Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#1]
@gunwolf

Pretty nice work Sir
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunwolf:

yes I did and yes... Aluminum frame. First time checkering aluminum. Cerakote will be here this week.. then blast and paint.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Did you do that? Is that AL?

yes I did and yes... Aluminum frame. First time checkering aluminum. Cerakote will be here this week.. then blast and paint.

Looks good
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fordtough25] [#3]
First Tisas, super nice and first 50 rounds were smooth! This pistol is accurate and fun! I have the Patriot model.

Also is my older Kimber who is a shooter too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
So dig this one...excellent finish on it.
1st Tisas I bought...from the Black Friday thread 1.5 yrs ago.
Accurate as hell too !
3 days in a row went shooting...

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:09:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#5]
Thats a good looking pistol Sir!!

Question for those that sent in for recall work -
How long was the turn around for you guys?

Sent mine in and according to tracking it was delivered 3/11/24 @ 1122A. Not stressed, just curious.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]

by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Oh yeah!!  That is a sweet banger!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My 6 Tisas 1911's.  The two in the bottom right are 9mm, the rest are .45ACP.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
My 6 Tisas 1911's.  The two in the bottom right are 9mm, the rest are .45ACP.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53632294356_a9343bd85e_k.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53631414942_2b479cea4f_k.jpg
View Quote
Nice family.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Tisas A1 Patriot 1911 Shooting & Review!!!!

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I am fighting the NIGHTMARE of the Fedex delivery with the return of my Raider. SDS sent it as required, someone 21 or older has to sign, but Fedex tries delivering during a time of day they have to be at least aware no one is home. And once it is sent that way there is no scheduling or holding for pick up. Fucking annoying!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MSOGDAWG:
I am fighting the NIGHTMARE of the Fedex delivery with the return of my Raider. SDS sent it as required, someone 21 or older has to sign, but Fedex tries delivering during a time of day they have to be at least aware no one is home. And once it is sent that way there is no scheduling or holding for pick up. Fucking annoying!!
View Quote

Signature requirements for packages are an absolute pain in the ass.  It's a big reason why I'm just not going to send mine in for the recall.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Taking the JSOC for Tuesday night shoot tomorrow to change it up

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By M41A:

Signature requirements for packages are an absolute pain in the ass.  It's a big reason why I'm just not going to send mine in for the recall.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M41A:
Originally Posted By MSOGDAWG:

Yes, the anal attitude about shipping firearms is manifesting the desired effect.

In the long run though it may force people to be more willing to work on their own firearms.

It's not rocket science and there's a lot of information available on line about any gun, you will probably need to bite the bullet and buy a few tools though - well worth it IMHO.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:46:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#16]
Originally Posted By piperpa24:
Yes, the anal attitude about shipping firearms is manifesting the desired effect.

In the long run though it may force people to be more willing to work on their own firearms.

It's not rocket science and there's a lot of information available on line about any gun, you will probably need to bite the bullet and buy a few tools though - well worth it IMHO.

View Quote

True statement Sir!!  I can say for about 95% of the time I do handle my own "smithin". I am also not ashamed to say Im not familiar with the 1911 enough to be comfortable YET....that will change. Tools....man I got tools LOL. I have a whole setup....a nice set for the pasture, a nice set for the shop and a helluva nice set for all kindsa gun work. Im an LE "armorer" (for what that may be worth) for Glocks, SIG pistols & rifles, Remington, DPMS, Bushmaster, Mossberg & MP5s (not an "official H&K" certificate). Note i said I have a certificate - that means I went to the school and have the books for referencing. I DO NOT think of myself as "certified". Competent....yes, Confident....yes. Could I have maybe done the fix....possibly, anything is possible.  This very well could've been the learning moment I should've exploited but my schedule was mainly what dictated my returning it to SDS for the recall.

The shipping of anything firearm nowadays is friggin stoopid!!  The scene from Band of Brothers comes to mind where the young Paratrooper got a package from home in which his hometown Chief of Police INTERNATIONALLY MAILED him a pistol....where are those days????  We need mail order, ship to home capabilities brought back!!

I did however get my pistol delivered today, without any further delay.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#17]
@TNVC_Augee

Your JSOC with that Ol skewl SF is BEAUTIFUL. You have inspired my next quest in the 1911 world or at least clouded my thinking now....

It makes me think of some OG LAPD SWAT dudes

Im actually torn now....build your style or continue my self taught, self built MEUSOC
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:31:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#18]
@TNVC_Augee

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Picked up a Surefire 310R and a KC customs extended pin slide lock for it. Also ordered a LED upgrade P60 drop in from Malkoff. Now ai just need the gun
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh my Wife is gonna love when I tell her "babe it's not me....it is this Augee dude online"

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Slide and frame are slightly different shades of parkerising.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Originally Posted By JWnTN:

Can you point out the blem?

Slide and frame are slightly different shades of parkerising.

Unless it was during WWI OR WWII, when 1911's were issued from Viet Nam forward, it was unusual if they matched.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Tisas 1911 Pic Thread (Page 7 of 7)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top