Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2011 5:50:27 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this one? Looking into maybe getting one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]

I know I want one too. Buds usually has the best price on them. I want a V3.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Good friend of mine ordered one for $940 in 40 s/w. He was dying for one. Once he gets it he told he will give me a call to go shoot it. You can't go wrong with HK.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife has one....It's her EDC
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the SK in V3 form.

Without question the best carry gun I've ever owned. It's as accurate as my G19, much easier to conceal, built like a friggin' tank.

It can take full sized P30/P2000 mags as well to extend capacity.

It has no downside what so ever. After about 1000 rounds through it, not one issue...ever...as in zero.

It was purchased in place of the Kimber Solo and I'm VERY glad I chose as I did....they aren't even close.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had p2000 before didn't like law enforcement trigger.

I just went thru what to get the p2000 or smaller one. If I could have had both to hold maybe I would have went with smaller one. But I just bought another p2000 without the law enforcement trigger. Just shot it yesterday. Man I love the feel looks and way that gun shoots. I also like sig and glock but I think the hk is a notch above.
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the SK in V3 form.

Without question the best carry gun I've ever owned. It's as accurate as my G19, much easier to conceal, built like a friggin' tank.

It can take full sized P30/P2000 mags as well to extend capacity.

It has no downside what so ever. After about 1000 rounds through it, not one issue...ever...as in zero.

It was purchased in place of the Kimber Solo and I'm VERY glad I chose as I did....they aren't even close.  

+1

My job has a "dont ask, dont tell" policy in regards to CCW. I often work 8-10hr days w the P2000sk v3 9mm in a Comp Tac Infidel holster w belt clip. It is comfortable to carry and a great shooting pistol.

I also purchased a Glock 26 gen 4 at the same time. My original intent was to CCW one and leave one for the wife's night stand gun. The Glock 26 remains unfired, my wife hates it. Me? i love my SK.

Prolly gonna get a Kel-Tec PF9 for the wife.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The P2000 SK is very fine handgun by any measure.  Accurate,  a pleasure to shoot and totally reliable.  

You might appreciate this thread OP.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_29/115303_Hk_2000_SK_versus_regualer_p2000.html

ETA

Here's a picture of my pistiol.  It's one of my favorites.  

]
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one that was SA/DA with decocker. It came from the factory in .357 SIG, but also shipped with a factory .40 S&W barrel. I used to carry it as my off duty/backup gun, but have since traded it off. I fired mine only in .357 SIG, but these were my impressions:

1) Loved the size
2) Capacity was decent
3) Loved (as always) the H&K mag release
4) Location of the decocker took some getting used to but was not a big deal
5) Accuracy (in my hands) was nothing to brag about. Decent, but not what I had expected based upon my other H&K experiences.
6) Worst trigger I have ever had on an H&K handgun. Gritty, long, and heavy. Not what I expected from an H&K product.
7) Boringly reliable. Just like every other H&K I have ever owned, the P2000SK had no issues whatsoever.

In the end, I'd recomend one to somebody who is dead-set on owning an H&K pistol in a sub compact size. Aside from that, I was less than impressed with mine. Hence, the reason it has found a new home.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had one that was SA/DA with decocker. It came from the factory in .357 SIG, but also shipped with a factory .40 S&W barrel. I used to carry it as my off duty/backup gun, but have since traded it off. I fired mine only in .357 SIG, but these were my impressions:

1) Loved the size
2) Capacity was decent
5) Accuracy (in my hands) was nothing to brag about. Decent, but not what I had expected based upon my other H&K experiences.
6) Worst trigger I have ever had on an H&K handgun. Gritty, long, and heavy. Not what I expected from an H&K product.
7) Boringly reliable. Just like every other H&K I have ever owned, the P2000SK had no issues whatsoever.

In the end, I'd recomend one to somebody who is dead-set on owning an H&K pistol in a sub compact size. Aside from that, I was less than impressed with mine. Hence, the reason it has found a new home.

Hell,   I want the most "boringly reliable" handguns  I can find.  Reliability is absolutely key with a quality  SD sidearm.  

So what  did you replace your HK with?  

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Love mine!!

CSF

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I really have to make a run out of town to get my mitts on one of these this weekend.

I just can't get a grip (sorry) on how large they actually are in the hand by looking at pics and vids.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Loved the size
2) Capacity was decent

Hell,   I want the most "boringly reliable" handguns  I can find.  Reliability is absolutely key with a quality  SD sidearm.  

Not trying to say that "boringly reliable" is a bad thing at all. In fact... The P2000SK (as well as every other H&K I've owned) performed flawlessly. My main issue with the P2000SK was just the fact that my H&K's are not the only pistols I've owned that were "boringly reliable". I've had equal results from Sig Sauer, and aside from a handful of issues with a G33 (one of 3 G33's that I have owned)... I've had great reliability from Glock as well.

I traded my P2000SK for a Colt 1911, that has also since found a new home. These days... I tend to carry my issued Sig Sauer P220 Carry more than any other pistol, with a personally owned German P220 working hard to take over the off-duty role in my stable.

My opinions of the P2000SK were not unfavorable. Rather, they were my reflection upon the fact that I expect a handgun that costs as much as that one did, to do something for me that a pistol costing half as much does not do. In the case of the P2000SK... The oly thing it did better for me, than say... A Glock 33, is offer the bragging rights of saying that my backup/off duty gun was an H&K. It did that at the expense of having an oddly placed (IMHO) decocker, an inferior trigger to that of the Glock 33 (again...IMHO), and accuracy that was accaptable, but (at least in my hands), was nothing special. In addition to all of this, I spent forever trying to find a holster that I liked for it when shopping locally here in Kansas City.

Overall, I give the P2000SK high marks. But, having owned half a dozen H&K's, and an equal number of Glocks, Sig Sauers, 1911's, Berettas, etc.... I think there are guns that are as good, or better in the sub-compact category for far less money. YMMV

Link Posted: 9/16/2011 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Loved the size
2) Capacity was decent

Not trying to say that "boringly reliable" is a bad thing at all. In fact... The P2000SK (as well as every other H&K I've owned) performed flawlessly. My main issue with the P2000SK was just the fact that my H&K's are not the only pistols I've owned that were "boringly reliable". I've had equal results from Sig Sauer, and aside from a handful of issues with a G33 (one of 3 G33's that I have owned)... I've had great reliability from Glock as well.

I traded my P2000SK for a Colt 1911, that has also since found a new home. These days... I tend to carry my issued Sig Sauer P220 Carry more than any other pistol, with a personally owned German P220 working hard to take over the off-duty role in my stable.

My opinions of the P2000SK were not unfavorable. Rather, they were my reflection upon the fact that I expect a handgun that costs as much as that one did, to do something for me that a pistol costing half as much does not do. In the case of the P2000SK... The oly thing it did better for me, than say... A Glock 33, is offer the bragging rights of saying that my backup/off duty gun was an H&K. It did that at the expense of having an oddly placed (IMHO) decocker, an inferior trigger to that of the Glock 33 (again...IMHO), and accuracy that was accaptable, but (at least in my hands), was nothing special. In addition to all of this, I spent forever trying to find a holster that I liked for it when shopping locally here in Kansas City.

Overall, I give the P2000SK high marks. But, having owned half a dozen H&K's, and an equal number of Glocks, Sig Sauers, 1911's, Berettas, etc.... I think there are guns that are as good, or better in the sub-compact category for far less money. YMMV

Understood.

Thanks for answering my question.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite CCW. "AE" date code, V2 Light LEM in .40S&W, Mep night sights.

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#16]
My experience with the P2000SK V3 is a bit different than that of ShrubmasterM4A3.
I've gone through more handguns than I can count and I would put my handgun needs/wants in to 3 categories:
1) CCW dedicated.
2) Home defense dedicated.
3) Just 'cause I like it.
The SK was the end of the road, for me, in terms of CCW....and it's been a long road. There were guns that I either own or considered for this role for quite a while. A few would be G26, G19, SW 340PD, P99, PSP, MP9C.....and so on. I even considered the Kimber Solo, which has since been completely disqualified from consideration.
The SK I have represents, IMO, improvements in every important CCW area, for me.

• As reliable of a handgun as is available anywhere. It simply doesn't get better than HK reliability and for a CCW gun, reliability is a non-negotiable. 1000+ rounds and not a single failure of any kind. Period.

• The SK is dimensionally similar to a G26, however, to me, the ergonomics are far superior. It's less "boxy", the slide having a nice rounded surface, and the grip simply makes sense in my hand. The gun settles perfectly in the web between my thumb and trigger finger, providing excellent control and POA.

• The accuracy of the SK is fantastic. I can easily keep a magazine grouped inside a circle the size of a tennis ball from 25 feet. That kind of accuracy is ample for a defensive handgun, and accuracy like this is not difficult with the SK. Not all that common for a sub-compact gun.

• The V3 has a decocker, which I personally like a lot in a carry gun. It's located in a very unobtrusive way and I like the idea of having one in the chamber, no safety, but decocked.

• There are smaller 9mm, but smaller doesn't mean better. In order to achieve acceptable accuracy and controlability, a gun needs to be of a minimum size and weight. This helps with everything from grip control to recoil management. The SK meets this baseline very effectively without any extraneous size or weight....it's dimensions are excellent for what the gun aims to achieve.

• In 9mm, the gun traditionally carries 10+1 rounds of +P defensive ammo....which is fine, however significantly higher capacity is easily met with mags from the P2000, P30.

• The size of the SK makes for the most comfortable all around carry gun I've ever owned....very easy to conceal.

All things being considered, I don't know of a gun that meets all of this criteria, to the extent the P2000SK does. I don't care what it costs, that's 100% irrelevant to me. Guns and who makes them have nothing to do with "bragging rights" in my
world, so the folks who toss that around as a component of people who
like HK's make no sense to me. It might be on the high end side of price, but having met my needs specifically and precisely, and given that this gun's main purpose is to defend my life, it's an absolute bargain and IMO, without peer.

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a H&K P30 now, which has been flawless. I will have an SK by next summer for easier concealed carry during hot weather.

I would like to see a picture of someone holding the gun. Do you leave your pinky finger hanging off the end of the grip?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top