User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Had both Sig and MP.
Got rid of the MP.
Sig also has the larger aftermarket. Unfortunately much more for the 9mm than .45
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
2.0 M&P Compact (full sized/10 round mag. frame but a 4" barrel/slide).  You can get 14 round mags. for it but man, are they long.

This one was sent to DP Custom Works LLC for slide milling for the dot optic and new rear sight position.  Also satin nickel plated the slide to see if the finish lasts better than melonite (previous pistol had melonite treatment but the black finish wore through in just a few weeks of carrying in my Safariland holster.)  And an Apex Tactical trigger kit as well.  My wife sometimes shoots better groups with this one and 230 grain FMJ than with her 9MM.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't reply to your question about the .45 Sig vs M&P. Never had a 320 Sig in .45 but did have an early M&P in .45 for a short time so I can't give an honest comparison.

However, of the guns you list in post # 30 I have three in 9mm lacking only a Glock 48 which I tried and didn't especially care for. I have two G19s, one remaining M&P 2.0 and five P365s in various flavors from standards to XLs. A 365 XMacro is on my To Buy list. Overall it's hard to beat the extensive P365 family for a carry gun. Pick your size and capacity and you have the basic building block for other models or you own creation. Of the carry guns I used over the years nothing has matched my carry needs as well as a 365s. The 365 XL gets carried by me more than any other handgun. The only competition for them in my lineup is the newer Shield Plus models with the improved grip texture, trigger and good night sights on the optics ready model. I still have my beloved Glock 43 but don't carry it anymore mostly due to reduced capacity compared to the 365s or Shield   Plus.

I owned an early Sig 320 and after installing a flat trigger it was an excellent shooter which I could do a bit better with than either my G19s or M&P 2.0. The high bore axis complaints are just the usual bulls##t such as "I can't be specific, Alex so I'll just take the high bore axis complaint for $400". I kept my 320 for 18 months and put 1900+ rounds through it without a single problem of any kind. Liked the way is shot, didn't care the the odd oval shaped grip, so overall I liked but didn't love it. Sold it to a man who was, and still is, pleased as punch with it. Former law enforcement officer.

The newer S&W trigger on the Shield Plus and at least some models of the M&P 2.0 are a great improvement over their previous efforts. I like them very much. But anyone who says they are the best striker fired triggers out there haven't owned a Walther PPQ, PDP or H&K VP9.  

Eagle308, of the ones you list the P365 family is easily the most versatile and I shoot all mine very well along with my somewhat larger Shield Plus models. I shoot the Sig XLs and Shields equally as well as my 9mm M&P. The M&P is going up for sale locally within the week and includes three additional new unused magazines should you be interested. Anything the M&P can do, my G19s can do as well and the Walthers can do better while being the same mid-size double stack handguns as the M&P.

Since you already have the .45 M&P it seems that a slimmer and lighter stack and a half magazine handgun like the Sig P365s or the similar Springfield Hellcat would be at the top of the list. Regardless, Good Luck with whatever you choose and may you shoot it in good health.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By eagle308us:
I’m looking for a new carry gun and local shop has 2 I’m seriously thinking about.

Sig P320 compact 45acp
S&W M&P 2.0 45acp full size 4.6 barrel

Sig is $50 more if that matters

Should I be rally be worried about the Sig potential discharge issues? Or just go with the M&P?

I have a M&P .380 I like but looking for a little more size and I have plenty of .45 ball/Winchester Ranger. I have a couple 1911 but looking for something lighter
View Quote

P320, better shooters out of the box and with the modularity your future grip preferences are endless.

The M&P is beyond overrated, S&W dropped the price to try and get them to move more. S&W has become a budget-brand, although their revolvers are still very respectable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Peacekeeper3073] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By italianstallion95:

P320, better shooters out of the box and with the modularity your future grip preferences are endless.

The M&P is beyond overrated, S&W dropped the price to try and get them to move more. S&W has become a budget-brand, although their revolvers are still very respectable.
View Quote

I will agree with your grip preferences statement but "budget brand", I think you are a little off there. The 2.0 series is a good dependable and well made pistol in my opinion (and many others). After using Glocks for many years in my employment I got into the M&P several years ago.  While I still carry Glocks as well as the M&P I find the M&P is on par quality wise with my Glocks. I did put an Apex kit in my main 2.0 and that just made it even better.  Some of the Glock guys may flame me over this, but just giving my honest opinion from a guy that uses both on a regular basis.

As far as the 320 goes, don't have one, but have shot a few including the M17 prior to it being issued to the military. Good pistol as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#6]
P320 so you can actually do this…

Jamie Lee Curtis takes her uzi for a walk.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at those 2 choices for an in the woods oh crap that’s a bear gun, and settled on the M2.0 10mm.

Why? I didn’t feel safe with the 320’s issues. I’m not convinced MOST are anything more than someone getting cloth or whatever inside the holster and trigger guard. However, I just couldn’t personally risk it.

So I went M2.0 10mm. I love everything about it, EXCEPT the trigger was terrifically awful. It DEMANDED work, so I replaced it with an Apex FFT kit. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
M&P hands down.

They are a very underrated pistol
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
For my new 9mm carry I tried an Sig, Glock and a M&P Shield Plus.

The M&P followed me home
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
For my new 9mm carry I tried an Sig, Glock and a M&P Shield Plus.

The M&P followed me home
View Quote

Comparing apples to oranges if the glock and sig were full size guns.  Should have tried a p365 instead.  That would have followed you home!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GunsAndGoats:
M&P hands down.

They are a very underrated pistol
View Quote

Agree.  I've been very happy since I jumped to M&P from Glock.  They're nicely made guns IMO.  They're all I use now pending my new Prodigy purchase that is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an M&P .45 that I carried as a Deputy.  Great gun.  I put the Apex DCAEK in it.  Still got it.

Also have an P320 .45 that started as a full size.  First I bought a carry grip module, then a compact 3.9" slide assembly to have a "Carry" P320 in 45.
Then I bought an X10 10mm upper assembly and a couple of mags so I also had a 10MM.  It goes right on that P320 .45 acp.
Then I bought an X10 grip module because I liked how it felt.  Cut the dust cover back a little to "carry" size.  Still fits the X10 slide fine.
Now I have a P320 .45 FS 4.6".
A P320 .45 Carry 3.9".
An X10 10mm 5".

Guess what I'm getting at is the options with the P320 are insane.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cb4017:
I have an M&P .45 that I carried as a Deputy.  Great gun.  I put the Apex DCAEK in it.  Still got it.

Also have an P320 .45 that started as a full size.  First I bought a carry grip module, then a compact 3.9" slide assembly to have a "Carry" P320 in 45.
Then I bought an X10 10mm upper assembly and a couple of mags so I also had a 10MM.  It goes right on that P320 .45 acp.
Then I bought an X10 grip module because I liked how it felt.  Cut the dust cover back a little to "carry" size.  Still fits the X10 slide fine.
A P320 .45 Carry 3.9".
An X10 10mm 5".

View Quote

Do P320 Xten mags fit in the 45 acp P320 grip?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Blain:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cb4017:

A P320 .45 Carry 3.9".
An X10 10mm 5".

Yep!  It all works great.  In fact Sig sells the X10 grip module as an upgrade for their .45s.  

Pics below as a Carry .45 with extra FS slide, as a 10mm, and all the parts.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I have both.  A Gen 2.0 Pro with five inch barrel, and a M17.  The Smith has been heavily tweaked; Apex trigger, fiber optic sights, mag well, etc.  A prior owner put a ton of money into it.  The M17 is stock, so the comparison may be a stretch.

I like them both.  I probably shoot the Smith better but it's been worked on extensively.  I have no fear of the Sig, they don't go off by themselves, most cops are horrible gun handlers.  Before getting the Smith I was a firm believer in the Sig platform.  It shot well for me, the trigger, for a stock striker gun, was excellent and the gun pointed well for me.  Since getting the Smith I'm leaning more in that direction, tho I will freely admit I've been a life long Smith aficionado and own a lot of them.  

Just to stir the pot I would also point out the H&K and Walther offerings in this market are also very very good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I will say one thing.  There is nothing like having a metal trigger on a gun.  Polymer / plastic triggers don't compare to me, esp ones with weird dinguses or hinges.  There is nothing like putting your finger on a solid metal trigger, IMHO.  In this respect, the Sig stands alone!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:08:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#17]
For everyone that is still scared of the OP getting a P320 because of the drop fire issue, please show us a controlled lab experiment showing a post-VUP/post-2017 P320 firing without a trigger pull, it can be FBI test, independent lab, reputable law firm, reputable gunsmith, etc. or anyone with convincing, concrete video evidence on making a factory post-VUP P320 fire without a trigger pull.

You guys have had over 7 years to present this, in the meantime we will just blame the sloppy cops. What boggles my mind is half of you can't remember the GlockLeg wave beginning in the early 90s and I wasn't even around back then.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
M&P without any reservations about the decision.

I'm far from a S&W fan, but the M&P 2.0 is a stellar striker fired polymer framed handgun.

If you want to expand your consideration then find a HK VP9 and VP9SK to handle.  You might have your answer afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Should I be rally be worried about the Sig potential discharge issues? Or just go with the M&P?

View Quote

If you have this thought now, it may be a daily thought if you actually carry it.
May be best to carry the M&P but still get the Sig for more range fun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:50:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: elgin25] [#20]
I like the lower bore axis of the m&p better as well as how it fills out in my hands better, I haven't had the sign in 45, but I have had the 2.0 and it with an apex trigger was one of the most accurate 45 chambered pistols ive ever owned. I currently have the m&p 2.0 9mm metal frame and it is one of my favorites to carry, though I've been using my new hellcat pro lately. But I love the M&P line, have never had issues with any that I've had even the 1st gens, while the triggers weren't good, they worked every time. and far better than Glocks OEM trigger in every gen.

sig is ok but you have an already high bore axis, and I'd want to have more of a balanced weight which is lacking in the p320 45aacp.

I have had the m18-17 and likd thm, and the x5 legion was ok, but again nver had the 45 acp sig p320, I still liked the m&ps weight balance far better, and its thinner profile both in 9 and 45. that's me though your mileage may vary..

best bet is to go shoot a few, and see how they both feel when you carry them in your holster depending on whatever position you carry in too. what can you deploy faster with accuracy?

The Walther ppq 45 is also not a bad optio to check out, very reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#21]
Originally Posted By italianstallion95:

You guys have had over 7 years to present this, in the meantime we will just blame the sloppy cops. What boggles my mind is half of you can't remember the GlockLeg wave beginning in the early 90s and I wasn't even around back then.
View Quote

100% this!  Was a huge issue for glocks in the 90s.  Cops will be cops though, and improper handling is what was always the cause then as it is now.  Sad how many of our own people just love to blame a gun though...

I also want to  make this point about a BIG DOWNSIDE with the M&P 2.0, the grip texture is TOO AGGRESSIVE.  I know friends who have tried carrying it, and the grip rubs their skin raw.  It is like sandpaper.  Might be nice while shooting, but it is a big problem if carrying!  

Also, as many experts have said, those people who complain about "bore axis" are 9.5/10 times pseudo intellectuals who don't even shoot, and aren't great shots.

Plenty of videos out there disproving the "low bore axis is always better" cookie cutter mentality.  

Is BORE AXIS a MYTH? Testing Bore axis vs. Ergonomics vs. Weight
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#22]
M&P by a mile

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#23]

100% this!  Was a huge issue for glocks in the 90s.  Cops will be cops though, and improper handling is what was always the cause then as it is now.  Sad how many of our own people just love to blame a gun though...

I also want to  make this point about a BIG DOWNSIDE with the M&P 2.0, the grip texture is TOO AGGRESSIVE.  I know friends who have tried carrying it, and the grip rubs their skin raw.  It is like sandpaper.  Might be nice while shooting, but it is a big problem if carrying!  

Also, as many experts have said, those people who complain about "bore axis" are 9.5/10 times pseudo intellectuals who don't even shoot, and aren't great shots.

Plenty of videos out there disproving the "low bore axis is always better" cookie cutter mentality.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKg8Mlzyxro
View Quote

It was such a bad problem that Glock set up shop in the basement of the NYPD headquarters building to short out the problem. Officers were swearing they never touched the trigger and their Glock 17s would just go off. Some claimed they went off in the holster or while drawing or re-holstering. Turns out officers were use to a heavy and long 12# DA trigger and the 5.5# short striker fired trigger was too light for them. That is how we got the NY1 and NY2 trigger springs which pushed the trigger weight to 8# and 11#. Even then there would still be issues for years after. Glock still litigates claims of their pistols just going off on their own. Sig is extremely popular with LE right now so it’s no surprise that the P320 is suffering the same situation that Glock is facing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MK318:

It was such a bad problem that Glock set up shop in the basement of the NYPD headquarters building to short out the problem. Officers were swearing they never touched the trigger and their Glock 17s would just go off. Some claimed they went off in the holster or while drawing or re-holstering. Turns out officers were use to a heavy and long 12# DA trigger and the 5.5# short striker fired trigger was too light for them. That is how we got the NY1 and NY2 trigger springs which pushed the trigger weight to 8# and 11#. Even then there would still be issues for years after. Glock still litigates claims of their pistols just going off on their own. Sig is extremely popular with LE right now so it’s no surprise that the P320 is suffering the same situation that Glock is facing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MK318:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKg8Mlzyxro

💯
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]

@Ghostface

What flavor of the P320 is that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghostface] [#26]
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:

@Ghostface

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HomeAtLast:

@Ghostface

@HomeAtLast

It's a basic P320 carry in .40, I sent it to  PMM to be milled for the optic and purchased the sights along with an AXG frame. Too bad Sig doesn't make this as a Item but because it's a .40 I had to do all this myself....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top