Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2004 10:10:17 AM EDT
I want the original version, not this new one they are coming out with. I don't like it at all... I would prefer onw that is actually manufactured in Germany, not the US in either 9 or .40. Also in the Airsoft world a lot of P99's come with a suppressor that has Walther engravings, does Waltehr actually make this?

Also can you see how the silencer sort of tapers down to the barrel instead of bieng just symmetrical on both sides? Where could I get one like that? Also don't they make barrels that are standard length with female threads for them? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother-in-law just bought a Walther P99 - it is made in Germany. German proofs on the frame, slide and barrel. The SW99 is the US made pistol.  

Av.

Edit: He paid $575 NIB in N.W. Illinois.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Both are manufactured in the US now aren't they?
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe the only Walther marked suppressor was on the P22 Dirty Charlie set (Not sure but I think it was made by Brugger & Thomett). I'm pretty sure Walther P99's are all made in the states by Smith & Wesson nowadays. The manufacturing is the same spec as Germany though. The SW99 is the one that looks really fugly but to bad they make it in a .45 and Walther doesn't. Average price should be in the $550 to $600 range. Does anyone know if they are offering high caps yet?
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine just bought a P99 Compact that was proofed in Germany, proof marks on the slide and frame indicated it was 100% made in Germany.
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Mags are everywhere.

CDNN
Link Posted: 12/20/2004 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure Walther P99's are all made in the states by Smith & Wesson nowadays.

Quoted:
Both are manufactured in the US now aren't they?

No and no. The Walther P99 is IMPORTED by S&W. The SW99 is made in the US.  EDIT: All 9mm P99's are made in Germany. SOME P99's in .40 have the frames made in Germany and slides and barrels made in the US. If the barrel and slide do not have the German eagle on them, they were made in the US.

Threads come in two types: The first type used M12x1 threads (M = Metric; 12 = 12mm diameter; 1 = 1mm pitch), and the current vintage uses M13.5x1 threads.  Both types use left-handed threads.

Earls Repair Servcie and Jarvis offer threaded barrels. Earls is pricy ($395) - but they have authentic Walther equipment.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top