Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2012 5:13:56 PM EDT
What is everyone's thoughts on this gun? I have been messing with one for the past few days and it feels great in my hands. I carry a 4" 1911 now so I would alternate the two for EDC.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I am currently hunting for one now. I love the grip and they are very accurate. If you like the grip and how it shoots your biggest choice will be which trigger to get.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a chance to fire a P30 twice. I really like that pistol. I think it may have the best ergonomics I've felt in a pistol in it's class. I am concerned by how many barely used P30's I have seen for sale. Makes me wonder if I am missing something.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing I do keep seeing is people complaining about the rough grip rubbing them raw when CCW. Also It is a a decent sized pistol might not be to easy to CCW extremely well. This is all a guess since I havent gotten mine yet just what Iv read on HKPRO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've had a chance to fire a P30 twice. I really like that pistol. I think it may have the best ergonomics I've felt in a pistol in it's class. I am concerned by how many barely used P30's I have seen for sale. Makes me wonder if I am missing something.

Theres plenty of them out there.

You dont see many for sale because they are phenomenal firearms.  I got one recently after a LOOOONG departure from H&K, and I am glad I returned.  Its a wonderful handgun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had my P30 for a little over 2 years now.  I carry it everyday in a Galco IWB holster.  No problems with it at all.  Great handgun and very accurate.  It came with some night sights on it that have held up well too.  Hardly any wear on the slide  as well.  I live in FL and its T-shirt weather everyday and I have no problem concealing it.  15+1 and 2 extra magazines.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You dont see many for sale because they are phenomenal firearms.  I got one recently after a LOOOONG departure from H&K, and I am glad I returned.  Its a wonderful handgun.

That's the opposite of what I've seen. They turn up fairly often at the local gun stores. I missed a two month old 9mm version for $750 locally last month. Pissed about that. Last month there were four on the first page of the handgun section of the EE.

These were on the first page today as I typed this.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1011916_WTS___HandK_P30L_V3__DA_SA__9mm___Price_Drop__.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1008615_HK_P30_V2__40_LEM.html

Not sure why that is. Like I said I was impressed by the handgun but decided to wait for a used one as they turn up often at a fair discount.

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#7]
About a year ago I found a barley use HK P30 9mm at a local gun shop for a very good price. In fact I was fooled for a while actually believing it was brand new...it looked that good. I bought it and I'm glad I did. If I could change anything it would have the LEM trigger. Since that purchase I've also acquired an HK45C and a P2000 in 40S&W both with LEM trigger. HK is a fine firearm and for a person like me, who is left handed, I get a pistol that is completely ambidextrous and is the definition of reliability.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I carry a P30 everyday. I switched from a P2000 because the P30 held more rounds and was only a hair bigger.

I have no issues with it rubbing my skin and I carry it in a Comptac MTAC.
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
love to have one
to bad the aren't 500 bucks
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
IMHO, the HK P30 is the finest production  handgun on the planet today.   Bar none.  

Mine has been 100 % reliable with a variety of fmj and jhp ammo for three years, is easy to shoot accurately and can be made to fit any hand with the adjustable grip panels.

I love this pistol:

Link Posted: 8/2/2012 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I love mine, good thing since I could have gotten two others for the price of the one H&K.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2012 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Best ergos out of the box of any pistol, bar none.

Get the LEM trigger. The DA/SA trigger is workable, but not really all that good. v4 LEM is pretty damn awesome.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Wish our military goes this route for the next go around since we'll probably stick with 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
By the time the US Military is ready for a new service side arm civilians will already have phased plasma pistols in the 10 gigawatt range.

Link Posted: 8/3/2012 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the opposite of what I've seen. They turn up fairly often at the local gun stores. I missed a two month old 9mm version for $750 locally last month. Pissed about that. Last month there were four on the first page of the handgun section of the EE.

These were on the first page today as I typed this.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1011916_WTS___HandK_P30L_V3__DA_SA__9mm___Price_Drop__.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1008615_HK_P30_V2__40_LEM.html

Not sure why that is. Like I said I was impressed by the handgun but decided to wait for a used one as they turn up often at a fair discount.

That .40 LEM now resides with me for $700. Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow, this thing feels great and points beautifully.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I just sold my v3 9mm. Had a fte when it was new, otherwise good. Just hated the trigger. Ergos are awesome though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the time the US Military is ready for a new service side arm civilians will already have phased plasma pistols in the 10 gigawatt range.

"Phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range."

"Hey, just what you see, pal."
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought the first P30 I could find that was in DFW back in 2007 (or was that 2008).  Anyhow, LOVED the gun, but for some stupid reason I sold it.  It is the only gun I have sold that I regret selling.  Now my cheap ass is continuing to look for one in 9mm LEM that I can pick up for the same price I sold mine as.  I am about to the point where if I want one I think I'll need to go buy a new one again.

And if you like the pistol but want a slightly smaller version for CCW then look at the P2000.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been carrying one daily for quite some time now, AIWB. The texture of the grip never bothers me against bare skin.

Of course, I'm also the sort of dude who puts skateboard tape on the gun to make it grippier, so I might be a little more hardcore than most.

Any trigger work done to yours?  Im considering sending mine off to grayguns.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been carrying one daily for quite some time now, AIWB. The texture of the grip never bothers me against bare skin.

Of course, I'm also the sort of dude who puts skateboard tape on the gun to make it grippier, so I might be a little more hardcore than most.

I have the V2 LEM variant. I replaced the firing pin block spring with a lighter one and replaced the mainspring with the non-LEM mainspring. The combo yields a very nice trigger. If you have the LEM getting a good trigger is as simple as swapping out a couple of springs.

I currently have the DA/SA with safety (carry it condition one).  I put in a wolff 12 lbs mainspring, and if I can locate a firing pin block spring, I may very well replace that too!  Any clue where to pick one of those up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the V2 LEM variant. I replaced the firing pin block spring with a lighter one and replaced the mainspring with the non-LEM mainspring. The combo yields a very nice trigger. If you have the LEM getting a good trigger is as simple as swapping out a couple of springs.

I currently have the DA/SA with safety (carry it condition one).  I put in a wolff 12 lbs mainspring, and if I can locate a firing pin block spring, I may very well replace that too!  Any clue where to pick one of those up?

I got mine from H&K.

I will not buy an HK unless it's LEM (all mine have started as V2). Before I get home with it I will call HKParts.net (801-987-3494) and order a V1 TRS and FPBS. I have an extra DA/SA hammerspring (for V4 TGS). I tried it and didn't care for it. If someone wants it PM me with a shipping address and it's yours.

Carry mine daily AIWB in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Slim.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I sold a USP 45 tactical earlier this year to buy a p30. Overall it's a great gun, fairly light, love the controls, and fits your hand like a custom glove. Ended up selling it because I couldn't get over the trigger. Only gun I have ever shot that was perpetually shooting left. I had also of HK pistols and just couldn't shoot the p30 as well. Ymmv
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An extra power trigger return spring will give a slightly heavier pull, but will push your finger back forward to the reset. This fixes the most common complaint people have with hk triggers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top