Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2013 11:24:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Aside from the chronic fuckups of the 2010-2011 guns, I'm filing this under every company sends out a lemon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You should have bought a Gen3 pre-2 years ago.  

Glock has supposedly tinkered with the new Gen3's as well - probably all in the name of parts consolidation.

FWIW - I own three G3 G19s (newest being purchased Jan 2011) ... not one issue in any of them

Fix it, sell it, get a Gen2.

ETA:  Did you clean the copper colored lube off the gun or just shoot it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Not saying it is the ammo or the shooter, but what brand ammo and weight bullet?  Have you fired Glocks before?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I see the problem.

You were shooting like this..

..to compensate for this..

...that resulted in this

" />

Amirite?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see the problem.

Amirite?
View Quote

Ah,

The ever feared Crossman BB Pistol, fired gansta style.

Note the cocking mechanism on the example below.

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So anyway. I have a buddy with a new extractor we are going to try.
View Quote

Excellent. I'll be checking back for an AAR. Thanks.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
In for results.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am 6'5" and 250, so I don't limp wrist shit.

View Quote

I'm not saying that you were limpwristing, but I hate when people say this.  There is no correlation between your height/weight and limpwristing.  If you aren't locking your wrist, you simply aren't locking your wrist.  It has nothing to do with how big or strong you are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that doesn't help, the gen 4 ejector might. It seems to have fixed my brass to face issues on my 2013 gen 3 19.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:29:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]
That gun may be fucked.   Glock puts out a lot of half-assed stuff these days.

If you can't limp wrist it with M882, it's a piece of shit anyway.

I can limpwrist the fuck out of all my 1911s and my M9 and my Glock 19s and they chug right along.  Even with Wally World ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock Perfection

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That gun may be fucked.   Glock puts out a lot of half-assed stuff these days.

If you can't limp wrist it with M882, it's a piece of shit anyway.

I can limpwrist the fuck out of all my 1911s and my M9 and my Glock 19s and they chug right along.  Even with Wally World ammo.
View Quote

Which is why I decided to go with HK when I was in the market for a midsize poly gun.  I LOVE my g21sf, it was my first gun and has never had a failure with countless rounds.  But this is a gun that I got several years ago.  Ever since Glock came out with the gen4's, they seem to be pretty hit and miss.  I know no company is perfect, but Glocks modern qc seems to fucking suck.

If I spend 500 bucks on a new firearm, I want it to fucking work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Get a Glock made in 2009 or older.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My two Gen 4 22s are flawless.
View Quote

IIRC all the gen 4 .40's have been good to go.  I could be wrong, but I believe the gen 4 recoil mech was designed around the .40, and then they moved it to 9mm..which is why there are problems with them.

Still doesn't explain the late gen 3 9mm fuck ups though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, OP, if it's any consolation to you, I don't think the newer SIGs have the build quality that the older ones did either.   So it may not be only Glock with this problem.  

I would not trade my older West German SIGs for new ones and I would not trade my older Glock 17 for a new one either.  

Actually, your post makes me somewhat happy - not because of your problems but because I decided to get a S&W M&P 9mm police trade in instead of a new Glock 19.   Maybe I made a wise choice - for once in my life.  Now if I could only find magazines for the damn thing.   At least you can get Glock magazines.

Did Glock dick up the extractors on the newest Glock 19s?
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, OP, if it's any consolation to you, I don't think the newer SIGs have the build quality that the older ones did either.   So it may not be only Glock with this problem.  

I would not trade my older West German SIGs for new ones and I would not trade my older Glock 17 for a new one either.  

Actually, your post makes me somewhat happy - not because of your problems but because I decided to get a S&W M&P 9mm police trade in instead of a new Glock 19.   Maybe I made a wise choice - for once in my life.  Now if I could only find magazines for the damn thing.   At least you can get Glock magazines.

View Quote

I don't have any sigs...but I was always under the impression that the older sigs were prefered because they were carbon steel and balanced betters.  The new ones,  IIRC, are made of stainless, which is actually stronger to be able to hold up to .40/.357sig, but doesn't have the ideal balance.  I have no idea which one has better fit and finish though between German made and US made.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a 2012 vintage Gen 3 19 that did that every 20 rounds or so, beginning after about 200 rounds.  POS.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Replace the extractor spring too.  Heck, replace all the springs in the gun, they're cheap enough.

Detail strip the slide too.  It's remarkable how much crud builds up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#28]
My Gen 4 G17 and G34 are flawless. Both are 2012 guns.

I took my G34 to a pistol course straight out of the box. No cleaning or lube and it ran 100%. I had a Gen 3 G17 also from 2012 that liked to lob brass at my forehead so I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Buy a Glock 19 3rd Gen they said. Its probably the most reliable handgun ever they said.

Fail.

Two massive malfunctions in 150 rounds of M882 ball. Pistol was unfired. Spent shellcasing in the box was dated 6-22-12.

Yes. I am fucking angry. This is bullshit.

#2 extractor. 336 ejector.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akscott60/media/image_zps8c8afb25.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/akscott60/image_zps8c8afb25.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akscott60/media/image_zps51abcb0e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/akscott60/image_zps51abcb0e.jpg</a>
View Quote

Man, you gotta stop loading your mags backwards, that only works on HKs.   J/K......
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My opening line was a bit tongue in cheek. I got this yesterday in a good trade. I took it home, cleaned it, and lubed it with Fireclean.

This is about the 10th Glock I have owned.

This is more proof that being a fanboy is stupid, all machines will fail, and Glock has screwed the pooch.
View Quote

It is a shame.  I shoot nothing but Glocks and have never had a malfunction, but I know they are happening now.  It seems to be pretty minimal but it is happening on some newer guns.  Can someone just produce a reliable handgun and not fuck with it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Since the casing is backwards in the gun, the question remains....

"..Oh man! How'd you get the beans above the frank?....."
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
tap and rack /thread
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ah,

That is a Marksman, not a Crossman.  Just felt like a little nitpick.

http://p2.la-img.com/872/25885/9600734_1_l.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see the problem.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08_02/004gun_468x377.jpg

Amirite?

Ah,

That is a Marksman, not a Crossman.  Just felt like a little nitpick.

http://p2.la-img.com/872/25885/9600734_1_l.jpg

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't you have a Walther PPQ?

A thread on that would be more interesting.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Uh, a stovepipe or two in the first 150 rounds with a new pistol is not a massive malfunction.  If you have repeated issues after 700 rounds then you'd have cause to be upset.  700 rounds is what I would put through a duty/carry gun prior to carrying it.  My Sig Pro had multiple FTF/FT go into battery in the first 200 rounds, Sig said put 400 rounds through it and call us back if still having issues.  I think I only had one more FTF in the next 11,000 rounds.  Go break your gun in.  Glocks may not be what they used to be, but they, like all mechanisms, need breaking in.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I do. It is fucking awesome.

End of remarks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't you have a Walther PPQ?

A thread on that would be more interesting.

I do. It is fucking awesome.

End of remarks

Where in TN are you?

Lets shoot sometime and/or are you coming to the HTF shoot on the 28th?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Several years ago a Police Dept went to 9mm's...
The Glock 19 was recomended for Detectives, and other Plainclothes Officers. Most of these guys were revolver shooters, not experienced pistol shooters...

SO many had functioning problems. I could take their Glock 19 and shoot 50 rounds with no problems. They couold not get through a single magazine with out a malfunction.

The reason, they were "Limp Wristing" the gun.

After some proper training their Glock 19's worked fine. Also "rumor' has it, that Glock changed to a lighter recoil spring for the 19's in the USA...

Not saying that is your problem, but it is worth thinking about.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Several years ago a Police Dept went to 9mm's...

The Glock 19 was recomended for Detectives, and other Plainclothes Officers. Most of these guys were revolver shooters, not experienced pistol shooters...

SO many had functioning problems. I could take their Glock 19 and shoot 50 rounds with no problems. They couold not get through a single magazine with out a malfunction.

The reason, they were "Limp Wristing" the gun.

After some proper training their Glock 19's worked fine. Also "rumor' has it, that Glock changed to a lighter recoil spring for the 19's in the USA...

Not saying that is your problem, but it is worth thinking about.
View Quote
My former agency had one approved weapon, the G19.  I'm not familiar with anyone ever having a FTE/FTF during quals.  Of course the average experience in our agency was 20+ years with many former MIL and firearms instructors in the group...  No one wants to admit they are limp-wristing.  I've had issues with other weapons where the grip was a poor fit causing this issue.  Glock 45's are bad for me (hand size) for this reason and i've had stovepipes, its still called limp-wristing.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2013 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't have any sigs...but I was always under the impression that the older sigs were prefered because they were carbon steel and balanced betters.  The new ones,  IIRC, are made of stainless, which is actually stronger to be able to hold up to .40/.357sig, but doesn't have the ideal balance.  I have no idea which one has better fit and finish though between German made and US made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have examples of both new and old, Geman and American and they are all high quality, 100% reliable pistols.

SIG did have some quality control issues a while back, as have all manufacturers, but they have been addressed.

Now it's Glock's turn at the wheel.

http://pistol-training.com/articles/trust-no-one-an-insiders-perspective
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#47]
No problems with any of my 4 G 19s. Newest one is from June of this year. All Gen3.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP, I had a Gen 3 G27 from 2006 that was/is a total piece of shit too. I could not get 3 full mags thru that little shitberg without a stovepipe, nose dive, or the slide locking back with ammo in the magazine. I drove it to Glock. The armorer replaced the extractor, recoil spring, ejector, slide stop, firing pin and spring, and replaced the two 9 round magazines. I put 200 rounds of ammo thru it and sold it disclosing all history to the new buyer for a heck of a deal, for him... I couldn't carry the pistol knowing all the previous malfunctions.

M&P mags are coming back. You can get the 9mm mags @ 44mag.com for $60 each,... I carry M&P40's and just picked up two factory mags @ Midway for $33 each. Two months ago I would have said M&P 9 and 40 mags were made of unicorn vagina's. Midway, had the 9mm mags earlier this week, 2 mag maximum quantity. Keep checking Midway...
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So.....

Apex extrator?

New style ejector?

Or throw, on fire, into Glock headquarters?
View Quote

Either way your going to be inconvenienced and out of pocket so, let Glock fix it. They put out that POS so it should be them that fixes it. Your going to have to pay to send the pistol to them though... S&W pays both ways if you ever needed their services for future references OP...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top