Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Start digging around and you might just find the organisations they came from along with the municipalities that control them, might just destroy them in the future to avoid any potential liability.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
OP:
Im with everyone else.................
1.  Don't waste your or their time.  
2.  You'd have to know which Dept to send it to.  There isn't a collective registry for them, unlike the US Military.
3.  Who cares.
4.  Even if you did get something back, the chances are ZERO of anything interesting.  

@HellFish:  

You, clearly, have never been in a good rock'em-sock'em drag out fight.
Nor have you been around someone who was truly "bleeding like a stuck pig."  

You'd be surprised the amount of blood that comes out of people and where it goes when say:
- you're trying to arrest them.
- you're trying to get them subdued and in an ambulance.
- when they are bat-shit crazy and just sliced themselves into ribbons.  

(BTW......those CMP FOIA requests are sent to people whose job it is process them.  And they take about 5 minutes.  And no, it doesn't cost millions of dollars).  ;)
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwb1987] [#3]
I'd suspect that most LE-trade in guns have bodies on them.  injured deer bodies.  In just over a decade I probably have put down 60 injured deer (probably same number via shotgun/rifle).  FOIA request won't show that though.

If any of our guns are used in a shooting of a human they will be kept indefinitely in evidence incase of appeals, civil suits.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
1820 years old?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215362/jxg5Ej0_jpeg-3102098.JPG
View Quote

Fuck, I laughed hard at this one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Beretta INOX as a PD trade in several years ago that had a drop of blood on the slide

Brake clean made it go away
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Only records my department would have is date taken into inventory and date removed from inventory. I'd imagine most departments are the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The "bodies" on any of the several pistols I've been issued over the years would be deer that were hit by cars.

If you wanted a cursed gun, everygunpart.com had 1911 parts that were gold plated and the grips had Santa Muerta on them...    I was very tempted to buy but...bad juju there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

You don’t think that would get cleaned off? And it made its way under a grip panel? That would be a lot.

Now I need to buy a gallon of blood to test this hypothesis.
View Quote

Capillary action will get blood into all sorts of places.

And cleaning? Lol. Some cops would be lucky if they know how to field strip their pistol, nevermind cleaning it. And they're certainly not pulling off grip panels to do it. Cops aren't automatically gun guys. To many of them it's nothing more than just another piece of equipment weighing down their belt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CockySC99] [#9]
I bought my old g23 when we switched to 9mm. The agency sold them to a company in bulk, then the company sold them to the officer it was issued to if we wanted to keep it.

I shot thousands and thousands through it. Probably the last two years I had it, this pin on the side would start backing out during heavy sessions on the range. I’d just smack it back in during qualifications. 😂  i spent $350 on this hooptie. But it has sentimental value.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
But why? Shoot it and move on.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
Number of fatal shootings by police/number of armed coppers = miniscule probability that any police trade in pistol 'has a body on it' or even was used to shoot someone.

Don't sweat it.  The odds probably aren't too different than winning the lottery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
I'd be afraid of getting the request back and it has a body in it

Number of fatal shootings by police/number of armed coppers = miniscule probability that any police trade in pistol 'has a body on it' or even was used to shoot someone.

Don't sweat it.  The odds probably aren't too different than winning the lottery.

It wouldn't bother me at all if the gun "had a body on it". Rather cool, actually. It was used as it was supposed to be used.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TODD-67:
Why does that make a difference? IF the gun was used to do the needful it was the cop puling the trigger not the gun doing it on it's own.
View Quote

OP is afraid the gun is gonna jump off the nightstand and blow his brains out!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
But why? Shoot it and move on.
View Quote

This is what I am thinking.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]
My K98 looks like it held off the Russian army by the looks of the bore.  It was captured by the Russians and I bet it took a lot of souls.  It hasn't spoke to me yet but if it did, I can't speak German.  

Have a Mosin with the same type of sewer bore.  Probably took a lot of German souls.  

History is cool, no ghosts in them though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]
They're worth twice as much if they've killed someone....
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread is funny.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#18]

You sure that wasn’t just dried oil? How would a LE service pistol get so immersed in blood that it got under the grip panels and then never cleaned before returning to service?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scottmon:
Bought a former CHP S&W 4006TSW and when I pulled the grip to detail clean there was a significant amount of dried blood under it.

Also owned a German MG08/15 WW1 battlefield pickup from Passchendale years ago. No telling how many people that thing killed

You sure that wasn’t just dried oil? How would a LE service pistol get so immersed in blood that it got under the grip panels and then never cleaned before returning to service?

This.

Also, blood tends to do a number on steel. Even with a stainless pistol a sizable amount of blood would likely to tarnish the fuck out of it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top