User Panel

Site Notices
CP33 (Page 2 of 8)
Page / 8
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:
Can one of you post a picture with the brace collapsed and no can?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By seattlite:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gMntEkBwQbQ5LezQctu4axQBid2YOYODaBEYfb0fEvWuppkbuEIBhxE5ExsppiNt8QQbDZJU2gP9Yzkbr_Pf-7_gATHb9F97hvmCBRb_AN5M4zarqaJqb3ESwx0rDmh3zrr3j_8cycA=w1442-h1082-no
Very nice...thank you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the charging handle still easy to use with the brace extended/collapsed?

Could anything be added (in your opinion) to make it able to charge from the left side?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the charging handle still easy to use with the brace extended/collapsed?

Could anything be added (in your opinion) to make it able to charge from the left side?
View Quote
There is no charging from the right side or left side only...you have to grab both sides to pull.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It is easy to charge with the brace on the gun?
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Yes.  Turn gun 90 degrees to the left, grab both sides of the charging handle, pull and release.  Couldn't be simpler.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By quietm4:
Yes.  Turn gun 90 degrees to the left, grab both sides of the charging handle, pull and release.  Couldn't be simpler.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 4:03:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#8]
Snagged one....paid too much, but got an email notification and it was ordered within minutes.

I won't feel safe until I see the shipping email😀
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Received shipping notice on the CP33.

Brace adaptor, brace and 3 extra mags on order.

I am excited.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
any decent deals on these yet?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 9:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#11]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:
View Quote
They are near impossible to find anywhere, so I assume no deals until they at least spend more then a few minutes in stock.

Best price I found was Buds at $400 and some change. But have yet to see one in stock there.

I was set to receive email notifications when in stock on 4 websites. Grab a Gun was first to get one. Paid too much, but I go pick it up tomorrow morning from my FFL. $539 plus shipping, tax, transfer fee. But I am OK with that.

I did see one on a gun store shelf for $499, but I was out of state. Would have bought it otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Got mine at a Sportsman's Warehouse for $459.99.   I know those shops aren't in Texas, but you can buy it on their website and they will ship it to any FFL.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks yall, I will keep waiting. I have a buddy about to pull the trigger and I think if I can find one for 459.00 he will buy it. I wouldn't mind shooting his before buying one myself.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, that was apparently cheap enough. He ordered one.

Now does anyone know where to get the 50 round extensions? I swear I am usually better at finding stuff than this...
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, that was apparently cheap enough. He ordered one.

Now does anyone know where to get the 50 round extensions? I swear I am usually better at finding stuff than this...
View Quote
The extensions aren't on the market yet.  They were still in the prototype stage at SHOT early this year, and the few videos showing them are also prototypes.  Maybe someone will beat Kel-Tec to market with their own version.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Picked mine up today. Did a quick test fire with Blazers. I loaded the mags to 32rds, since with 33 it seemed to have a hard time closing the action. I am fine with 32;)

Ran all 64 rounds perfect.

My slide stop seems useless as I cannot get it to drop the slide or even move once it is locked back. It works for LRBHO, so I am fine sling shoting with the charging handle.

The mag loader I bought didn't work real well. Maybe I am doing something wrong. The good thing is that the mags are pretty easy to load by hand.

My 3 extra mags came later today, so I am set with 5 mags.

The only thing that hasn't shipped yet it the brace adaptor and brace. Hope that ships soon, want to get it all set up.

Pleased so far. Glad it runs with Blazers, those are ny new go to. They do smoke alot.

Will try others as well, that is part of the fun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I put about 200 rounds through mine, all ran perfectly.

What loader did you get?  I received the American Speedloader today, and I loaded both my mags in about 60 seconds perfectly, no rim locks.

I've got the Farrow Tech brace on order also, but the shipping speed is lacking.  Got the tracking number 3 days ago, but it still hasn't been delivered to USPS.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the same loader. I get 6 or ao round in amd it won't push down amymore. I pull out the mag an a few rounds are hanging out randomly...then it is difficult ro remove them. I will keep trying.

The piece inside that pushed the bullet was a bit jacked up feom the beginning, like it was a bad 3D print but went out anyway...that is mt thought anyway.

It will be retuned.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, I am working with it and it seems to be getting better.

Now it seems to load, but the inside mag sleeve seems to stick in the "pushed down" position and I have to pull it and wiggle it to pop it back up....but, it is working much better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes those 3D printed parts can have rough edges...it may need to be worked in a bit to smooth things up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Short range trip today. So far 224 perfectly fired rounds without a hitch.

Using 5 different mags and the following ammo:

Federal bulk
Aguila standard velocity non plated tip
Federal Automatch
CCI Blazers

I haven't found anything it doesn't like. I will tey some Remington golden, that should screw it up;)

Very fun gun. Farrow says my brace should ship Tuesday. I assume I will not have it for my next Saturday shooting trip:(

If I come up with enough money, I would love to have 10 mags total.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 11:14:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been running Fed Auto Match with zero issues, but it's good to know that it likes a variety of ammo.

Least expensive mags I've seen were $47 at Prepper Gun Shop, but nothing under that...not a cheap magazine, but if it works I have no complaints.  I do love the speed loader.

My FarrowTech brace adapter arrives tomorrow...my Tailhook arrived yesterday.  I'm really looking forward to putting it all together.  Now, I just have to find a case/bag to carry it in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Got it all put together!  I think I may need a higher riser mount for the red dot...I can make it work, but it will be more comfortable with the red dot a little higher.

Link Posted: 10/5/2019 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks nice.

I wonder if I will need to raise my Holosun. It seems about right,  but I don't have my brace yet. We shal see.
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By seattlite:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gMntEkBwQbQ5LezQctu4axQBid2YOYODaBEYfb0fEvWuppkbuEIBhxE5ExsppiNt8QQbDZJU2gP9Yzkbr_Pf-7_gATHb9F97hvmCBRb_AN5M4zarqaJqb3ESwx0rDmh3zrr3j_8cycA=w1442-h1082-no
How long is that...as pictured?
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#26]

How long is that...as pictured?
View Quote
13".
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a cp33 tonight.  Went by my local dealer to pick up a transfer and just happened to ask if he has had any cp33s come in.  He said one should be coming by ups in a few minutes.  Paid $479 out the door.  All ready had my tailhook adaptor and a holosun 407c waiting.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks good.  How's the height of your red dot?  Still deciding if I need to raise mine up a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks good.  How's the height of your red dot?  Still deciding if I need to raise mine up a little bit.
View Quote
For me it is the perfect height because I shoot left handed and the brace arm is lower on the right side.  If you are shooting from the right side I can see where the dot is just a little low and almost needs a small riser.  Not sure if I would do a full ar15 cowitness height riser though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Seb1:

For me it is the perfect height because I shoot left handed and the brace arm is lower on the right side.  If you are shooting from the right side I can see where the dot is just a little low and almost needs a small riser.  Not sure if I would do a full ar15 cowitness height riser though.
View Quote
I think a co-witness height mount would be too much...I ordered the American Defense Mfg picatinny mount...it is about .20" higher than the Burris mount I have the Venom on now.  Currently, the dot sits in the upper 1/3 of the window, so a little more height would make it sit lower.

I'm pretty sure it will work.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, a shipping label was created for my Farrow brace. C'mon already.....must complete CP33!

One step closer😁
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#32]
So how is the accuracy of these things? Anyone group it at 50 yards?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know when the 50 round mags will be available?  I hate having leftovers with the 33 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
So how is the accuracy of these things? Anyone group it at 50 yards?
View Quote
Center target is at 50 yards (full mag dump, 33 rounds),  smaller targets are sighting in at 25 yards (10 rounds each).  Vortex Venom 2MOA dot, shot from sand bag rest.

Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:02:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#35]
Received my brace today.

I found it ran into the weak side safery lever (right side) when collapsed. It would slightly bend the arm out a little. I removed that side safety lever and all is good. Hopefully you don't need that on for it to stay in the gun...doesn't seem like it.

I have the Holoson on the standard factory mount and it is a bit low, but I can make it work with more of a cheek bone weld. Will see how live fire goes, may need a riser or new mount.

The brace adaptor is nicely done, I have to remember this setup is just for fun, because I doubt it would stand up to any hard use at all, but that is fine. I have other guns for that.

Hope to shoot it a bunch on Wednesday.

I am pleased so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#36]
anybody file down their bolt catch?  It's angled so it practically locks to the bolt, making the release unusable.  Looking at it, don't see why you can't file it to make it closer to 90 deg.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#37]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:
anybody file down their bolt catch?  It's angled so it practically locks to the bolt, making the release unusable.  Looking at it, don't see why you can't file it to make it closer to 90 deg.
View Quote
Glad it isn't just me. I can't get mine to drop the bolt for the life of me. I just sling shot it when locked back. Would like to be able to use it like a normal handgun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
It's a bolt STOP, not a bolt RELEASE.  It isn't designed to be used to release the bolt...you're supposed to pull back the charging handle to allow the bolt full travel and power to load the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#39]
It's a bolt STOP, not a bolt RELEASE.  It isn't designed to be used to release the bolt...you're supposed to pull back the charging handle to allow the bolt full travel and power to load the pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That would explain why mine doesn't work as a slide release.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 7:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trash_Panda] [#40]

View Quote
Please stop parroting this idiocy.  We already had to deal with this ignorance for years with Glocks.  Just like with Glock, if you actually read the manual, it states this is a slide release and when reloading, you can press down on the release or slingshot it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 9:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcw107] [#41]
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#42]

Please stop parroting this idiocy.  We already had to deal with this ignorance for years with Glocks.  Just like with Glock, if you actually read the manual, it states this is a slide release and when reloading, you can press down on the release or slingshot it.
View Quote
FROM THE MANUAL: (page 11)
2. To chamber, hold the firearm in your shooting hand with the safety lever on SAFE (lever up), keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and your finger outside the trigger guard, pointing forward. Grab the operating handle and firmly pull all the way back and release. Releasing the operating handle on its own power will allow the bolt  to properly chamber a round, while s lowly guiding it closed may cause a malfunction.

To be fair, later on page 14;

6. Remove the empty magazine (pg. 11). If you wish to continue firing, insert a loaded magazine, and slap the butt of the magazine to ensure it is fully seated. Then push down the slide release or pull back and release the operating handle to chamber another round.

If your slide stop doesn't work like a slide release...then use the charging handle.  It's not difficult, in fact, it's much easier.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Shot about another 200 rounds through it today. Fun stuff.

The included mount for the Holosun is high enough for me. Since there is basically no recoil, you can hold it in real tight with you face planted into the arms of the brace with no discomfort when shooting.

Sems it likes many different ammos, you just need to make sure you load the mags right.

The brace is bendy, but it is fine. I may make some little end plugs, as the way it comes looks unfinished to me. I may also make them with a "head" on, because the first time I extended the brace at the range, I pulled it off the gun.

Trigger is great, it was easy to sight it, etc..

I returned my first mag loader because it did not work well at all. I hope/assume I got a lemon..and I just ordered another one.

Since it seems to like all ammo, I may base it's diet on whatever ammo seems to load the best with the new loader.

From shooting it and 3 other rimfires today, I have narrowed my cheap ammo choices down to 4 now:

Federal Automatch, CCI blazer 38 grain bulk, Armscor HPs and Federal Black Pack.

I have 4 rimfires to clean now. Must have shot almost 1500 rounds total today

The only other gun I brought to shoot was my .50 Beowulf SBR.....I made the mistake of shooting that last....haha. Felt like shooting a cannon compared to the .22s.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I retutned my original mag loader and ordered a new one. Got it today. Loaded 5 different mags with 5 different ammos and it worked perfect.

I obviously did have a lemon the first time. Game changer😁.

I have at least 800+ rounds through it now with only 1 failure to feed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#45]
American Speedloader has a vid of their loader:

Keltec CP33 speedloader from American speedloaders
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:24:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#46]
That is the one I have.

First one was a piece of $hit.....the replacement works like a dream.

Due to that loader, I may not buy anymore mags. The 5 I have may be good. With the loader, I can reload mags quickly and easily at the range.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#47]

FROM THE MANUAL: (page 11)
2. To chamber, hold the firearm in your shooting hand with the safety lever on SAFE (lever up), keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and your finger outside the trigger guard, pointing forward. Grab the operating handle and firmly pull all the way back and release. Releasing the operating handle on its own power will allow the bolt  to properly chamber a round, while s lowly guiding it closed may cause a malfunction.

To be fair, later on page 14;

6. Remove the empty magazine (pg. 11). If you wish to continue firing, insert a loaded magazine, and slap the butt of the magazine to ensure it is fully seated. Then push down the slide release or pull back and release the operating handle to chamber another round.

If your slide stop doesn't work like a slide release...then use the charging handle.  It's not difficult, in fact, it's much easier.
View Quote
p11:  Yes, the slide release will not chamber a round when the bolt is closed

p14:  If you prefer the handle, good for you.  Most people prefer the speed and ease of a slide release.  That's why they are found on almost all modern handguns.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I think this fills the gap for the MP7 for me. I also like that it is very light weight, and easy for everyone around me to shoot, and enjoy. Why HK never made a MP7 in 22LR says they just have so much money, Its Crazy! LOL.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spector:
I think this fills the gap for the MP7 for me. I also like that it is very light weight, and easy for everyone around me to shoot, and enjoy. Why HK never made a MP7 in 22LR says they just have so much money, Its Crazy! LOL.
View Quote
GSG should have offered an MP7 clone in 22LR like they did with the MP5 and MP5K.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 4:58:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bravo5two] [#50]
Snagged one today locally, not as cheep as some other places but snooze you lose so I just paid the price, supporting my local shop .  Between the Sig 365XL and this I guess I will be satisfied for a while LOL!!
Page / 8
CP33 (Page 2 of 8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top