Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/22/2011 1:14:23 PM EDT
Just got my first H&K today (USP Compact .40 S&W) and was wondering if carrying like this is...usual?
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Use to...  USP .45  sold to my friend ...  Had a hard time reaching the trigger after I lost the tip of my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyday all day.

USP45C
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
When it was a V1 I carried hammer down, safety on and took the first shot DA.  Then I found the joys of the light LEM and switched over all my shooters to that and retained the safety so no re-training was needed.  So now I am carrying DAO LEM with safety and could not be happier.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
DA safety off.   Once in a while cocked n locked.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
my p2000 is da/sa with no actual safety.

so needless to say i don't run around with a round in the chamber AND it cocked back. just seems too risky to me. I leave that first pull DA so I have to really want to pull that trigger to get it to go bang

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
USPc/T .45, condition 1 all the time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When it was a V1 I carried hammer down, safety on and took the first shot DA.  Then I found the joys of the light LEM and switched over all my shooters to that and retained the safety so no re-training was needed.  So now I am carrying DAO LEM with safety and could not be happier.

I carry a USP 40 (full size) Variant 1  the same way, can this particular model be converted to the LEM and if so can you point me towards the parts and instructions ?  I really don't care for the D/A trigger in this gun.

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it can be converted.  HK can do it for you or you can buy the LEM kit from HKparts.net and do it yourself, about $125 IIRC.  Directions for doing the conversion are on HKPRO in the reference library.  Good luck.  You will love it.

Before doing anything read the directions for installing the LEM kit and make sure your pistol has the proper catch.  Very early pistols cannot be converted with the kit since they will have the wrong catch in them, but if your pistol is newer than roughly 1996 or 7, it will be OK.  Just check the catch first.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, it can be converted.  HK can do it for you or you can buy the LEM kit from HKparts.net and do it yourself, about $125 IIRC.  Directions for doing the conversion are on HKPRO in the reference library.  Good luck.  You will love it.

Before doing anything read the directions for installing the LEM kit and make sure your pistol has the proper catch.  Very early pistols cannot be converted with the kit since they will have the wrong catch in them, but if your pistol is newer than roughly 1996 or 7, it will be OK.  Just check the catch first.

Thank you very much. This particular gun is an 06.

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
HK45 in a crossbreed supertuck, decocked off safe for me. And I carried my USP45 the same way.

Edit-that is also condition 1, no reason to not have it ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Always carried with a loaded chamber.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Cocked and locked like a 1911 but without all the drama.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I carry my HK 45C V1 cocked and locked everyday in a Stronghold Phoenix holster.   That's how they're intended to be carried.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to carry my HK 45C cocked and locked.  I have since carried my P30 over 95% of the time.  Now it's safety off for the 45 and DA first pull because that is what I have been training with more over the last year.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#15]
For some reason, I usually only carry my 1911 cocked and locked. My USP, I carry decocked safety off...probably just something in the back of my mind messing with me.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much. This particular gun is an 06.

LEM kit currently on sale for $79.89 !!!!! at HKparts.net

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#17]
cocked n locked with +1 round in chamber to avoid the heavy ass p30 v3 trigger pull
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I carry a USP 40 (full size) Variant 1  the same way, can this particular model be converted to the LEM and if so can you point me towards the parts and instructions ?  I really don't care for the D/A trigger in this gun.

Your full size 40 can be converted to a LEM trigger, but that may not be necessary. The following is mt rationalization for that statement. All of my full size V1 USPs are carried cocked and locked. My first USP was a USP.45 Tactical. Having gotten used to the match trigger in it I converted my subsequent full size USPs to the same trigger group and never looked back. My full size USP40 was originally a light LEM. I gave it some time to see if it would grow on me... it didn't. It is now sports a match trigger as well as my USP9 and USP45 Tactical. The DA trigger is much smoother than the standard DA and the SA has very crisp break with no creep, or over travel. Now I can practice with my less expensive to shoot 9mm and move between it and the 40, or .45 without having to adjust my handling of the trigger due to any difference. The only time I leave the pistol in DA mode is when It's the designated house gun and in the nightstand. I also leave the safety on. It provides me with a few seconds to shake off the cobwebs should I be awakened from a deep sleep. When carrying cocked and locked it's important to ensure that your holster doesn't move the safety into the fire position over the course of a day, or while drawing the pistol. My custom holsters haven't had any issues with moving the safety so cocked and locked it is. This all made my transition from 1911s to the USPs pretty much seamless.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top