User Panel

Site Notices
Micro Dagger-When? (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:
I never thought I'd see a bigger clusterfuck than the Compact Dagger.  The Compact Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2020.  We were told at the time that the Compact Dagger would ship in March 2020.  PSA started accepting orders (not preorders) for the Compact Dagger in September 2020.  The Compact Dagger pistols ordered in September 2020 didn't ship until May 2021.  By definition, a clusterfuck.  The Micro Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2022.  We were told at the time that the Compact Dagger would ship in six to nine months.  And after the Compact Dagger debacle, you know the July to October 2022 Micro Dagger ship date was extremely conservative.  Yet here we are, almost November 2023.  We can debate whether the Compact Dagger or Micro Dagger is a bigger clusterfuck.  In either case, PSA has this down to a science.
View Quote

Telling the truth like that gets you banned from the Facebook groups
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I never thought I'd see a bigger clusterfuck than the Compact Dagger.  The Compact Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2020.  We were told at the time that the Compact Dagger would ship in March 2020.  PSA started accepting orders (not preorders) for the Compact Dagger in September 2020.  The Compact Dagger pistols ordered in September 2020 didn't ship until May 2021.  By definition, a clusterfuck.  The Micro Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2022.  We were told at the time that the Compact Dagger would ship in six to nine months.  And after the Compact Dagger debacle, you know the July to October 2022 Micro Dagger ship date was extremely conservative.  Yet here we are, almost November 2023.  We can debate whether the Compact Dagger or Micro Dagger is a bigger clusterfuck.  In either case, PSA has this down to a science.
View Quote
I'm still waiting on the MP5
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Welcome back man
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 11:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wickedbeernut] [#4]
Originally Posted By DavidY: Telling the truth like that gets you banned from the Facebook groups
View Quote
It's any Internet group or forum owned, moderated and/or sponsored by PSA, not just Facebook groups.

I was banned from the ar15.com Industry / Palmetto State Armory forum within days of the Compact Dagger first shipping in May 2021 for posting a link to a YouTube video critical of the Compact Dagger.

I was banned from the PSA Dagger forum for helping a forum member identify a Compact Dagger issue through private messages.  In other words, PSA was spying on my private messages.

I was member #35 of the now 16K-member PSA Dagger Facebook Group in May 2021.  I helped grow the group.  At the time, the group was considered technical in nature, respectful, minimally repetitive, and unmoderated.  There wasn't a single PSA employee in the group.  PSA has since hijacked the group and it's an unmanageable mess.  Members are allowed to be abusive.  The same questions are asked over and over.

Of course, the GlockTalk Dagger thread I spent thousands of hours developing with the sole purpose of helping GlockTalk and other community members was deleted. The thread was commonly referred to as the "Dagger bible". I didn't profit from the content in any way, shape, or form. The content was technical in nature and factual.  However, PSA is a GlockTalk "Vendor Member" ... the only "Vendor Member" at the time my thread was deleted (there are currently two Vendor Members).

The list goes on and on.  But you're correct.  Be careful in telling the truth about the Compact Dagger (or Micro Dagger) on Internet groups and forums owned, moderated or sponsored by PSA.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I never thought I'd see a bigger clusterfuck than the Compact Dagger.  The Compact Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2020.  We were told at the time that the Compact Dagger would ship in March 2020.  PSA started accepting orders (not preorders) for the Compact Dagger in September 2020.  The Compact Dagger pistols ordered in September 2020 didn't ship until May 2021.  By definition, a clusterfuck.  The Micro Dagger debuted at SHOT Show (January) 2022.  We were told at the time that the Micro Dagger (ETA) would ship in six to nine months.  And after the Compact Dagger debacle, you know the July to October 2022 Micro Dagger ship date was extremely conservative.  Yet here we are, almost November 2023.  We can debate whether the Compact Dagger or Micro Dagger is a bigger clusterfuck.  In either case, PSA has this down to a science.
View Quote

One week out from 2024
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cervelorider:

One week out from 2024
View Quote
I mean they've been trickling them out every day now for about 3 weeks.  Yeah it's pretty weird they only want to sell like 10 per day, not sure if they're just trying to generate FOMO hype or if they honestly can't make them fast enough, but they are arguably now "released".
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Christmas Festivus- grab 'em quick.  $340
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-micro-9mm-pistol-shield-cut-black-dlc.html?___store=default
View Quote
No reason to even announce it, they are always gone before the ink is even dry on the post.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the Daily Deals email while I happened to be checking my email.   Decided to opemn it and saw them.  I added it to the cart then went looking to see if they had mags in stock but remembered last time I did that so I went ahead and ordered one.  I got the order notification then I got the Back in Stock email and they were there for a few minutes before being sold out.  

Last two guns I've ordered from PSA I've had to call about and they had to go look for them before telling me that yep, they were available for pickup.  Hopefully this goes smoother but I'm going to have to wait on mags and try to find a holster for it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the Daily Deals email while I happened to be checking my email.   Decided to opemn it and saw them.  I added it to the cart then went looking to see if they had mags in stock but remembered last time I did that so I went ahead and ordered one.  I got the order notification then I got the Back in Stock email and they were there for a few minutes before being sold out.  

Last two guns I've ordered from PSA I've had to call about and they had to go look for them before telling me that yep, they were available for pickup.  Hopefully this goes smoother but I'm going to have to wait on mags and try to find a holster for it.
View Quote
Check for the mags in the mornings around 11am eastern, they've restocked pretty regularly the past few weeks as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Check for the mags in the mornings around 11am eastern, they've restocked pretty regularly the past few weeks as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_Man:

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll try to keep an eye out.  Any ideas on holsters for them?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll try to keep an eye out.  Any ideas on holsters for them?
View Quote
Should fit most for the 43x/48 MOS depending on the slide length.  Needs to be the MOS type because those are the glock models with the accessory rail.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m waiting on the 20 and 26 clones.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
PSA must make these in batches of 3 at a time, every six to eight weeks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SouthernGunHand:
No reason to even announce it, they are always gone before the ink is even dry on the post.
View Quote

I agree. 100%
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:41:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chadweasel] [#16]
I ended up caving and buying a micro frame to host my spare 43x mos slide.
I just picked the frame up a little bit ago.
Right off the bat my mos slide would bind up when racked all the way back. Sometimes it would release on its own after a second or two. Other times I had to slap the rear of the slide.
I ran 1 PSA mag through it with this issue and stopped to investigate at home.
My standard 43 and 43x slides seem to move freely on the frame and I don’t expect to have problems with those.
I swapped barrels from my 43 slide to my 43x mos slide and the slide moves freely in that configuration.
Maybe I’ll hit the range again tomorrow to see how it runs.
Overall I really like the way the frame feels. Not sure I like the trigger but I was planning on replacing it anyway.

The frame does not fit in my JMCK holster but does fit my Bladetech, Tenicor and Eclipse holsters
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I just checked PSA website, two Micro Daggers in stock $359.   I never noticed this option before as it is a 4.15” barrel slide with no porting or comp.  Basically a Glock 48 clone.   Good looking gun with free shipping plus FDE model in stock.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger-micro-x-1-complete-9mm-pistol-non-threaded-barrel-black-dlc.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally got one
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally got one
View Quote

Cant see the pics,,,or your review…
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Finally got one
View Quote

Pics or it didn't happen.  I've never posted that on this site but these things are so rare......
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Lol, just when I find a PSA pistol to augment my Sig 365XL it's of course vaporware.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:

Pics or it didn't happen.  I've never posted that on this site but these things are so rare......
View Quote

It happened.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:18:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SouthernGunHand] [#23]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

Cant see the pics,,,or your review
View Quote
I'll do some shooting this weekend. See above for pic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just snagged a C1! They're in stock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#25]

It happened.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/159722/MicroDagger-3081877.jpg
View Quote

Is that a "micro-Dagger"?  Looks like the full sized to me.  I was talking about the Micro-Daggers never being available.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#26]
Picked mine up about an hour ago.  

First impressions, in no particular order.

Fit and finish is very good; definitely feels better in my hands than the Glock 43X and I like the texture plus no retarded finger nub thingy
Points just a hair high for me, which is still better than stock Glocks and not bad- maybe 1/3 of the front dot high and can be fixed with a little practice
Holy crap the magazine baseplate needed a little sanding; I wear large sized gloves and slapping a magazine in it pinched the skin on my hand.  Five minutes with some fine grit sandpaper fixed that for the most part but a small magwell would be better.  A plug in the base of the grip might possibly work too.
The crossed cannons logo takedown button on the magazine baseplate is a neat attention to detail
Only comes with one magazine and extras are like $34- Boo!  I ordered two more when they popped up today so I'll wait until they get here to go shooting.  If I decide to keep the gun I'll order more, while griping about the cost of them.  
15 +1 rounds!
No issues with the mag release, mag drops free loaded or empty
Needs a slide release, not a slide stop; I hate slide stops and this is too small making it difficult to use as a release.  If you prefer slide stops, well that's your problem because you learned to shoot with the wrong handgun (I also have arthritis starting in my left thumb, which is my problem).  It looks like a different design than the G43 series so the Vicker's, which is far superior to anything Glock has produced, isn't going to work.
Slide texturing is nice and deeper than a lot of what's out there; some molded ears would be welcomed on a smaller gun like this though even though I plan to put a red dot on it at some point (I would have ordered it with one had they been available but hey, at least I got the gun right?).
The red dot base plate fits nice and it comes with extra screws with Loctite already on them
Sights are Glock 43 style three dot, if you don't like them there are plenty of options but these are at least metal and not junk plastic.
The trigger is a bit gritty as is the reset but I haven't cleaned it yet so I'm not judging it yet.  It'll probably get broken down and a .25 trigger job like every other Glock style gun I've owned. I like the width, although I'm not used to a hinged trigger.
The case is nice; I'm assuming it's PSA's standard pistol case since it swallows the Micro.  Nice, but I'd rather have saved the $15 personally.  There's a pouch with a lock in it that should hold a 9mm suppressor when I put a regular sized gun in the bag  
No instruction manual- heck yeah! America!  No stupid billboard warnings on the gun itself either. If you manage to shoot yourself you were too stupid to own a handgun anyways.  It's essentially a Glock, if you can handle a Glock you can handle a Dagger, or a Micro Dagger.

Additional notes:

I should have bought a red dot while I was in the store
I want to try the C-1 slide and see what I think of the comp.  
Holsters- more holster manufactures need to jump on this.  
The staff were friendly and helpful even though they were short staffed as usual.  Wow- they sold a TON of stuff during Christmas.  I passed through Columbia before Christmas and they had a lot more in stock.  I was going to pick up a Dagger frame since I was already filling out paperwork and they were completely out of them- all of them, and both sizes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Is that a "micro-Dagger"?  Looks like the full sized to me.  I was talking about the Micro-Daggers never being available.
View All Quotes

It happened.

It's a C-1 Micro with the comp made into the slide.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#28]
They (Micro Dagger) are back in stock as of now. I just ordered one
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
It is.

Overall dimensions with that slide are close to a G48.  Which is to say it's similar overall to a G19 except for having a thinner width, so from that angle it's not really that "micro" looking, but in the hand you can really tell from the thinner profile.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Yes, look close at dust cover, it says micro.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

It happened.

That is the G48 length, P365 Xmacro CompESQUE, version.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Only comes with one magazine and extras are like $34- Boo!  
View Quote

"We're PSA, and we hate you"

Just a few dollars less that HK magazines at many websites.  But if they work better than, and are cheaper than the 15rd competition, there you go.  

I wonder if they've completely discontinued the original $29.99 version now that they're already in a Gen2 version of the slick versions?
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

View Quote

And we're still out of stock lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I don't think they hate us, it just seems a bit out of line with PSA's overall philosophy but then again, they're probably more expensive to make.  They're in line with what other manufacturers are charging, but I think that's generally too high too, especially Sig (Mec-Gar for the big win there) and HK.  

The stock thing is a whole different can of worms that I haven't figured out; too many popular projects at one time I suppose.  I still can't figure out why what should be the flagship store is a couple of miles from the manufacturing facility but is out of more stuff and can't seem to get it in, than their outlying stores.  I understand being low on inventory after Christmas, but when I stopped by several times over two or so months while passing through Columbia and they hadn't been restocked on buffers it really makes you scratch your head.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By boolzi:

Cant see the pics,,,or your review
View Quote
100 rounds so far, zero malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:45:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Is it in stock or isn't it...?

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Lame. I saw that and the complete C-1 “in stock.” Added to cart and got that out of stock messsge.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
Lame. I saw that and the complete C-1 “in stock.” Added to cart and got that out of stock messsge.
View Quote

Yup, it's doing that with the C-1 also. Luckily, I snagged one on the 4th and it shipped today! I just want a frame to make a 43x later.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Micro frames are showing in-stock.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Epizza66:
Micro frames are showing in-stock.
View Quote

They're showing as in stock, but they really aren't...
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Added a magwell today.

Yes those are real scratches from me trying to stuff this thing into a Raven and Bravo Concealment holster meant for the G48m. It will NOT fit. I'm looking for a holster if anyone has any working recommendations that will fit the C-1.

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#42]
C-1s are in stock. Only sniper green.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
@SouthernGunHand- where'd that magwell come from or did you print it?  I need one, in black.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#44]
@SouthernGunHand- where'd that magwell come from or did you print it?  I need one, in black.  
View Quote

eBay jth_printed_designs

it's rough like sandpaper, but it does what I want it to. And it's only 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#45]

eBay jth_printed_designs

it's rough like sandpaper, but it does what I want it to. And it's only 20 bucks.
View All Quotes

eBay jth_printed_designs

Thanks.  Pretty crazy, he should use your picture- it looks better there than in the ones he has advertising them.  I don't know much about 3D printing but it says it can sanded so I'll probably order one and see what I think.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:39:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Added a magwell today.

Yes those are real scratches from me trying to stuff this thing into a Raven and Bravo Concealment holster meant for the G48m. It will NOT fit. I'm looking for a holster if anyone has any working recommendations that will fit the C-1.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/159722/Dagger2-3090505.jpg
View Quote

Safariland Solis for OWB.   Fits snugger than my 43x does in it, but still fits acceptably.  Haven't got an IWB yet - I have my own Kydex and a toaster oven, will prob make my own for that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Micro frames are in stock. Just got one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Added a magwell today.

View Quote

Where did you get the magwell?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Hotwhls66:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hotwhls66:
Added a magwell today.

@Hotwhls66  Scroll up
Page / 3
Micro Dagger-When? (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top