrying.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice collection OP.  I have a 92FS with the straight dust cover and factory threaded barrel. It also came with a folding knife with a bullet in the handle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 2:39:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a Taurus knockoff of the Beretta over 20 years ago.  It looked and shot great but I sold it a few years ago.  After seeing this thread, I want the real deal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ship, how much handier for carry would you say the compact model is over the full size?  

I am thinking about a Type M compact but not having seen it in the flesh it is hard to visualize carrying.

Well, the compact Type M is still not skinny, say like a 1911. And, mags are VERY tough to find. If you do find them, they'll be $60 or more.

I would suggest to get a new Type L, while they are still on shelves.

I carry the fullsize most of the time,. but the compact is a little easier to conceal :)

Quoted:
You need a Centurion in your collection.

I don't care to buy used guns. But if they released them again, I'd buy one for sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top