User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:

You want that tight fit. I can’t even begin to count how many peoples sights fly off in classes I’m in. It seems to happen in every other couple of classes. Once you really start putting some rounds through your gun, it heats up and those dovetails expand.
View Quote

I agree. But getting it in was hell on earth! Hopefully I never gave to do that again, I was afraid that I might break the sights internally.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Played with one last week.  The slide to frame fit was poor and I could not get over the trigger.  

Not for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By unrock:
Played with one last week.  The slide to frame fit was poor and I could not get over the trigger.  

Not for me.
View Quote

As I've been firing and dry firing mine, the trigger has improved. It feels like a good Apex M&P DCAEK to me. The reset is short, but I would like to to be slightly more distinct.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 4:55:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#4]
Shot another 150 rounds today. Still no stoppages, except for several failures to lock back when empty. This is due to the size and location of the slide release. It needs to be smaller or located further forwards.

Pistol seems accurate, now that the sights are actually centered. No keyholing. Still shoots very low; shots land in the chest, below the neck, when aiming at the very top of the head at 50 yards (head completely obscured by FSP). I really wish that they didn't do that stupid center hold POA/POI. This is with Trijicon DI sights, so I might have to find a wide but short front sight to replace the DI one. The stock sights shot even lower. This type of sight picture really limits the range of this pistol. This is all exacerbated because of the crappy optics mount system and non-availability of plates.

Rear beavertail sharp points were solved by hand filing. Really silly that I had to do that, but it's comfortable now.

So right now, my main gripes are the slide release and the low POI. Both are fixable issues. The other issues that I listed earlier are all still present as well.

Overall, it's a good gun and, in my opinion, just needs an update to address these issues. It really shouldn't be hard for DD to accomplish that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:48:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mike56] [#5]
I have one on order.

Did you discuss all this with DD? Just wondering what their take/response was.

Supposed to take sig sights. Wonder if a #8 rear and #6 front would solve the low issue? Ameriglo sells that combo
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m curious to know if there are any more review on these things
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#7]
Originally Posted By mike56:
I have one on order.

Did you discuss all this with DD? Just wondering what their take/response was.

Supposed to take sig sights. Wonder if a #8 rear and #6 front would solve the low issue? Ameriglo sells that combo
View Quote

I missed this post until now.
Unfortunately, no. It needs an extra tall rear, such as the Trijicon HD, and an extra short front sight, which I calculated to be a custom .180". I ordered one from Dawson, and it should be here whenever USPS decides to find it. But I'm hoping that will be the right combination.

I finally just now got my optics plate, and I'm considering mounting an optic, which will make my whole iron sights search pointless. But I'm just not sure. I'm not big into optics for a carry gun
It should come with cowitness-able sights from the factory.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NvrBrdWes:
Daniel Defense finally addresses the H9, thoughts?
View Quote

I mean it looks like it took a little less than 3 months from the time people started taking delivery of these pistols to the time DD announced a fix for a problem that surfaced post-release.

Seems like a pretty decent turnaround to me. Some companies are hard pressed to do a warranty return or replacement in that amount of time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NvrBrdWes:  Daniel Defense finally addresses the H9, thoughts?
View Quote

Same problem Glock had w/ the 44 - made a gun for the US market, tested w/ expensive ammo, not cheap Remington bulk pack.  Someone finally went to Academy, bought the Bucket o'Bullets, took it to the range, and the engineers finally went,"Ohhhh.  Well fuck, guess we need to deepen the rifling.  Goddammit Remington!  Why can't you load to SAAMI specs!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like they will be fixing one of the problems with this pistol. Good!

Hopefully they consider addressing the rest of them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PRYDE:

The H9 is an all steel gun, not a polymer framed one.
Considering what Walther is asking for a steel PDP, this is not a bad buy at all, assuming the gun is reliable unlike the original version.
They are a really interesting design if you have ever handled/shot one.  They have virtually no muzzle flip and track extremely well due to the design.
View Quote

ThisDD offering is a polymer frame? I've got seen one or the original H9 inn person before which is why I ask, also when did Walther release a steel frame pdp? I know they had the steel frame Q series such as the q4 and q5 match.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
$1000 street for a metal framed red dot cut pistol is about on par with the market, and actually on the low side. Minus Beretta there’s not a lot of options at $1k or less from a 1st world country.

I’m definitely interested. Mags are listed at $25 which is a damn good selling point too.
View Quote

the M&P metal frame pistols are nice and optic ready, I got mine used with box and both mags for $600, and the competitor is nice too, the Canik steel frames are ok though I personally no longer buy anything Turkish made.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

There’s been a lot of people including those that did shoot it talking about the trigger not being that good. But it’s a duty style striker gun with no safety. A few Gucci gunners who want a 2 pound trigger versus the 95% of people who are used to a long 6 pound Glock trigger. They seem to have split the difference.
View Quote

Not to mention DD isn't exactly know for having the greatest factory triggers on their rifles as it stands, so expecting the trigger on this to be superb is wishful thinking IMHO. I've had several DD rifles, and for what they ask, the triggers are definitely leaving much to be  desired.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By elgin25:

ThisDD offering is a polymer frame? I've got seen one or the original H9 inn person before which is why I ask, also when did Walther release a steel frame pdp? I know they had the steel frame Q series such as the q4 and q5 match.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elgin25:
Originally Posted By PRYDE:

The H9 is an all steel gun, not a polymer framed one.
Considering what Walther is asking for a steel PDP, this is not a bad buy at all, assuming the gun is reliable unlike the original version.
They are a really interesting design if you have ever handled/shot one.  They have virtually no muzzle flip and track extremely well due to the design.

Originally Posted By NN300BLK:
It appears that Daniel switched to an aluminum frame-- the new H9 is a compact-sized, 15 round, aluminum framed gun weighing in at 29.6 oz according to their website. Isn't the steel PDP a somewhat heavy, competition-geared gun?

If so, I'm not sure it's completely fair or completely unfair to compare it to either a G19 or the steel PDP-- or maybe even a 2011 at a similar price point. It will be interesting to see if this gives the Alien a run for its money or if this is intended to be a premium carry gun.

Their website says the frame is aluminum to be "light weight."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like I made the right call to hold off on picking one of these up. This trend of companies using owners as part of their R&D process to sort out a pistol is getting tiring though. It also ultimately stifles development and makes harder for newer designs and starts ups to gain any tractions because fewer and fewer buyers are willing to take a chance on something new because they don’t want the hassle of dealing with constantly trouble shooting their new purchase. It’s not just DD in this instance, it has been a growing trend since 2015 or so and almost every major manufacture is guilty of it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:25:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#19]
Originally Posted By MK318:
Looks like I made the right call to hold off on picking one of these up. This trend of companies using owners as part of their R&D process to sort out a pistol is getting tiring though. It also ultimately stifles development and makes harder for newer designs and starts ups to gain any tractions because fewer and fewer buyers are willing to take a chance on something new because they don't want the hassle of dealing with constantly trouble shooting their new purchase. It's not just DD in this instance, it has been a growing trend since 2015 or so and almost every major manufacture is guilty of it.
View Quote
I don't know if it's deliberate as much as it is, nothing can replicate the amount of "testing" a product gets as when it's in the hands of thousands of people's hands being shot in every climate/elevation/ambient temp with every type of ammo and every type of lube (or not), etc etc.

That's why I never buy a "gen 1" and why it's hard to walk away from boring, soul less pistols like the g19 which has 35 years of use.

All that said, DD is legit company that will take care of you guys and I'm confident they need to fix with the H9 they will handle on their dime (as evidenced above).

It looks like a really cool pistol and I'd love to get to shoot one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ken_mays:

Yes, the Hudson H9 was v1.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/9714/h9-2-3104564.jpg

However, my advice stands because this is DD's first crack at it, and there is a high probability that bugs will surface in their first release.
View Quote

Looks "space-age"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Like they say in aviation, never fly the A model of anything.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:
Like they say in aviation, never fly the A model of anything.
View Quote

Not only is it a new model, it's DD's first foray into pistols.

I'm not saying that all pistols with classic features are bad, bit when you roll out a new pistol in 2024 with a 9lbs trigger and zero optic options in 2024... It suggests that you either don't know what you are doing or don't give a shit about making sales.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Not only is it a new model, it's DD's first foray into pistols.

I'm not saying that all pistols with classic features are bad, bit when you roll out a new pistol in 2024 with a 9lbs trigger and zero optic options in 2024... It suggests that you either don't know what you are doing or don't give a shit about making sales.
View Quote
Slide is optic cut.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top