BCM
User Panel

kel tec p32 for carry (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thedreamer123:
Wow this thread is still going. But it runs flawlessly haven't had a single malfunction on it.
View Quote

Approximately how many rounds through the p32?  I'm curious since I'm considering a p32 for an ultralight BUG to supplement my G19.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just an fyi - one of the preferred fmj's for a 32 is now available, after a long absence. Geco ( RWS ) is back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Approximately how many rounds through the p32?  I'm curious since I'm considering a p32 for an ultralight BUG to supplement my G19.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Wow this thread is still going. But it runs flawlessly haven't had a single malfunction on it.

I don't shoot it often. But if i had to guess I would say around 300-400 rounds. Mostly American Eagle. Never had a malfunction yet. I know someone who put around a thousand rounds through theirs with  no malfunctions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't shoot it often. But if i had to guess I would say around 300-400 rounds. Mostly American Eagle. Never had a malfunction yet. I know someone who put around a thousand rounds through theirs with  no malfunctions.
View All Quotes

This is my exact use for the P32.  I have just over 300rds through mine.  One malfunction, a squib with Aguila FMJ which stuck the bullet in the barrel with the ogive just proud of the muzzle.  Tapped out easy enough and has not affected the functionality of the gun since.
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyday for 13 years. I bought a gen 1. I've carried larger pistols but once I went to pocket carry I can't imagine IWB again. It's a good weapon because it is always on me. In all that time I've probably only fired ~500 rds w/ 100 of those JHP and Cor-Bon specifically. Maybe 3 malfunctions. Run a "Flyer wire" in one magazine and the other is FMJ only. When the P3AT came out I thought about trading up but the difference is so marginal...

Had Kahr PM-9's and KT PF-9's in my pocket a few times trying them out in gun shops before. Just a little too big.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a P32 for years.  Maybe 3-400 rounds through it.  No problems.   I find that it is very concealable for pocket carry. I almost forget that it is there. You can get an extended magazine that holds 9 rounds.  The extended grip helps at the range.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking for a P32 for my daughter, but they seem to be pretty scarce these days.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 4:49:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedreamer123] [#8]
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
I've been looking for a P32 for my daughter, but they seem to be pretty scarce these days.
View Quote

I sometimes see them when I go into fun shops. But not nearly as often in the past year or two. I'd check on armslist to see if there is anything in your area.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]

I sometimes see them when I go into fun shops. But not nearly as often in the past year or two. I'd check on armslist to see if there is anything in your area.
View All Quotes

I want new, and the only ones I've seen lately were on GB for more than I want to pay for what it is. I'll keep looking, but I did pick up a NIB Taurus TCP for $199.00 today. We'll see if it suites her.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]

I want new, and the only ones I've seen lately were on GB for more than I want to pay for what it is. I'll keep looking, but I did pick up a NIB Taurus TCP for $199.00 today. We'll see if it suites her.
View All Quotes

Nice! Hopefully she likes it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zoom:
Just make sure the first shot is a good one, because they jam often.  I've put over 700 rounds through mine, and I don't think it has made it through an entire magazine without jamming.  Of course for only $150, even I would be tempted to buy a second one to have for parts.z
View Quote

Try cleaning it. Keltecs like being really clean. I have about the same round count through mine with 1 FTE, my fault. I knew instantly as the flabby area between my index finger and thumb contacted the recoiling slide. Ps put that on your "let's not do that" list. I rushed the draw and got too high a grip. Not the first time I've every done it and luckily it was in practice and didn't involve any blood. Over the years a couple of pistols have been altered or gone away because of the same thing. I have really big hands and this isn't the first time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I wear dress pants for work and carry a p32 everyday. It's very concealable and works  

The only issues I have with it over the years is the finish is junk and the mag release is too pronounced.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I know this is an old thread but has anyone run into the problem of the slide rusting? Around the back of the slide (above the trigger and back) is starting to get some surface rust. I have wiped some of the lighter areas off and applied remoil to help prevent it but its still rusting.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MRW:
I called KT about their hard chrome service and they said they no longer will chrome the slide, but they will offer a NiB coating soon for $75 I believe.

PS, I carried my P32 in a pocket holster all day today at Universal Studios Orlando and went on all the roller coasters, multiple times.

Not a problem
View Quote

I carry in a remora that keeps the steel off my sweaty skin, do frequent cleanings, and use a good oil. So far so good.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By williewvr:

I carry in a remora that keeps the steel off my sweaty skin, do frequent cleanings, and use a good oil. So far so good.
View All Quotes
I called KT about their hard chrome service and they said they no longer will chrome the slide, but they will offer a NiB coating soon for $75 I believe.

PS, I carried my P32 in a pocket holster all day today at Universal Studios Orlando and went on all the roller coasters, multiple times.

Not a problem

Yeah I have just been carrying with the belt clip so its been getting a lot of sweat lately. I am hoping to buy a remora at the next gunshow didn't get a chance to go to the last one. I have oiled it using either remoil or hoppes every so often but it doesn't seem to help either way. Might just keep it good as possible till then. Could it be possible/ worth it to put on duracoat if the rust gets worse and they end up not offering the new coating service?
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Couldn't hurt. I'm thinking about doing my PF9 since I have a coyote frame and blue slide.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Couldn't hurt. I'm thinking about doing my PF9 since I have a coyote frame and blue slide.
View Quote

Yeah it would look good in full coyote. I think I am going to do a grey or silver color on mine. Will have to look into it because I know next to nothing about that process lol
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 12:18:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony-Ri] [#21]
Got my P-32 little over a week ago. Took it to the range and put 46 rounds downrange. Had an issue where when the hammer dropped, it went click instead of bang. Ejected the round and no primer strike. After a couple of them, I just pulled the trigger again and it would fire. Odd! Maybe once every other mag. Stopped by the shop I got it from and he lubed it up, which I admittedly forgot to do out of the box. I'm going to try another box this weekend.

All in all, I like it! Recoil is practically nill, and I'm happy with the accuracy so far. Weird when not using the sights is more accurate!

ETA: Pics from last weekend!

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:

Got my P-32 little over a week ago. Took it to the range and put 46 rounds downrange. Had an issue where when the hammer dropped, it went click instead of bang. Ejected the round and no primer strike. After a couple of them, I just pulled the trigger again and it would fire. Odd!
View Quote

Odd indeed, since they cock on recoil.

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I have had 2 over the years, still got my 1st one a gen 1 with parked slide. It goes bang every time and I only run FMJ's through it. Great little gun
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:53:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Make sure you're not short stroking the trigger on the reset.  It takes two clicks to fully reset the trigger.  If you pull the trigger after one click only, it feels weird and you will hear and feel a click, but get nothing. Let the trigger swing all the way forward.
View Quote

Thinking about picking up a P32. Sounds like the trigger on my TCP.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balog] [#26]
Originally Posted By shotar:
For those worried about the .32acp stopping power, again I remind you to carry European ammo.  Fiochi, SB and Geco all clock in about 200 fps faster than the feeble American crap that our lawyers demand. ( the fear is that someone will use it in one of those old top break revolvers chambered for .32 short). For most of the 20th century the .32acp was the standard police round of western Europe.  

It is not equal to a standard service caliber, but I can't imagine many people or situations where a fight would continue after a well placed hit or three.
View Quote

Is the Buffalo Bore +P stuff safe to use in a P32? I know earlier in the thread someone said it was not, but the website specifically lists velocity from a Kel Tek (sic) so... Not sure.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By echo_5:
If you want a small gun, why not the P3AT?
Same size, slightly bigger bullet.
View Quote

Exactly! I always have my P3AT in my front pocket(in a holster)  when I leave home.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hopefully I will be getting my p32 today (NICS has been down).

I already have a desantis nemesis holster for it, so I am anxious to take it to the range to test it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 1776freedom:
Hopefully I will be getting my p32 today (NICS has been down).

I already have a desantis nemesis holster for it, so I am anxious to take it to the range to test it out.
View Quote

Let us know. Take along some nail polish or model paint. The sights are tiny and contrasting color helps.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#31]
I own one.

It works 100% with Winchester Silvertip ammo.

Sights?... It has sights???

That little thing is for contact-distance shooting. No time for aiming.
I suppose you could try to get tricky, and shoot it for "accuracy" at some distance.
I think its well-made enough that the right shooter might make long(er) shots with it.

I never carry it.
I have better guns than that little thing for self-defense and competition.

The only way I would even consider carrying it is if there were circumstances that dictated carrying the absolutely smallest gun possible.
I never find myself in that situation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
I own one.

It works 100% with Winchester Silvertip ammo.

Sights?... It has sights???

That little thing is for contact-distance shooting. No time for aiming.
I suppose you could try to get tricky, and shoot it for "accuracy" at some distance.
I think its well-made enough that the right shooter might make long(er) shots with it.

I never carry it.
I have better guns than that little thing for self-defense and competition.

The only way I would even consider carrying it is if there were circumstances that dictated carrying the absolutely smallest gun possible.
I never find myself in that situation.
View Quote
come to south Texas for a while, we have a lot more Tshirt and shorts days every year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I actually ended up selling the one I had (I know I know used the money to buy some AR parts though) was a great gun for deep concealed carry. And surprisingly enough I had decent enough accuracy with the gun, at least in my opinion, Could easily get a decent group around 10 feet which to me seemed pretty good for such a short barreled gun. Never really measured it out just based on rough estimates though. One of my shooting friends called it "The Belly Gun" because it has to be right against the belly in order to be anywhere near accurate
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I can easily do rapid center of mass shots at 25 feet, what I consider room distances, and if I take a moment I can do head shots too.
View Quote

Nice! I am not super accurate with handguns, need to work on that, I am better with rifles and shotguns. Would be even better if ammo prices would come down! Lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:15:25 PM EDT
[#38]
What's the difference between yours and first generation?  I own two of the Gen 1's and am supremely satisfied.
View Quote

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/1st-vs-2nd-generation-p3at-197491/
http://www.keltecforum.com/forum/p-32/6291-p-32-parts-update-guide.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#40]

thanks, but I meant the differences in shooting them.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:
What's the difference between yours and first generation?  I own two of the Gen 1's and am supremely satisfied.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/1st-vs-2nd-generation-p3at-197491/
http://www.keltecforum.com/forum/p-32/6291-p-32-parts-update-guide.html

thanks, but I meant the differences in shooting them.

I can't help you there, but I am curious too!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I am seriously considering picking one of these up.  I wear elastic waisted gym shorts a lot and even my XDS is too heavy.  I am probably going to go ahead and get some extra mags on the way in the next little bit.  Out of curiosity, does the gun come with one mag or two?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony-Ri] [#43]
Originally Posted By 1911man6910:
I am seriously considering picking one of these up.  I wear elastic waisted gym shorts a lot and even my XDS is too heavy.  I am probably going to go ahead and get some extra mags on the way in the next little bit.  Out of curiosity, does the gun come with one mag or two?
View Quote

Just one. Mags aren't that expensive, though: $18 for flush and $22 for the factory extended from Buds. About the same at CTD.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_924/products_id/15204
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I have shot many Buffalo Bore +P in my P32 without problems. It's my standard carry ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:54:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HellioN] [#46]

Also have an OWB Bianchi for the LCP that fits the P32 pretty well.
Carry in the pocket holster 90% of the time.
It's almost time to buy a new one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Only problem I've had, was rim-lock. Called Keltec - they sent new mags - end of problems.
I've owned a LCP and P3at and currently a G42.
P32 has less recoil than the P3AT.
I shoot it better and more accurately.
It has 1 more round in the mag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I had a P32 for a number of years and carried it pretty much everywhere. I lost a bit of faith in it after I shot it over my Chrony, even with CorBon, but it still went "bang!" every time I pulled the trigger. I traded it to a coworker who wanted it badly to be his backup to a Glock 22 (same manual of arms). In return I got a nickel-plated S&W Model 37 Airweight Chiefs Special!

My daughter has a P11 that works wonderfully well with standard pressure Winchester Silvertips. It just wouldn't feed 147 grain Federal HydraShoks. They nosedived into the feed ramp every time.

Now, I want a PMR-30!
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 1:40:03 AM EDT
[#49]
I've carried a P32 and would have no problems doing so again.
It has been buried in the safe for a few years since I've had the kahr P380 but I still trust it and will not be getting rid of it.
I only use fmj's in pocket guns. Poking holes is the name of the game my friend. I damn sure wouldn't want to get shot by it.
It's not the ideal gun for a gunfight but it's a great better than nothing gun.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By boerseun:
Only problem I've had, was rim-lock. Called Keltec - they sent new mags - end of problems.
I've owned a LCP and P3at and currently a G42.
P32 has less recoil than the P3AT.
I shoot it better and more accurately.
It has 1 more round in the mag.
View Quote

P32 also has a Last Round Hold Open, while the P3AT does not. That was my main reason to go with the 32 as well.
Page / 3
kel tec p32 for carry (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top