Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Is my Gen 1 recoil spring assembly broken?

Yesterday I noticed something about forward tip of the recoil spring assembly: there is a sort of clip that appears to hold the spring in place. It looks like a capital letter 'C'....actually a half-round which looks odd.

Is this normal? or is that clip been broken in half? The pistol does work no issues.

(currently have no way of taking a decent photo)

View Quote

It's broke. Mine is a full circle. Gen 1

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 11:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#2]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

It's broke. Mine is a full circle. Gen 1

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/arex_spring_jpg-2594157.JPG
View Quote

Crap. :(

Where am I going to find a replacement? Some time ago I looked on Global's website for a backup they didn't list it.

*UPDATE*

AREX's Official web store (OEM parts for the Gen 1) has them. c

The retainer clips (referred to as a "retainer cup") are similar to the cups that hold a Glock striker spring onto the striker. It didn't break one half simply fell off.

That little part costs...are you ready? SIXTEEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS plus shipping from Slovenia. Holy shit.

GOOD NEWS! Global Ordnance has them they are...are you ready? SIXY-EIGHT CENTS EACH!

https://globalordnance.com/arex-delta-recoil-spring-guide-retainer-cup/

Attachment Attached File

@Ohio

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Crap. :(

Where am I going to find a replacement? Some time ago I looked on Global's website for a backup they didn't list it.

*UPDATE*

AREX's Official web store (OEM parts for the Gen 1) has them. c

The retainer clips (referred to as a "retainer cup") are similar to the cups that hold a Glock striker spring onto the striker. It didn't break one half simply fell off.

That little part costs...are you ready? SIXTEEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS plus shipping from Slovenia. Holy shit.

GOOD NEWS! Global Ordnance has them they are...are you ready? SIXY-EIGHT CENTS EACH!

https://globalordnance.com/arex-delta-recoil-spring-guide-retainer-cup/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/189022/Screenshot_2022-11-10_4_26_29_AM_png-2594577.JPG

@Ohio

View Quote

And $19.99 shipping...

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 12:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#4]

And $19.99 shipping...

View Quote

I'd call and ask them to send you one since maybe they will consider it warranty coverage.  The fact they now stock them seems to indicate it might be a known weak point/problem.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#5]
And $19.99 shipping...
View Quote

I have prepared to order from GO several times and then their ridiculous shipping rate keeps me from doing so.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#6]
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:

I have prepared to order from GO several times and then their ridiculous shipping rate keeps me from doing so.
View Quote

I just went and added some of their clearance stuff to my cart along with a bunch of Arex parts. Flat rate of $12.99.

My CC's shopper service found a "DRFT" free shipping code for my sized order.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BGENE:
Have not seen this variation;

This is the alloy frame model, not the poly.

High profile steel three white dot sights - ROR (Rex Optics Ready) - 4 plates for optics attachment - Threaded barrel - (2) Magazines - Aluminum frame steel slide - ODG Frame Black Slide - 9mm 20rd 4.9

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/rex226ish_PNG-2453547.JPG

$483

I would order one, but commie State mag ban just started
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

High profile steel three white dot sights - ROR (Rex Optics Ready) - 4 plates for optics attachment - Threaded barrel - (2) Magazines - Aluminum frame steel slide - ODG Frame Black Slide - 9mm 20rd 4.9

$483

$483

Are these guys gtg?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

My order came in today. You get both halves shown in the schematic for 68¢. These two plastic halves can go over the end of the guide rod when the spring is pulled back. When you slowly let the spring go forward with the plastic halves properly aligned, the spring goes over the collars on the plastic halves holding them in place. It would seem it would be better if these were metal since the plastic ones - based on your experience - appear to be a failure point.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got an email, AREX is back shipping to the USA.

www.arex-store.si

There is option shipping your packages with DHL Express which is fast and more secure with tracking feature or via Slovenian Post which can take longer and has no tracking feature.

I imagine Global Ord sells most of this but there may be some items they do not carry so posting up.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
While waiting for the replacement cups/clips to arrive i disassembled the recoil spring assembly to see if the remaining cup/clip was made of polymer or metal.

It's POLYMER.

Link Posted: 11/25/2022 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#11]
The Gen1 Delta fits the Galco Matrix MX7 holster very well. Just slightly loose but the retention portion (the trigger guard) is spot-on.

The Matrix is/was a cheapo molded thermoplastic belt slide holster. The MX7 model fits Glock double stack 9/40/357.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:21:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#12]
Not my type. Not my holster either.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/FS-RH-IWB-Alien-Gear-holster-for-Arex-Delta-Gen-2/161-2301259/
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Another holster specifically for Arex Delta.  
I have no experience with this one.

https://d2tactical.square.site/product/hydra-iwb-owb/8?cs=true&cst=custom
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Received 2 pairs of replacement retention clips from @Blackmore (again, thank you!) and the guide rod assembly was back in order in less than a minute.

I will be watching this repaired guide rod assembly very carefully in the coming months.

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Another holster specifically for Arex Delta.  
I have no experience with this one.

https://d2tactical.square.site/product/hydra-iwb-owb/8?cs=true&cst=custom
View Quote

D2 Tactical also makes a "sidecar" holster for the Delta models M and X. $80. Sweet!

https://d2tactical.square.site/product/apollo-aiwb-holster/2?cs=true&cst=custom
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Primary arms has Deltas at a pretty good price….

Maybe after Christmas I will keep myself from buying a X or a tactical….

https://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=Arex%20delta
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Just want to let everyone know if you purchased a tactical model and it didn't come with both the reg RSA, and a Suppressor RSA you can give them a call and they'll get one out to you ASAP. That's what they did for me and thought I shear, and say how appreciative I am for their great customer service.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 11:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#18]
Took the Gen 1 out for a long overdue range session.

9mm
Bayou Bullets 124 gr RN (polymer coated, inset nose)
4.3gr Hodgdon Universal
CCI 500 SPP
OAL: 1.30"

Verdict:
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackmore] [#20]
Global Ordnance has all Arex pistols for $150 off this weekend only. Discount shown when you add one to the cart.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 9:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Blackmore:
Global Ordnance has all Arex pistols for $150 off this weekend only. Discount shown when you add one to the cart.
View Quote

If I didn't already have 3...
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

If I didn't want a Sako S20...
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dcs12345] [#23]

View Quote

I really should be another one of these some time. I’m the X version

I really like my Gen 2 M, it feels damn good in the hand and shoots well enough for me.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

I really should be another one of these some time. I’m the X version

I really like my Gen 2 M, it feels damn good in the hand and shoots well enough for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/337FD2DB-B537-41E0-804E-A0D97B5FBBC0-2786752.jpg
View Quote

I have a Gen 1, Gen 2 X and Gen 2 M.
I use the Gen 1 the most, by far. It's my default carry gun.  I replaced the sights and sanded the grip for comfort.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Blackmore:
View Quote

They're doing it again this weekend!
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#26]
They must have a ton of non-optics ready Delta Ms

$279.99
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#27]
glad they did  just ordered $310w tax+shipidus   nice deal
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I finally shot mine the other day for the first time. Had it since Christmas and was going to become modern w it and a RDS (which I have not mounted). I hate it. The trigger is garbage and fricken hurts. I've got all the cheap 9mms and this one sucks BY FAR the worst. The trigger safety bites your finger. The gun sucks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
I finally shot mine the other day for the first time. Had it since Christmas and was going to become modern w it and a RDS (which I have not mounted). I hate it. The trigger is garbage and fricken hurts. I've got all the cheap 9mms and this one sucks BY FAR the worst. The trigger safety bites your finger. The gun sucks.
View Quote

Once the trigger breaks in, it smooths out. It is my favorite SD trigger for a pistol. Silky smooth take up, hard wall, short and pronounced reset. It is perfect
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Advance:

Once the trigger breaks in, it smooths out. It is my favorite SD trigger for a pistol. Silky smooth take up, hard wall, short and pronounced reset. It is perfect
View Quote

I have three and the above is my experience as well, however that was not the case when I first got them. First one was ok, a M which got better after putting a 100rds through it, second one was the worst, that was the Tac model and that trigger felt like 10 lbs, lol... The third was a L model and it would not reset while dryfiring 90% of the time.

All three have since been broken in and are as smooth as silk, and I should mention although the L wouldn't reset during dryfire, it never skipped a beat when throwing lead down range. Just give it sometime and a little dryfire love along with a little range time and chances are it will get much better in a short period of time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Dee_NY:

I have three and the above is my experience as well, however that was not the case when I first got them. First one was ok, a M which got better after putting a 100rds through it, second one was the worst, that was the Tac model and that trigger felt like 10 lbs, lol... The third was a L model and it would not reset while dryfiring 90% of the time.

All three have since been broken in and are as smooth as silk, and I should mention although the L wouldn't reset during dryfire, it never skipped a beat when throwing lead down range. Just give it sometime and a little dryfire love along with a little range time and chances are it will get much better in a short period of time.
View All Quotes

Fine. I will take it out a few more times and put some rounds through it. Still skeptical.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Fine. I will take it out a few more times and put some rounds through it. Still skeptical.
View Quote

Just shoot it some more and dry fire it.  When you look at the dark coating on the frame rails that appears to be the same coating on all the FCU parts.  Once the dark wears down to shiny silver the trigger gets much better.  I've got a Gen 1 and Gen 2 that shoot great.  Also Glock 19 gen 123 recoil springs work in the Delta.  Glock and CZP10C striker springs fit but reset gets weird if you go to light.  David
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

I shot mine for the first time today. The first 40-50 rounds sucked and had me regretting my purchase. Trigger hurt my finger, recoil was snappy, and I had to tap the slide to get it to fully reseat after several shots.
Decided to stick with it and, no joke, after about the 150 round mark, it was a whole different pistol.
Trigger smoothed out, recoil decreased, and it ran like butter.
Absolutely love the gun now.
I would tell anyone that buys one of these that it's extremely important to run at least 200 rounds through it to break it in and let it "come together".
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
I shot mine for the first time today. The first 40-50 rounds sucked and had me regretting my purchase. Trigger hurt my finger, recoil was snappy, and I had to tap the slide to get it to fully reseat after several shots.
Decided to stick with it and, no joke, after about the 150 round mark, it was a whole different pistol.
I would tell anyone that buys one of these that it's extremely important to run at least 200 rounds through it to break it in and let it "come together".
View Quote

This.

Rack it and dry fire 1000 times, put a few hundred down the pipe and it becomes a phenomenal pistol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

You don't have to use ammo; you can just spend a few hours doing dry fire practice and running the slide at full power.

Stoning the striker release surface with a fine stone does magic as well.  Just don't change the angle, only polish what's there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Another thing you can do is lubricate the striker safety assembly*. After doing this the grittiness felt in the trigger uptake was dramatically reduced and along with shooting several hundred rounds through it produced a very nice crisp trigger pull.

I realize that part cannot be readily removed (sucks) but if you drop oil where it fits into the slide that'll take care of what I described.

Link Posted: 10/24/2023 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Another thing you can do is lubricate the striker safety assembly*. After doing this the grittiness felt in the trigger uptake was dramatically reduced and along with shooting several hundred rounds through it produced a very nice crisp trigger pull.

I realize that part cannot be readily removed (sucks) but if you drop oil where it fits into the slide that'll take care of what I described.

View Quote
@ThePontificator
Can you provide a pic of where you are referencing?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Can you provide a pic of where you are referencing?
Thanks
View Quote

No pics but it's easy enough to describe:

Remove the slide from the frame and turn the slide upside down. The striker safety (also known as a firing pin block) is that piece just behind the extractor claw. You can push it in and out with the tip of a pen but it's 'trapped' by the extractor arm. You drop a couple of drops of oil around the edge as you push it in and out to let the lubrication seep in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#39]

No pics but it's easy enough to describe:

Remove the slide from the frame and turn the slide upside down. The striker safety (also known as a firing pin block) is that piece just behind the extractor claw. You can push it in and out with the tip of a pen but it's 'trapped' by the extractor arm. You drop a couple of drops of oil around the edge as you push it in and out to let the lubrication seep in.
View Quote
Perfect, thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 5:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#40]
Has anyone seen the new Rost-Martin pistol made in Dallas, TX? Kind of a Delta clone, almost.

It was made in partnership with Arex, but made here. Arex is supplying some parts. I have Gen 1 and 2 Deltas, thought I would check this one out.  Ordered from Dahlonega Armory, $355 plus tax and shipping. Took four days to get to west-central Ohio.

I just got home with the Rost-Martin. Nice gun.
Trigger is better than a new Arex; but the Delta breaks in/polishes in to match the RM. Slight advantage RM. It has the trigger that Deltas SHOULD ship with.

The grip is slightly fatter than the Delta; just barely. Probably because it is more rounded; same corners but fill in the curves and you are there. It's definitely smoother. Advantage Delta. Unless you like a rounder, smoother grip, then advantage RM.

Slides are directly interchangeable with a Gen2 Delta; sight cuts look the same.  Serrations on the RM are grippier, and the top is grooved for glare. Advantage RM

Mag catch is slightly large, more round, and protrudes slightly. Easier to depress, but still shouldn't let go unintentionally.  Slightly longer reach to hit it well, due to the grip and shape of the release. Calling this one even.

Machining and fit are excellent, same as the Delta.
Slide release is a little bigger than the Delta.

Holster fit is pretty much the same; there seems to be a tiny bit more drag with the RM, but not significantly.

The Delta has the lever loaded chamber indicator, while the RM has a hole at the rear of the chamber to see the loaded round. Personal preference issue; butt he Delta works in the dark or without taking eyes off of the threat. Cocking indicators are the same.

The Rost-Martin uses their mags, which are cheap on their website. They also use CZ P10C mags. They will not accept Arex mags due to the shape of the baseplate. That could be remedied with a grinder if you like. The Arex Delta will work with all 3 types.

Nice gun. Definitely worth the price.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Very cool. They are just a few miles from me. I should ask for a tour.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I’ve been thinking about looking for a sidecar type of holster for my Gen 2.

Does anyone have a tier 1 or trex arms sidecar type or other maker for a Glock 19 (either with a tlr-7 or without a light) that fits the Arex Delta 2 (assuming there isn’t a decent maker that makes one specifically for a delta 2)?

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#43]
The front sight on my Delta M is impossible to remove with a pusher tool or hammer and steel punch!

😢
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:
The front sight on my Delta M is impossible to remove with a pusher tool or hammer and steel punch!

😢
View Quote

I broke my OEM sight getting it out. You need to clamp the slide down tight and really go to town.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:53:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#45]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

😢
View Quote

Before you go Sledgehammer Mechanic...

I recommend you purchase this hard nylon slide "cradle" from Squirrel Daddy. At this time I don't see it on their website and I am going to ask them if they still make them. I'm sure they do. This thing seriously locks the slide into the vise without damaging it and you slide will not move.

ETA: item is no longer available

If when using a brass/steel punch and your hammer isn't doing it you need a hammer with more weight/mass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone seen the new Rost-Martin pistol made in Dallas, TX? Kind of a Delta clone, almost.

It was made in partnership with Arex, but made here. Arex is supplying some parts. I have Gen 1 and 2 Deltas, thought I would check this one out.  Ordered from Dahlonega Armory, $355 plus tax and shipping. Took four days to get to west-central Ohio.

Trigger is better than a new Arex; but the Delta breaks in/polishes in to match the RM. Slight advantage RM. It has the trigger that Deltas SHOULD ship with.

The grip is slightly fatter than the Delta; just barely. Probably because it is more rounded; same corners but fill in the curves and you are there. It's definitely smoother. Advantage Delta. Unless you like a rounder, smoother grip, then advantage RM.

Slides are directly interchangeable with a Gen2 Delta; sight cuts look the same.  Serrations on the RM are grippier, and the top is grooved for glare. Advantage RM

Mag catch is slightly large, more round, and protrudes slightly. Easier to depress, but still shouldn't let go unintentionally.  Slightly longer reach to hit it well, due to the grip and shape of the release. Calling this one even.

Holster fit is pretty much the same; there seems to be a tiny bit more drag with the RM, but not significantly.

The Delta has the lever loaded chamber indicator, while the RM has a hole at the rear of the chamber to see the loaded round. Personal preference issue; butt he Delta works in the dark or without taking eyes off of the threat. Cocking indicators are the same.

The Rost-Martin uses their mags, which are cheap on their website. They also use CZ P10C mags. They will not accept Arex mags due to the shape of the baseplate. That could be remedied with a grinder if you like. The Arex Delta will work with all 3 types.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35784/delta_rm_png-3107234.JPG
View Quote

I just recently became aware of the RM and thought it looked interesting. I prefer the hole style loaded chamber indicator but I’m not to keen on a larger grip. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Fondled an RM1C this morning at LGS but I wouldn't pay their asking price which is $450.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Fondled an RM1C this morning at LGS but I wouldn't pay their asking price which is $450.
View Quote

I doubt I would either.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Another holster maker for the Delta series: Slim Fit Holsters their stuff looks pretty damn good

https://slimfitholsters.com
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

There is a new one in EE for $300 shipped from Texas

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top