Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D-der:
A couple come to mind,
How's the trigger
Are the grip's too large for pocket carry compared to regular 642 grips
Overall thoughts compared to average J frame

Thanks!
View Quote

The trigger is heavy but smooth.  It will only get better with some use.  

I'm not sure about the grips and pocket carry.  I have ordered a pocket holster to try it out.  

I can take the grip panel off later to see how much grip material runs outside the back strap.  But the grips obviously run outside the the back strap.  

The bottom of the butt:
Attachment Attached File

The top of the backstrap:
Attachment Attached File

The guys that partnered with Lipsey s on the specs and features know that pocket carry is a big bonus for J frames and one of them is big on mentioning he carries a lot that way.  I can't see them going after grips that would frustrate that capability.  The grips are really good.  Everyone that has held mine starts off with some version of "oh that's nice" when the first hold it.  

Overall, really happy with mine and worth the MSRP.  It feels like a refined J frame.  If you are one of those guys that picks up a J frame and its like "hello old friend" and the gun just makes sense for what it is, than this is that gun coming into it's prime.   I would love to see the airweight Bodyguard get the same treatment.  

Also at my age, a J Frame doesnt get any better than this:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

I'm not sure about the grips and pocket carry.  I have ordered a pocket holster to try it out.  

I can take the grip panel off later to see how much grip material runs outside the back strap.  But the grips obviously run outside the the back strap.  

The bottom of the butt:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/20240319_133504_jpg-3163662.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/20240319_133642_jpg-3163663.JPG

The guys that partnered with Lipsey s on the specs and features know that pocket carry is a big bonus for J frames and one of them is big on mentioning he carries a lot that way.  I can't see them going after grips that would frustrate that capability.  The grips are really good.  Everyone that has held mine starts off with some version of "oh that's nice" when the first hold it.  

Overall, really happy with mine and worth the MSRP.  It feels like a refined J frame.  If you are one of those guys that picks up a J frame and its like "hello old friend" and the gun just makes sense for what it is, than this is that gun coming into it's prime.   I would love to see the airweight Bodyguard get the same treatment.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161929/20240319_103354_jpg-3163675.JPG
View Quote

Thanks, I look forward to your thoughts after you've given it a run. The sights look very good, personally I've had mixed results with rounded front sights but, they're quick and if they shoot 148gr WC to the sights out to 15 yrs with a good trigger and build quality I'll be quite pleased, I'm pretty partial to CT grips for pocket carry which is my intended snub purpose so, if the grips are great but too large, I won't be disappointed to put CT' s on it, plus I think they'd lighten the load by a couple ounces. My 642 Pro's a great shooter but the sights are limiting with my eyesight, really look forward to real sights
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]

The bottom of the butt:

View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]

The bottom of the butt:

View Quote

Looks really good

Dont be shy about checkin back in after you get some rounds through it

I just bought a 642 right before they announced these. Id love to have one but I cant really justify the purchase
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chase45:

Looks really good

Dont be shy about checkin back in after you get some rounds through it

I just bought a 642 right before they announced these. Id love to have one but I cant really justify the purchase
View Quote

We're a little busy with spring break, but when I get a chance I'm going to get one of our FA instructors to qualify me on it for off duty.  I will update here as soon as I can.  Also Speer 135 Grain +P is really hard to find right now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck, now I want one of those .32 revolvers but I will give it awhile to let the price come down some......maybe they will make some more in .327
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Heck, now I want one of those .32 revolvers but I will give it awhile to let the price come down some......maybe they will make some more in .327
View Quote

These will never be available in .327 because that would require a scandium frame.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

These will never be available in .327 because that would require a scandium frame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, I don't see S&W doing that but it would be nice to have them available......
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Yeah, I don't see S&W doing that but it would be nice to have them available......
View Quote

The sights and trigger modifications seen on these might make their way to the Scandium lineup, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]

The sights and trigger modifications seen on these might make their way to the Scandium lineup, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The sights would be good.............I have a 642 Performance center gun and the trigger is awesome
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Lipsey’s J frame (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top