Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What weight recoil spring do they use?
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We FINALLY got one back in @ work.  It's a Taurus, but just about every woman I hand it to will be able to rack the slide.  $550.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  I should try the cocking of the hammer first.  But she couldn't rack the G19.  I tried different methods from Cornered Cat and such but to no avail.  I think my M&P .45 is super easy, but I don't think she'd like the recoil when shooting it......  Not sure.

Try a Glock 17, and the Walther CCP.  Also a 5" 1911 in 9x19mm, if you can find one.

I shot a 9mm 1911 full sized a couple of years ago and I was in love.  It was everyone thing I thought it would be.   Such a great shooter and super mild recoil.  Etc etc.  I've been debating the first one.....

We FINALLY got one back in @ work.  It's a Taurus, but just about every woman I hand it to will be able to rack the slide.  $550.

My Taurus had a real easy slide. Getting it to function consistently was another matter. And don't get me started on the number of times I had to return it to Taurus for repairs they claimed to be doing. I should have known better than to give that company a shot, they have a bad reputation for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  My Taurus had a real easy slide. Getting it to function consistently was another matter. And don't get me started on the number of times I had to return it to Taurus for repairs they claimed to be doing. I should have known better than to give that company a shot, they have a bad reputation for a reason.
View Quote

1911, or?  My general rule w/ Taurus is if they've copied someone else's design, it's probably ok.  Had a Rossi 68 some years back, just a copy of a S&W J frame.  Nothing special, but it always went bang 'til I had some gunsmith monkey w/ the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

1911, or?  My general rule w/ Taurus is if they've copied someone else's design, it's probably ok.  Had a Rossi 68 some years back, just a copy of a S&W J frame.  Nothing special, but it always went bang 'til I had some gunsmith monkey w/ the trigger pull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  My Taurus had a real easy slide. Getting it to function consistently was another matter. And don't get me started on the number of times I had to return it to Taurus for repairs they claimed to be doing. I should have known better than to give that company a shot, they have a bad reputation for a reason.

Not 1911. It seems their revolvers are OK too, but I'm just totally disgusted with Taurus.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not 1911. It seems their revolvers are OK too, but I'm just totally disgusted with Taurus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to try one of the Taurus PT111G2 pistols.  I picked up a couple mostly because they're so cheap and I've been very happy with them so far...

Forrest

Link Posted: 12/12/2015 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You might want to try one of the Taurus PT111G2 pistols.  I picked up a couple mostly because they're so cheap and I've been very happy with them so far...

Forrest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forrest

I'm ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm ok, thanks.
View Quote

Forrest
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top