Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
MAC Hi Cap in stock here.  Priced at MSRP.
View Quote

BattleHawk screwed me earlier this week on an order, I will not be foing
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Will be waiting till several of these are out in the wild with reviews before  purchasing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

BattleHawk screwed me earlier this week on an order, I will not be foing
View Quote

What did they do? I suspect they are mainly a drop shipper which can lead to issues in my experience. I bought a upper from them that wasn't as described and it took a bit of back and forth before they fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

What did they do? I suspect they are mainly a drop shipper which can lead to issues in my experience. I bought an upper from them that wasn't as described and it took a bit of back and forth before they fixed the issue.
View Quote

We had a little back-and-forth as well. but ultimately I placed a pistol order At the advertise price, they canceled it immediately saying it was a pricing error- I’m not talking about some odd add to card discount— I paid the sticker price on the website it was about 40% off of the going rate.

Had to confirm that I was committing to the price and terms, including a 20% cancellation fee—then I got canceled

I asked for some type of instore credit towards a future purchase , for such a gross negligence-also denied

A search of Better Business Bureau and Reddit showed this exact thing happened multiple times

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#5]

We had a little back-and-forth as well. but ultimately I placed a pistol order At the advertise price, they canceled it immediately saying it was a pricing error- I’m not talking about some odd add to card discount— I paid the sticker price on the website it was about 40% off of the going rate.

Had to confirm that I was committing to the price and terms, including a 20% cancellation fee—then I got canceled

I asked for some type of instore credit towards a future purchase , for such a gross negligence-also denied

A search of Better Business Bureau and Reddit showed this exact thing happened multiple times

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What did they do? I suspect they are mainly a drop shipper which can lead to issues in my experience. I bought an upper from them that wasn't as described and it took a bit of back and forth before they fixed the issue.

This sucks to hear. I was looking at buying a Tisas from them since their price is really good. Never ordered from them but an Arf search made it seem like they were g2g
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

This sucks to hear. I was looking at buying a Tisas from them since their price is really good. Never ordered from them but an Arf search made it seem like they were g2g
View Quote

Check the BBB and google reviews… there’s pics including mine
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Pricing errors are common with drop shippers and that sucks. I don't hold that stuff against them because I've been on the other side too many times. On my order the upper I ordered showed a different configuration I had never seen and it was only a few bucks more than the standard. When it showed up it was the standard and when I went back to check the website the standard was the only one there. A lot of these guys pull info right from the distributors so if the info is bad they just rebroadcast that bad info. When(if) the distributor changes the info it will eventually correct on the website.

For the most part I dislike the whole drop shipping game but unfortunately I am guilty of supporting it because sometimes the pricing difference is large. A lot of them add little to no value.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#10]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6J7ozAsqwM
View Quote

He's got a funny accent for living in Turkey.  1:40 in the video

I'm kidding- Gaines has been a good friend of mine for over a decade.  He and some of the other guys at SDS are why I have faith in what they're doing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 7:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#11]
I just ordered a pair of Commander length Tisas from a distributor.  I will post a review.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Any plans for a compact? I would love one but ultimately I live in commieland where only thugs have mags over 15rds for handguns.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 6:35:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#13]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
I just ordered a pair of Commander length Tisas from a distributor.  I will post a review.
View Quote

@dogtired

sweet! thats the model im wanting. Looking forward to what you think!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
A little photo montage of the Tisas 1911 DS Carry (4.25"). Scale pic is with mag inserted, makes Carry Optic weight in IDPA if that interests you.  Straight out of the box, wiped off with an old bar napkin.

Overall appearance is that this is not a Wilson Combat, not a Prodigy even.  It has a very utilitarian appearance, Cerakote is done well.  Crisp engagement of the ambi safety, slide action is smooth, Trigger pull is 7.5-8# measured (7#12*), reset is pretty good.  The trigger is not adjustable, but at this price point that should be no suprise.

I loaded the mags and both would take 18, one was very firm at 18, the other was reloadable with a firm tap.  They seem good quality, basepads are plastic with a button for fast disassembly.  They have a full length rib to the bottom of the mag which seems a reliable design.

Next view is of the optic cut, it should be RMS-c/Holosun K footprint.  Looking at some Youtube the rear sight is supposed to be a Glock cut.  This should still make IDPA weight with an optic installed.

Just a size/weight comparison to my carry gun, G48.  Both guns are loaded to capacity, or carry weight:

The grip is attractive but may require some traction depending on your tastes, this would be a great grip against your skin.  Decent sized hole for reloads, it does not appear upgradable for a magwell.

Random parts, Barrel looks ok but the barrel face has some rough milling, no recessed crown;  Fired at the factory; GI guide rod, short bushing.

Overall appearance is that this is not a Wilson Combat, not a Prodigy even.  It has a very utilitarian appearance, Cerakote is done well.  Crisp engagement of the ambi safety, slide action is smooth, Trigger pull is 7.5-8# measured (7#12*), reset is pretty good.  The trigger is not adjustable, but at this price point that should be no suprise.

I loaded the mags and both would take 18, one was very firm at 18, the other was reloadable with a firm tap.  They seem good quality, basepads are plastic with a button for fast disassembly.  They have a full length rib to the bottom of the mag which seems a reliable design.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#15]
7.5-8 pound trigger? That’s pretty bad for any gun at any price point. Hope that’s not the normal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
The second one I have was 7.5#.  Not a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Trigger pull is 7.5-8# measured
View Quote

Geez. Is this a 2011 or a double action revolver?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:24:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#18]
A MAC threaded barrel option would be nice.

I had hoped Springfield was going to offer some new Prodigy options at SHOT but that didn't happen.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#19]
A little photo montage of the Tisas 1911 DS Carry (4.25"). Scale pic is with mag inserted, makes Carry Optic weight in IDPA if that interests you.  Straight out of the box, wiped off with an old bar napkin.
https://i.postimg.cc/zG3k547v/tisas-pic-1.jpg

Next view is of the optic cut, it should be RMS-c/Holosun K footprint.  Looking at some Youtube the rear sight is supposed to be a Glock cut.  This should still make IDPA weight with an optic installed.
https://i.postimg.cc/br3QfR21/tisas_optic_cut.jpg

Just a size/weight comparison to my carry gun, G48.  Both guns are loaded to capacity, or carry weight:
https://i.postimg.cc/Ls1BgfrM/Tisas_under_glock.jpg

The grip is attractive but may require some traction depending on your tastes, this would be a great grip against your skin.  Decent sized hole for reloads, it does not appear upgradable for a magwell.
https://i.postimg.cc/7YKNFqgj/tisas_grip.jpg

Random parts, Barrel looks ok but the barrel face has some rough milling, no recessed crown;  Fired at the factory; GI guide rod, short bushing.
https://i.postimg.cc/pL7JdkcZ/tisas_pano_parts.jpg

View Quote

Since you have the carry model can you take this measurement for me since no one else can.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:51:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#20]
I tried a Holosun PL2 and a TLR1 and both do not fit this rail.  Here is what you seek:

I dug up a Holosun K and screwed it on, super tight fit.  Installed sights line up with a lower 1/3 visibility.

I ran out to the shop and found a stock Ruger SR1911 sear spring and installed it.  Trigger pull dropped from 7.5# to 4.5# with no other adjustment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I tried a Holosun PL2 and a TLR1 and both do not fit this rail.  Here is what you seek:
https://i.postimg.cc/SN5BMndf/IMG_9935.jpg

I dug up a Holosun K and screwed it on, super tight fit.  Installed sights line up with a lower 1/3 visibility.
https://i.postimg.cc/pXFgH2QG/IMG_9936.jpg

I ran out to the shop and found a stock Ruger SR1911 sear spring and installed it.  Trigger pull dropped from 7.5# to 4.5# with no other adjustment.
View Quote

A damn TLR1 can't fit?!? Fuck. That sucks to hear. Thanks for that. Guess I am waiting to see what else they bring.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

A damn TLR1 can't fit?!? Fuck. That sucks to hear. Thanks for that. Guess I am waiting to see what else they bring.
View Quote

Just my opinion but there’s no logical reason to not have a full rail anymore. It’s called a dust cover for a reason and exposed slide bottoms are an ingress liability before you even get to the poor light mounting problems.

A TLR7 might work on these though. I’m a big fan of what SDS is doing but this is hopefully needed learning they can readjust to.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:31:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#24]
Remember this is Commander.  I think the rail length is an issue with them, the Govt length should fit the full size lights (they fit on my Tisas Govt single stacks).

No way to fit as the key on the light is not close to the pic rail notches.

I did not zero the optic, just did a mag dump test.  POA with a dot off another gun is at the magazine basepad.  I will get out and zero optic and see how the accuracy fares.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Any chance the TLR-1 will fit with one of the different rail keys installed?
View All Quotes
I tried a Holosun PL2 and a TLR1 and both do not fit this rail.

Any chance the TLR-1 will fit with one of the different rail keys installed?

That’s what I was going to ask. I know in the past there’s been fit issues because of different rail specs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Just my opinion but there’s no logical reason to not have a full rail anymore. It’s called a dust cover for a reason and exposed slide bottoms are an ingress liability before you even get to the poor light mounting problems.

A TLR7 might work on these though. I’m a big fan of what SDS is doing but this is hopefully needed learning they can readjust to.
View Quote

Weight is an issue for some along with aesthetics. I love full dust covers. Another issue used to be holsters I don’t know if that’s still the case. When I bought my full rail operator there were very limited options.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe just anecdotal, but I handled all three of the Tisas 2011's in their booth at SHOT, and I was impressed by fit, finish, and overall quality look of the guns.

Triggers were NOT 7-8lbs.  They were quite good, IMHO
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogtired] [#28]
My two examples are off the production line, sequential numbers.  Both of my single stacks had decent triggers.  A sear spring tune is very minor if that is all it will take.  I had edited my earlier post, you may not have read it.  A Ruger sear spring I had in the parts box lowered the trigger pull to 4#6*.

I forget how to embed Youtube, 4 magazine burn down (only 2 on video) right out of the box.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:08:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Weight is an issue for some along with aesthetics. I love full dust covers. Another issue used to be holsters I don’t know if that’s still the case. When I bought my full rail operator there were very limited options.
View All Quotes

I would like a full rail, but I agree on the weight thing, it isn't needed. They should have just put the rail from the full sized or MAC version on the Carry model.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Wish I would have seen this thread earlier. Here's my 1 hour old B9R DS Carry. Guess what the problem is...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Does the TLR-7 fit?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Does the TLR-7 fit?
View Quote

None of them fit. It feels like an out of spec distance from the first slot to the front of the trigger guard. That and having only 3 slots.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Advance:

None of them fit. It feels like an out of spec distance from the first slot to the front of the trigger guard. That and having only 3 slots.
View All Quotes
Does the TLR-7 fit?

That is really disappointing. The model i was interested in the most is so disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

That is really disappointing. The model i was interested in the most is so disappointing.
View Quote

Update from the gun shop. We laid out a B9R DS Carry (3 slots) and B9R DS Duty (4 slot) and played around with all my lights, some of their lights.

Below applies to the Carry (3 slot model): X300U a or b will not work. TLR-1HL will not work. Older TLR-7A will not work. Newer TLR-7A Flex will work (it has new types of keys vs. older model). TLR-VIR II will not work.

I was issued a store credit and they ordered me the TISAS B9R DS Duty model that has 4 slots on the rail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#36]
In the video above it shows an X300 working. I wonder if they modified it because you’re not the only person saying none of the keys can get any of the common lights to mount.

ETA: Half of me thinks they just used the clamping force to hold it to the gun. I REALLY hope that’s not the case but it looks like the lug would be right at the very end of the frame if not after it. (Keep in mind the pic lug on the X300 is forward of the clamp screw quite a bit where the mount starts to taper at the front.)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#37]
In the video above it shows an X300 working. I wonder if they modified it because you’re not the only person saying none of the keys can get any of the common lights to mount.

ETA: Half of me thinks they just used the clamping force to hold it to the gun. I REALLY hope that’s not the case but it looks like the lug would be right at the very end of the frame if not after it. (Keep in mind the pic lug on the X300 is forward of the clamp screw quite a bit where the mount starts to taper at the front.)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3185_png-3131559.JPG
View Quote

They took the recoil lug out of the light. When clamped in that fashion, the Surefire's metal clamp is only 51% engaged. We replicated that setup about an hour ago at the gun shop. The thumbscrew on the X300 is sitting right on the edge of the end of the B9R's rail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:48:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#38]

They took the recoil lug out of the light. When clamped in that fashion, the Surefire's metal clamp is only 51% engaged. We replicated that setup about an hour ago at the gun shop.
View Quote

That’s what I wondered. People were doing that on the HK45C I think it was and they would never stay.

I’ll wait for the Mac version I guess.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#39]

That’s what I wondered. People were doing that on the HK45C I think it was and they would never stay.

I’ll wait for the Mac version I guess.
View Quote

Reddit says the MAC shorty comes with 4 slots so it should be a non issue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Reddit says the MAC shorty comes with 4 slots so it should be a non issue.
View Quote

Yep, just don’t like that MAC model loses the rear sight. I think it looks a lot better though so it evens out I guess.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Handled the Nightstalker…. If the trigger didn’t suck, I would’ve bought it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Pic you can use when someone tells you a X300U-A will fit on the Carry model:
Attachment Attached File

It doesn't take much of a stretch to picture how the X300U-B doesn't work either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#44]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Glad it fits on the MAC version. Just wish they used a four slot frame on the carry model as well. I don't want or need all the extras on the MAC model vs the Carry model.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#47]
My two examples are off the production line, sequential numbers.  Both of my single stacks had decent triggers.  A sear spring tune is very minor if that is all it will take.  I had edited my earlier post, you may not have read it.  A Ruger sear spring I had in the parts box lowered the trigger pull to 4#6*.

I forget how to embed Youtube, 4 magazine burn down (only 2 on video) right out of the box.
View Quote

Im really curious why you replace a sear spring rather than adjusting it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Because it took 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Anybody have experienced with taking off the MAC optics plate cover? It looks like an Agency AOS cut and I know with those you’re supposed to lift from the front of the pistol first. I took the two screws off but the thing won’t budge and I don’t want to start beating on the slide with a brass drift just yet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Never mind. I used a brass punch that roughly matched the ID of the cover plate screw hole and used the punch for leverage. The fit/finish so far is giving me high hopes for this thing.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top