Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2008 7:42:30 AM EDT
Anyone else email Springfield about that? I have seen very few parts available, and all have been aftermarket.  I know what you're thinking "But my XD has NEVER broken a part in XXXXXX rounds!!!!"  Everything breaks.

I emailed Springfield about it, and here was there response:
"I cannot say when the appropriate people will make the call on when to release all of the XD parts for sale.  Unfortunately, I don’t know if we will ever go that route due to the increasing number of draconian firearms laws being passed across the nation, we will all really have to wait on the higher ups to see what happens."

I challenge each of you who read this to send a quick email asking when spare parts will be available.  Post a similar thread in other gun forums.  

The XD is a good gun that is being shorted by spare parts availability.  Can we fix that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a recoil spring set-up for my SC and Tactical 9mm from Springfield.When I called them about the springs I asked about other parts and they told me they will sell most parts to customers but not everything. I did'nt ask which ones but if you want to know just give them a call.

I don't understand the comment of their's about not selling parts because of gun-laws. Its a part....not a gun so why not sell it? Mabey they just make up reasons to not sell parts as they don't have or can't get a large amount of parts for direct sale.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
<snip>
I don't understand the comment of their's about not selling parts because of gun-laws. Its a part....not a gun so why not sell it? Mabey they just make up reasons to not sell parts as they don't have or can't get a large amount of parts for direct sale.

They are probably afraid of the same .gov logic that says a RDIAS is the "machine gun" and the AR is the "part"  You never know what buffoonery our public servants will come up with next - like suing gun manufacturers for inner city crime.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
And this is why I won't even consider one as a purchase.

I'll stick to my 1911s where EVERYTHING is available from frames to sights and from multiple companies.
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The email they sent me with the IPB showed they sold most of the parts and pistol gear .com and several other places are selling stuff now. You can get parts for the XD.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The email they sent me with the IPB showed they sold most of the parts and pistol gear .com and several other places are selling stuff now. You can get parts for the XD.

Sorry, but what's an IPB?  All the sites I've been to like Pistolgear only sell OEM magazines, everything else is Don's this or SP that.  That's fine and I'm sure it's good stuff but I am talking about OEM parts.

Link Posted: 2/22/2008 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, but what's an IPB?  All the sites I've been to like Pistolgear only sell OEM magazines, everything else is Don's this or SP that.  That's fine and I'm sure it's good stuff but I am talking about OEM parts.

Probably IPB = Illustrated Parts Bulletin.  Basically an exploded diagram showing all the parts and listing them.

Too much time around USAF jet engine tech manuals ....
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably IPB = Illustrated Parts Bulletin.  Basically an exploded diagram showing all the parts and listing them.

Illustrated Parts Breakdown. Like I said parts are available.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out www.xdguys.com and www.pistolgear.com

XDguys seems to have a better selection of replacement parts both OEM and upgrades.
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say tomato I say... bulletin .  That's what we called them anyway.  Same difference
Link Posted: 2/22/2008 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Check out www.xdguys.com and www.pistolgear.com

XDguys seems to have a better selection of replacement parts both OEM and upgrades.

Thanks for that Krackels. XDguys is a good link.

However Springfield needs to open the parts doors.  I just can't understand their reluctance to do this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say tomato I say... bulletin .  That's what we called them anyway.  Same difference

Hey I agree. I was not trying to correct you or anything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
www.pistolgear.com  and www.springerprecision.com

pistolgear has springer precision springs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Those two have been covered.  They offer little to no OEM parts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2008 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I know they have been covered, just restating the fact they offer parts.  I'm having new parts made by Springer Precision, if they resemble in anway the work he did on my trigger, than they will be as good if not better than OEM in my book.  

I agree with you that Sprinfiled should be offering replacement parts, but it's important to know that there are perfectly viable options out there, since Sprinfiled seems more than comfortable to force their XD customers to send them firearms for repair at great inconvenience.  I simply don't understand their mindset on the issue.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Not true at all. You can say they do not offer every OEM part but not "little to no". It simply is not true.

I will agree that they should offer every OEM part to their customers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you link to the OEM parts available on the Springer Precision site? I don't see any there.  

I only see four OEM parts available at Pistolgear. pistolgear.com/products.php?id=46
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#17]
when did springfield start coughing up parts?  That link on Pistolgear is new, granted Scott doesn't have them in stock yet, but it's encouraging to see that they are coming.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can you link to the OEM parts available on the Springer Precision site? I don't see any there.  

I only see four OEM parts available at Pistolgear. pistolgear.com/products.php?id=46

Why don't you call springfield and ask them to send you the parts break down of what parts they sell and what parts you have to send your pistol back for. You are sayong a company does not sell something simply based on internet hype. Over half of the parts on the pistol SA said they would ship directly to me. I agree that they should sell more but again to say they sell none is not true. Get with SA and ask.
Link Posted: 2/27/2008 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you call springfield and ask them to send you the parts break down of what parts they sell and what parts you have to send your pistol back for. You are sayong a company does not sell something simply based on internet hype. Over half of the parts on the pistol SA said they would ship directly to me. I agree that they should sell more but again to say they sell none is not true. Get with SA and ask.

Where did I say Springfield sold no parts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Anyone else email Springfield about that? I have seen very few parts available,

Quoted:
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not sure what your problem is?  Those are both about vendors, and there are little to no parts available.  What have we got?  A grand total of three in this thread?  One only has FOUR parts.  Is that not little?  Is none, in the case of S Precision, not "no"?

I guess you forgot how this thread started, with me relaying a response I got from Springfield?  Here is another one:

"Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, we do not have a parts list available, but we do have parts available by phone at 800-680-6866.

Mitch
Customer Service Representative
Springfield, Inc.
1-800-680-6866
e-mail: [email protected]"

I am looking for information, nothing more.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Springfiled must be loostening up, pistol gear has quite a pile of parts listed, not in stock, but coming soon...  we shall see i suppose.

no parts list available?  strange response from springfiled
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what your problem is?  Those are both about vendors, and there are little to no parts available.  What have we got?  A grand total of three in this thread?  One only has FOUR parts.  Is that not little?  Is none, in the case of S Precision, not "no"?

I guess you forgot how this thread started, with me relaying a response I got from Springfield?  Here is another one:

"Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, we do not have a parts list available, but we do have parts available by phone at 800-680-6866.

Mitch
Customer Service Representative
Springfield, Inc.
1-800-680-6866
e-mail: [email protected]"

I am looking for information, nothing more.  

My point is the thread is obviously about how "parts are not available for XDs" when they are. I contacted Springfield my self and they showed my all sorts of parts I can get for it. Why they said they had no parts list is beyond me because they sent me one. Is it that hard to call instead of email?

Any way I already did the "Challenge" and they said that every thing that was not highlighted in yellow they would sell me with out me sending in my pistol and the others you would have to send in your pistol or have a gunsmith do it.

Should they offer all the parts? Yes but they do offer parts and you can get some parts form other sources.
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#24]
and of the yellow parts you can get #'s

after market. Hopefully someday the rest will be available to everyone.
Link Posted: 2/29/2008 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
parts i don't need stinking part's XD's are bullet proof
Link Posted: 3/1/2008 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My point is the thread is obviously about how "parts are not available for XDs" when they are. I contacted Springfield my self and they showed my all sorts of parts I can get for it. Why they said they had no parts list is beyond me because they sent me one. Is it that hard to call instead of email?

Any way I already did the "Challenge" and they said that every thing that was not highlighted in yellow they would sell me with out me sending in my pistol and the others you would have to send in your pistol or have a gunsmith do it.

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/brasman/XDPARTSNOTFORSALE-1.jpg

Should they offer all the parts? Yes but they do offer parts and you can get some parts form other sources.

The thread was created to find out who has parts, and an attempt to to get people to contact Springfield about doing more to support the XD.  This is not a swipe at the XD, it's a "Springfield! Your customers are telling you they would like to see more parts!"  Maybe you're a one-guy one-vote type?  Cool.  I guess I tend towards the squeaky wheel approach though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/brasman/XDPARTSNOTFORSALE-1.jpg

The thread was created to find out who has parts, and an attempt to to get people to contact Springfield about doing more to support the XD.  This is not a swipe at the XD, it's a "Springfield! Your customers are telling you they would like to see more parts!"  Maybe you're a one-guy one-vote type?  Cool.  I guess I tend towards the squeaky wheel approach though.

Well I certainly agree that SA should sell every part for the XD except the frame. They are losing customers because of it. Ruger plays the same game and it drives me up the wall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top