Springfeild's New Gun (Page 3 of 8)
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Well hell..  I think I have to have this.  I have several plastic 9s, but the all the features this one has,  I usually have to mod to have.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Shot mine today trigger is very nice, no way would I change it, 240 rounds through it, functions great
perfect mag function with lockup and release, no need to push hard to feed it with the mag topped off
not snappy at all, no trigger/finger slap, gun shoots very smooth
the slide action is super smooth when racking it, no side to side slop to the frame
everything seems to work really good for my hand
I would like to see a shorter barrel on the next one, more like my Glock 19x or FN 509
with the modular trigger it will be fun building the right size stuff, hopefully they get working on different options
this one has a longer barrel than I like
overall, super nice to shoot. I will be buying the next option.. Excellent pistol, good job Springfield
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TargetEarth:
Shot mine today trigger is very nice, no way would I change it, 240 rounds through it, functions great
perfect mag function with lockup and release, no need to push hard to feed it with the mag topped off
the slide action is super smooth when racking it, no side to side slop to the frame
I would like to see a shorter barrel on the next one, more like my Glock 19x or FN 509
with the modular trigger it will be fun building the right size stuff, hopefully they get working on different options
overall, super nice to shoot. I will be buying the next option.. Excellent pistol, good job Springfield
View Quote

So this is basically a glock...  after stippling, tigger job, night sights, slide serations, milled for rds for about the price of a glock.

I'm in
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm so close to snatching one of these up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
I'm so close to snatching one of these up.
View Quote
#metoo

Really just waiting for the threaded barrel version

but I know as soon as a buy one they will release the compact version and thats really what I want
I'm assuming they will have conversion kits for them
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
A similar modular idea floated around the Beretta APX.  

Let’s hope this implementation goes better.  I love my APX Centurion but the only real modularity is that I can switch out grip frame colors or buy a compact frame for it, which uses two less rounds and the same slide assembly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I'd like to see a compact grip module with the full-size slide.

I better stop reading this stuff-- making me want one haha.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I can drive almost 2 1/2 hours to buy one at $599, or buy local to me for $630. Plus tax, both. Both companies ignore the mag ban. It's because of that I have to buy in state.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I can drive almost 2 1/2 hours to buy one at $599, or buy local to me for $630. Plus tax, both. Both companies ignore the mag ban. It's because of that I have to buy in state.
View Quote
How much is gas and how much do you burn? In my Tundra, on Florida's flat road, a 2.5 hour drive to and back (5 hours round trip) is pretty much a tank of gas. Is it 2.5 hours round trip or one-way?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#12]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
How much is gas and how much do you burn? In my Tundra, on Florida's flat road, a 2.5 hour drive to and back (5 hours round trip) is pretty much a tank of gas. Is it 2.5 hours round trip or one-way?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

Yeah, about 5 hour round trip. In my 4Runner, it would probably be at least half a tank, at $3.50 best price. So yeah, any savings would certainly be lost.

Stop being a bad influence!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
I didn't see this linked previously. Hopefully I'm not duping someone else's post:

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/apex-news/the-springfield-armory-echelon-an-engineering-perspective/
View Quote

Excellent read! Thank you for linking that blog post.

I like how the post focused on features that I haven't seen other reviewers discuss-- I didn't know that the handgun had a "cartridge pocket."
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Springfield Armory Echelon: Springfield’s All-New Modular Pistol

Rob Leatham talks about it
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:00:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#17]
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKBQLuqJbSM

View Quote

Speaking of Rob Leatham... here's the original video of him and Jim Scoutten promoting the XD back in 2002-2003.

What suck is Jim Scoutten passed away today .

I remember watching this video when the XD when they first came out.

Springfield Armory XD Sales Video and Torture test

RIP Mr. Scoutten.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKBQLuqJbSM

View Quote
Thats a good video. Watched it over the weekend

As someone who is involved with designing products, I'm always interested in hearing how things are designed.
This video sounds like Springfield designed it and basically had HS build it or worked very very closely with the design team and built the gun for the US market as opposed to the Xd line that was pre-built and just imported by Springfield

I'm really excited to see where they go with this chassis set up. I've been disappointed with the way Sig has done theirs. slides and frames cost almost as much as a whole new gun so what's the point?
Hope Springfield doesn't follow this path
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Price already coming down
Now hurry up with the compact
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 9:52:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#20]
Picked one up today, as well as a Holosun 407. Fit and finish are excellent. Note: some didn't think that the pistol comes with the sight pins, but it comes with all 3.

Managed to do a 100rd burn down, before I had to get ready for my match. No failures. Trigger is very nice, better than a factory Sig P320 trigger. POA is different than my Sigs, so that'll take a little getting used to. I'll play with the grip to see if it improves.

I'd prefer a larger magazine release. as someone who uses a gas pedal on my Sigs, I found the indexing points lacking for that sort of purpose. I'll be looking for a gas pedal eventually.

All in all, so far, I find nothing to complain about, and lots to praise.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2023 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked one up today, as well as a Holosun 407. Fit and finish are excellent. Note: some didn't think that the pistol comes with the sight pins, but it comes with all 3.

Managed to do a 100rd burn down, before I had to get ready for my match. No failures. Trigger is very nice, better than a factory Sig P320 trigger. POA is different than my Sigs, so that'll take a little getting used to. I'll play with the grip to see if it improves.

I'd prefer a larger magazine release. as someone who uses a gas pedal on my Sigs, I found the indexing points lacking for that sort of purpose. I'll be looking for a gas pedal eventually.

All in all, so far, I find nothing to complain about, and lots to praise.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180161/1000002391_jpg-2891888.JPG
View Quote

Do they say which grip module comes with it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:

Do they say which grip module comes with it?
View Quote

I was short on time, and I didn't deep dive. From previous experience, I'd guess a medium is factory installed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes. Medium is the default. Other sizes are $65 or so direct from Springfield. Hopefully they will be more like $40 once Omaha Outdoors, etc gets some in stock.

The factory texture is pretty decent. There will also be a factory "aggressive" texture.
View Quote

They use the same texture on the Hellcat, which I'm very satisfied with on that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Got one at Academy last night.  After finger fucking it I was impressed and impulse bought it.  Can't wait to shoot it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks cool. That add tho

Thundercougerfalconbird.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: country_boy87] [#27]
Hey are y’all using the Trijicon rmr type 2?
Do I need to purchase the barrier plate?

Bought an owb w/tlr1 holster from tr holsters for 50 something bucks.
Be here on the 24th!
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
Hey are y'all using the Trijicon rmr type 2?

Be here on the 24th!
View Quote
I took off the cover and mounted the rmr, using the same pins.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

My understanding is if the optic overhangs on each side, you need that thin barrier plate for water protection.  It Not a plate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
Hey are y'all using the Trijicon rmr type 2?

Be here on the 24th!

I misunderstood, yes, get the Sealing plate cheap insurance for water

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok! Just put my 1st 500rds thru it. This gun is as advertised! It was Hornady 9mm 135gr FMJ.
I was a bit miffed that the mounting screws did not come with the gun. But was glad that they have the plates for it. Have a QVO OWB holster and it works great!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By atacdale66:
Ok! Just put my 1st 500rds thru it. This gun is as advertised! It was Hornady 9mm 135gr FMJ.
I was a bit miffed that the mounting screws did not come with the gun. But was glad that they have the plates for it. Have a QVO OWB holster and it works great!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85690/IMG_0290_jpeg-2893685.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85690/IMG_0291_jpeg-2893686.JPG
View Quote

Nice... joining the new Master race.. I was pissed about the screws also, then I said, crap, they got everything else right, can't possibly bitch about that, plus they sell them on the website. I will be getting a set before I buy the next one just to have them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice... joining the new Master race.. I was pissed about the screws also, then I said, crap, they got everything else right, can't possibly bitch about that, plus they sell them on the website. I will be getting a set before I buy the next one just to have them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By atacdale66:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85690/IMG_0290_jpeg-2893685.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85690/IMG_0291_jpeg-2893686.JPG

So. Ordered 2 sets of the screws and the plate at the same time. Screws are back ordered. But! The plate came with screws! Had it mounted and off I went.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#36]
My TLR-7A arrives today. I guess I'll have to wait for a company to make a holster that will fit it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm planning on waiting for the threaded model...but I see Springfield has threaded barrels on their site.  Tough decision.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:42:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetEarth] [#39]
Does anyone know yet how much the EPS screws need to be shortened to mount that optic?
View Quote
ETA....See Melvin_Johnson post below for correct screw length from Springfield

For the RMR.. could work the same. I measured down until I hit bottom, guts, it was approx .170 you don't want to hit parts with the screws, being safe I would keep it at .110 or so, you need to check yourself.
ETA.....
Attachment Attached File

Then put the screws through the optic, just let them hang,
Attachment Attached File

measure the screw threads sticking out, mine were approx .100 about 4 threads, could be a little longer
Attachment Attached File

If you are using a sealer plate, they are about .012 make sure you add that in
Attachment Attached File

I had about 4 threads, these were screws from the junk drawer, have not cut new ones down yet, and that should be pretty damn close, these I think are 6x32 run them in without lock tite, make sure they are not bottoming out against any guts in the slide, that's what I did with the rmr.
I think you would be ahead buying the srew kit from Springfield, that's my plan.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#41]
This pistol really does intrigue me. I don't need one. But I definitely want one!
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Heading to the range now, mounted a tlr1 on it, waiting on the rmr ordered the barrier OHHHHH shoot.. No screws with it?  Here we go again....  Alright Ill see what I can do.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 10:40:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#43]

https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/category/holsters/
View All Quotes
I'll have to wait for a company to make a holster that will fit it.

https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/category/holsters/

Thanks for that!
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GreyBeardBiker:
This pistol really does intrigue me. I don't need one. But I definitely want one!
View Quote

I’m in the exact same position lol. I have more than enough 9mm striker guns, but every time a new one comes out I want it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By stk016:

I’m in the exact same position lol. I have more than enough 9mm striker guns, but every time a new one comes out I want it.
View Quote

I'm at the point where most of those don't catch my eye-- this one's got my attention to the point where I've come around from "I don't need another 9mm" to where I would really want one if they released a compact model (G19/~Hellcat Pro size). I know there are similar "modular" 9mm strikers on the market (P320/Compact, APX/Centurion APX A1/Compact, etc.), but Springfield's attention to detail in terms of the ergonomics has really impressed me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Here's info I received from SA regarding optic screw length:

The key dimension to look for is the amount of protrusion of the screw that extends beyond the bottom of the optic when the screw is inserted into the optic body. The screw protrusion should extend 2.4-2.8mm from the bottom of the optic. Any shorter and it will have less than ideal thread engagement, any longer than 2.8 and the screw on the right side could protrude into the extractor spring channel and bind up the extractor spring.
View Quote
Good info. looks like I'm in the safe zone for length, thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:

Ha. Well Sig stole the chassis idea wholesale from Steyr.  The steyr engineer who helped create the original steyr M9 (with triangular sights, not the beretta you’re thinking of), was Wilhelm Bubits.  He worked for Glock for years before helping Steyr. In other words, as usual, everyone is still copying Glock.  Although Glock admittedly stole many of his design cues from the H&K VP70.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:
Originally Posted By ElrodCod:
It's a rip off of Sig.

Ha. Well Sig stole the chassis idea wholesale from Steyr.  The steyr engineer who helped create the original steyr M9 (with triangular sights, not the beretta you’re thinking of), was Wilhelm Bubits.  He worked for Glock for years before helping Steyr. In other words, as usual, everyone is still copying Glock.  Although Glock admittedly stole many of his design cues from the H&K VP70.

@NoDakWolfPack just because someone worked for Glock and then left the company and designed something with another company doesn't mean the first company has any ties to the design. If so, where is Glock's FCU?
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#50]

I will try to get out early before the sun bakes, the innards look really clean, no nasty machine marks, mag release is excellent, sights are
totally useable with the RMR

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333757/20230715_191308_jpg-2887228.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333757/20230715_190906_jpg-2887226.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreyBeardBiker:

Congratulations! I look forward to a report from your first range day.

I will try to get out early before the sun bakes, the innards look really clean, no nasty machine marks, mag release is excellent, sights are
totally useable with the RMR

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333757/20230715_191308_jpg-2887228.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/333757/20230715_190906_jpg-2887226.JPG

Looks great!
Page / 8
Springfeild's New Gun (Page 3 of 8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top