User Panel

Site Notices
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 6 of 7)
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Damn. I wish I had revisited this thread first. Anyway, Bereli is also selling A1 (10 rd) and A2 (17 rd) mags on sale. Mine were $26.10 each with free shipping so it may work out pretty close to what I'd have spent with Steyr.

ETA: Steyr's shipping (UPS) is $15.50. I spent $7.50 more with Bereli for the same quantity. I can live with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stonia:
What timing...pistol mags 50% off at Steyr.

Mags

Damn. I wish I had revisited this thread first. Anyway, Bereli is also selling A1 (10 rd) and A2 (17 rd) mags on sale. Mine were $26.10 each with free shipping so it may work out pretty close to what I'd have spent with Steyr.

ETA: Steyr's shipping (UPS) is $15.50. I spent $7.50 more with Bereli for the same quantity. I can live with that.
Same here. Bought two from Bereli. Those guys are awesome. Difference was only a couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:52:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molasses] [#2]
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
Same here. Bought two from Bereli. Those guys are awesome. Difference was only a couple of bucks.
View All Quotes

Mags

So PSA had already gotten me with the bouncing daily deals pricing for one and in the course of researching on here, I found this thread and decided to do the two is one and one is none thing with the recent Bereli link.

It took a week to get our schedules synched, but I picked up a second green M9-A2 MF from my transfer FFL yesterday, this one purchased from Bereli, along with having purchased 2 additional mags that they squeezed into the plastic case with the pistol.

Checking to see what was new in this thread, saw the Steyr sale link. Code "MagStockpile!2023" was available for orders of $200 or more. Came to $10 off on 10 mags, for a total of $205.50 at checkout just now.

Still uncertain what to do about a holster. What I would like is something Summer Comfort-ish, like the Galco I have for my FN FNS-9s, but so far, my search skills are proving inadequate. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or do I have to break out the leatherworking gear?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 4:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#3]
Originally Posted By Molasses:

So PSA had already gotten me with the bouncing daily deals pricing for one and in the course of researching on here, I found this thread and decided to do the two is one and one is none thing with the recent Bereli link.

It took a week to get our schedules synched, but I picked up a second green M9-A2 MF from my transfer FFL yesterday, this one purchased from Bereli, along with having purchased 2 additional mags that they squeezed into the plastic case with the pistol.

Checking to see what was new in this thread, saw the Steyr sale link. Code "MagStockpile!2023" was available for orders of $200 or more. Came to $10 off on 10 mags, for a total of $205.50 at checkout just now.

Still uncertain what to do about a holster. What I would like is something Summer Comfort-ish, like the Galco I have for my FN FNS-9s, but so far, my search skills are proving inadequate. Anyone able to point me in the right direction or do I have to break out the leatherworking gear?
View All Quotes

Mags

@Molasses
For holsters, I tried the kydex IWB from WTP but ended up sending it back as I couldn't make it comfortable.
My best solution thus far is the VNSH belly band style holster. It's doing a great job of spreading the C9-A2's weight out and tucking it close to my body so there isnt much printing.
I still have the search radar on for a kydex solution.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
@Molasses
For holsters, I tried the kydex IWB from WTP but ended up sending it back as I couldn't make it comfortable.
My best solution thus far is the VNSH belly band style holster. It's doing a great job of spreading the C9-A2's weight out and tucking it close to my body so there isnt much printing.
I still have the search radar on for a kydex solution.
View Quote

Thanks. I have lingered over the WTP kydex IWB at their website a couple of times. It's good to get direct feedback from someone who's tried it. I've got several holsters that are similar in appearance that have been great, but there have also been one or two that just weren't a good match.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Mags
View Quote

It figured, and right after I had just ordered some the day before from elsewhere. *sigh*  

Well, another order placed.  That will mean 10 more A1's and 9 more A2's all together.  

A few more magazines, and I can probably get promoted to mag whore.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 1:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#6]

View Quote

Shadow defensive, black trident, or AnR quick ship holsters. Other then that it’s custom made
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 8:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#7]
Got her back from fabricated arms. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Back from range and I like it. If your on the fence, a optic on this gun is very concealable and very shot shooting for its size.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:

Shadow defensive, black trident, or AnR quick ship holsters. Other then that it’s custom made
View Quote

Just ordered from AnR. Thanks for the info. I really wasn't finding stuff for the M9 A2 MF on my own.

Link Posted: 9/24/2023 10:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquatchAv8] [#10]
Nvm, already mentioned
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Just ordered from AnR. Thanks for the info. I really wasn't finding stuff for the M9 A2 MF on my own.

View Quote

Glad to help. The AnR are good to go, I use their flecktarn one. Only downside is no light bearing. Only shadow defensive carries those.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#12]
By the way, fabricated arms will also port Steyr barrels. I’m thinking about trying it to see how it feels
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Where does one buy spare parts for these pistols? I searched a couple of times and can't find any.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lexington1775:
Where does one buy spare parts for these pistols? I searched a couple of times and can't find any.
View Quote

Also replied in other thread that you posted in.

https://steyr-arms.us/product-category/handguns/pistol-parts/
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
So with these pistols dropping in price are they being replaced with a new model? Very curious as I was looking at buying one but I'm not sure, thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By awmp:
So with these pistols dropping in price are they being replaced with a new model? Very curious as I was looking at buying one but I'm not sure, thoughts?
View Quote

Honestly we do not know. Typically the Steyr gen take awhile for new versions to come out, however concerns leading to the grip and FCU both being serialized may cause something to come sooner. We also still have the issue of no optics ready version. Steyr has stated something is on the way but they also seemed to indicate it was a sleigh design, which is just a bad idea.  Steyr USA has also been delivering newa parts that have been absent for years. They also redesigned their website. So maybe? They are trying harder and there are areas to address, but Steyr doesn’t move quickly. Sales on their guns are common, especially in the down turned market we are in right now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#17]
New MF “orange” being shown on YouTube so it doesn’t seem like the MF is dead yet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 80085:
New MF “orange” being shown on YouTube so it doesn’t seem like the MF is dead yet.
View Quote

They also showed a European model with a manual safety. Although I don’t know if it’s coming to the USA
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Curious about the manual safety version, wonder if it will come to the states? Possible?
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By awmp:
Curious about the manual safety version, wonder if it will come to the states? Possible?
View Quote

Maybe in 4 years. Seriously. Steyr has awesome products but they’re consistently slow as hell.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Back from range and I like it. If your on the fence, a optic on this gun is very concealable and very shot shooting for its size.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/448154/IMG_2367_jpeg-2962965.JPG
View Quote

@Kwisak

What is the purpose of that notch cut into the muzzle end of the slide?

It could be a bottle opener but somehow I doubt that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m thinking seriously about selling my M9A1. I like the pistol but it doesn’t really do anything better than my Glocks and I rarely shoot or carry a pistol without a dot these days. The only bad thing is that’s it’s a super rare factory threaded barrel model and if I regret it down the road, it would be very difficult to find another.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#23]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
I’m thinking seriously about selling my M9A1. I like the pistol but it doesn’t really do anything better than my Glocks and I rarely shoot or carry a pistol without a dot these days. The only bad thing is that’s it’s a super rare factory threaded barrel model and if I regret it down the road, it would be very difficult to find another.
View Quote

You can get threaded barrels for the 9mm no problem. If you want to upgrade to the A2 you will be pretty happy with the changes. That said don’t sell it till next year if you do. Right now with the 399 sale the prices are low. Election year should help with that
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 4:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#24]

@Kwisak

What is the purpose of that notch cut into the muzzle end of the slide?

It could be a bottle opener but somehow I doubt that.
View Quote

Hey, can never have too many bottle openers. Really It just the predator cut. Basically for looks or I guess if you really want to count it for something you can say for lightening the slide

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#25]

You can get threaded barrels for the 9mm no problem. If you want to upgrade to the A2 you will be pretty happy with the changes. That said don’t sell it till next year if you do. Right now with the 399 sale the prices are low. Election year should help with that
View All Quotes

I do prefer the grip texture of the A2 but I don’t care for the updated rail and trigger guard, especially since they won’t fit my holsters. I know Steyr sells threaded barrels but aren’t they like $300 or something crazy?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#26]

I do prefer the grip texture of the A2 but I don’t care for the updated rail and trigger guard, especially since they won’t fit my holsters. I know Steyr sells threaded barrels but aren’t they like $300 or something crazy?
View Quote

Makes sense. The barrels are a bit crazy. Although typically the sales on Black Friday help knock it down a bit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Makes sense. The barrels are a bit crazy. Although typically the sales on Black Friday help knock it down a bit.
View All Quotes

I don’t recall ever seeing another A1 with a numbers matching threaded barrel from the factory. Did they do a special run of these at some point?
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#28]

I don’t recall ever seeing another A1 with a numbers matching threaded barrel from the factory. Did they do a special run of these at some point?
View Quote

Matching numbers no. I doubt you will find another matching numbers threaded barrel on the market. Likely that was a contract over run gun. It’s possible Steyr may do something with a threaded barrel from factory in the future but I highly doubt it. If they are focused on anything it would be an optics cut version, however I wouldn’t hold my breath on that either.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Bereli has just knocked off another $50 on the Steyr M9-A2 MF (4" bbl.)

$325 Shipped (plus any applicable sales tax)
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Man thats a steal. I wish Steyr would at least tease something optics-ready.  That would make resisting this much easier.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:24:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: meistermash] [#31]
Kinda hate you guys.
Eta: looks like they shipped mine already guys.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#32]

View Quote

Last year Botach had the MF for $399. It was a great deal so I bought one. Then recently Berelli had and still has the 6 mag, case, and light deal with a MF for $499. Another crazy deal so why not buy another. Now this $325 gun was too much so I bought a third MF.

The early adopters bought the MF for nearly $700 only a few years ago. If I were them, I'd be miffed that Steyr is blowing them out at the expense of those who initially put their trust in the new design...
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#33]

Last year Botach had the MF for $399. It was a great deal so I bought one. Then recently Berelli had and still has the 6 mag, case, and light deal with a MF for $499. Another crazy deal so why not buy another. Now this $325 gun was too much so I bought a third MF.

The early adopters bought the MF for nearly $700 only a few years ago. If I were them, I'd be miffed that Steyr is blowing them out at the expense of those who initially put their trust in the new design...
View Quote

Eh, I’m good with it and was an early adopter. I want more people on the platform. The Steyr pistol has always been a hidden gem. Maybe with more users it will increase after market support. Pretty sure I never spent more than 650 on one, at least initially before upgrades that is.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Eh, I’m good with it and was an early adopter. I want more people on the platform. The Steyr pistol has always been a hidden gem. Maybe with more users it will increase after market support. Pretty sure I never spent more than 650 on one, at least initially before upgrades that is.
View All Quotes

I really do like the Steyr pistols and I have an M9A1 but no factory option for a dot on a full size pistol makes it a non-starter for me at this point.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:20:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#35]

I really do like the Steyr pistols and I have an M9A1 but no factory option for a dot on a full size pistol makes it a non-starter for me at this point.
View Quote

I agree, it’s one of two gripes I have with the platform. That said when I bought my Glock I went with direct mill over their optics plate to eliminate the weak point, so as long as there are options to mill it’s the smaller of the two gripes. Steyr needs to take advantage of the fcu and offer frames amongst other accessories. I will say the move from the A1 to the A2 addressed all my other concerns (grip, ejector, etc)
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

That is what Steyr has been doing.

Release at MSRP. After a few years you can find them for a decent price for a while.  Then you see awesome deals and they blow out their stock for a year or two.

Then the new model comes out. I believe the next one will be optic ready.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 8:22:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#37]
Haven't read the entire thread, don't know if anybody linked this combo yet.  

Gun

Six mags total

Nightstick TWM-30 (I got two of the lights from them at $50 each and they are great for my needs).

Bag

https://www.bereli.com/steyr-arms-bundle-a2-9mm-pistol-nightstick-tactical-light-blackhawk-pistol-bag-4-additional-17rd-magazines-6-total/
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I liked that combo until Steyr did a 50% off mag sale. Now it might be better to just get the gun then the mags from Steyr. After that you can pick your light.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I liked that combo until Steyr did a 50% off mag sale. Now it might be better to just get the gun then the mags from Steyr. After that you can pick your light.
View Quote

True.  I'm surprised the magazine deal is still going.

https://steyr-arms.us/product/steyr-a2-mf-pistol-magazine/

The Aim Surplus $9.99 Beretta APX A1 17rd magazine deal had me thinking about a cheap APX A1
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:15:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#40]
True, kinda surprised any of the sales have continued so long. Although I know the industry is hurting. It’s funny you mention a beretta, I have been so close to picking up the same gun half a dozen times. Actually was heading to a shop to grab one and a S&W 19-4 from a recent collection purchase by the shop before the beretta was sold. Still got the S&W. I don’t mind beretta either, I like the px4 and the 92, but the APX is still not in my collection.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Considering nabbing one of these at the Bereli price. Really like the design of it, and can't complain with the price. Has anybody seen any long term reliability issues from these?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:15:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#42]
I stopped cleaning my A1 to see what would happen since my A2 are defense guns. It’s still going. It’s had one issue and that was right after taking it apart since I didn’t insert the chassis correctly. When they come in I do use my general oil and grease procedure but I haven’t had any issues with them. After I coated my C9A2 in cerakote I felt some resistance when it came back and used a lapping compound. No problems. All that said I’ve spent a fair amount of time altering them from basic polishing to coating in NP3+. I’m not sure how many rounds I have through them but if I go shooting I always take one. The A2 I clean regularly and the A1 did have a polish job before coating in NP3+, but I have stopped cleaning it. The biggest issues was with the extractor from the A1 ejecting brass into the rim of you hat, however that was redesigned with the A2
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WriterClarke] [#43]
Alright, I went with the M9-A2. Was considering the CZ P-01 or the P-07 but I couldn't get hands on with either of them in my town so I just went with the Steyr as it would give me more funds to throw around
Also bought some mags from Steyr while the sale is on.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#44]
A user on the Steyr Club forum did something I was thinking about with mine, which was to do an MOS cut and use the Holosun SCS to make a very low profile option.

That and I need to figure out how a Holosun P.ID fits on the gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:40:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
A user on the Steyr Club forum did something I was thinking about with mine, which was to do an MOS cut and use the Holosun SCS to make a very low profile option.
https://i.imgur.com/ET0g1pM.jpg
That and I need to figure out how a Holosun P.ID fits on the gun.
View Quote

He also makes pretty awesome muzzle brakes with his own threaded barrels. That guy takes things to a new level
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone hear any Shot Show rumors out of Steyr?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone hear any Shot Show rumors out of Steyr?
View Quote

Nothing yet, plus these shows are never a good indication for Steyr. They show something off at a trade show, then it takes Steyr a few years before it even touches the US market, if it ever does.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#48]
There has been speculation we will see the 300 black out barrel, L9A2 manual safety, and their new 308. Will any actually make it, who knows. Steyr has a bad reputation of presenting firearms or concepts that fail to materialize. We may also get a look at their new rail system for the Aug, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stonia] [#49]
Bereli has the C9A2 for $299 right now, as of this post.

$315 shipped to my zip.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Bereli has the C9A2 for $299 right now, as of this post.

$315 shipped to my zip.
View Quote

Crazy deal. Some buyers from the recent past aren’t going to be happy they overpaid.
Page / 7
Steyr L9-A2 (Page 6 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top