BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By phred119:

Go high, you can always file it down if it’s too high for your liking. You can’t easily add material to a sight that is too short.
View Quote

Duh... I'm a tard. I've even done it before with a Glock front sight.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Very interested in a 5" duty version. Are there any Fiber Optic front sights available for the Tisas front cut?
I didn't see anything on Dawson's website.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:52:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Has anyone found that they can push the slide stop out of the MAC when the slide is fully forward? On my particular sample the internal lobe is just short enough to allow the slide stop to come out without lining up the take down notch.

Measuring the internal foot of the slide stop gives me .243 inches. Other slide stops on hand measure anywhere from .10 to .15 inches taller.

Is mine a fluke or is this a MAC thing?
View Quote
I just tried on mine, if I both hold the stop downward and push on the strut, it's tight but I can get it to push out with the slide forward.  I'll keep an eye on it when firing to see if it starts to walk.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I fit a Novak FO front sight with little difficulty.  The Novak pin does not line up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:33:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZYA_LTR] [#6]
Originally Posted By Advance:
BTW... Just got off the phone with Springfield Armory. The Prodigy grip module is only $39. Sure beats the $350-650 I've seen for other 2011 style grip modules out on the web. They are now out of stock but I was going to pick one up b/c I heard they fit the DS 9 with just a little trimming.

SA Part: PH0534

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2024-02-28_104035_png-3143871.JPG
View Quote

Wondering if you made any headway with the Prodigy grip swap idea?

I ordered a Prodigy grip for my new Tisas Nightstalker, but it looks like i need a few more parts, and possibly some trimming for grip safety aesthetics.  I want to try and not modify any factory Tisas parts in case it has to go in for warranty work, or to be able to return to factory setup, so:

1.--What i noticed was that the Prodigy uses a different mag release than the Tisas, so i will order one form Dawson precision for a 2011.

2.--When i assembled the prodigy grip on the Tisas frame, it fit fine, bolted up, but the mainspring housing will not fully seat to allow the pin to go in.  So i will just buy a new mainspring housing and guts.  I see EGW makes a Prodigy specific housing, but i see nowhere that states that a standard 2011 housing would not work, and i prefer to just buy all my parts from one vendor for now(Dawson).

3. When depressing the grip safety, it does not sit flush with the grip/frame, and sits a little proud of the grip.  I looked and measure with my calipers, and it looks like the ledge that the grip safety hits inside the Prodigy grip is not as deep as the Tisas grip, i think it is a combination of grip depth, and ledge location, i am tempted to file it down so when depressed, the safety is flush with frame,  but if it is aesthetic and not functional, i might leave it at first.  Plus getting in there with a small file would be a PITA i would rather avoid for now.

Everything else looks fine, so i am essentially going to buy a 2011 mag release, and a new mainspring housing and guts to build up for the prodigy grip and leave the Tisas one alone.  Should i buy the EGW Prodigy specific, or just grab the Dawson precision 2011 aluminum one?

Thanks

**EDIT** Spoke to the guys at Dawson, and they said that Springfield needs the specific MSH, and a regular 2011 MSH will not work.   Wonder if the Prodigy grip, will even play nice on the Tisas, deciding how deep in parts i want to dive before i give up on the project, i don't want to be stuck with it, but i am sure someone would buy a spare prodigy grip complete with mag release and upgraded aluminum MSH ready to swap out with.  The Tisas grip isn't that bad, i just like the feel of the Prodigy better.  This will easily turn into a $150ish grip project, which is far cheaper than any other 2011 grip modules, but not if i can't use it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#8]
Has anyone found that they can push the slide stop out of the MAC when the slide is fully forward? On my particular sample the internal lobe is just short enough to allow the slide stop to come out without lining up the take down notch.

Measuring the internal foot of the slide stop gives me .243 inches. Other slide stops on hand measure anywhere from .010 to .015 inches taller.

Is mine a fluke or is this a MAC thing?
View Quote

Mine pushes through in the wrong location if I hold the slide stop down.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ZYA_LTR:

Wondering if you made any headway with the Prodigy grip swap idea?

I ordered a Prodigy grip for my new Tisas Nightstalker, but it looks like i need a few more parts, and possibly some trimming for grip safety aesthetics.  I want to try and not modify any factory Tisas parts in case it has to go in for warranty work, or to be able to return to factory setup, so:

1.--What i noticed was that the Prodigy uses a different mag release than the Tisas, so i will order one form Dawson precision for a 2011.

2.--When i assembled the prodigy grip on the Tisas frame, it fit fine, bolted up, but the mainspring housing will not fully seat to allow the pin to go in.  So i will just buy a new mainspring housing and guts.  I see EGW makes a Prodigy specific housing, but i see nowhere that states that a standard 2011 housing would not work, and i prefer to just buy all my parts from one vendor for now(Dawson).

3. When depressing the grip safety, it does not sit flush with the grip/frame, and sits a little proud of the grip.  I looked and measure with my calipers, and it looks like the ledge that the grip safety hits inside the Prodigy grip is not as deep as the Tisas grip, i think it is a combination of grip depth, and ledge location, i am tempted to file it down so when depressed, the safety is flush with frame,  but if it is aesthetic and not functional, i might leave it at first.  Plus getting in there with a small file would be a PITA i would rather avoid for now.

Everything else looks fine, so i am essentially going to buy a 2011 mag release, and a new mainspring housing and guts to build up for the prodigy grip and leave the Tisas one alone.  Should i buy the EGW Prodigy specific, or just grab the Dawson precision 2011 aluminum one?

Thanks

**EDIT** Spoke to the guys at Dawson, and they said that Springfield needs the specific MSH, and a regular 2011 MSH will not work.   Wonder if the Prodigy grip, will even play nice on the Tisas, deciding how deep in parts i want to dive before i give up on the project, i don't want to be stuck with it, but i am sure someone would buy a spare prodigy grip complete with mag release and upgraded aluminum MSH ready to swap out with.  The Tisas grip isn't that bad, i just like the feel of the Prodigy better.  This will easily turn into a $150ish grip project, which is far cheaper than any other 2011 grip modules, but not if i can't use it.
View Quote

When did you order it? I was told backordered with no projected re-stock date.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Mine pushes through in he wrong location if I hold the slide stop down.
View Quote

Same for mine
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone know what the factory rate of the springs are on the 5” Tisas Duty 9mm DS?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]
MAC 9MM Double Stack (17+1 Rounds) - Review
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
A Tisas project manager has chimed in on the MAC slide stop issue in this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/2011/comments/1bnfgew/comment/kwq675p/?context=3
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Any news on If they are going to release adapter plates aftermarket or non aftermarket for the Tisas ds 9?

Also any information if they're going to Going to be releasing a or the Mac Magwell for the tisas? Does the Mac Magwell fit it or Do any mag Wells fit at all?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Shorty101st:
Any news on If they are going to release adapter plates aftermarket or non aftermarket for the Tisas ds 9?

Also any information if they're going to Going to be releasing a or the Mac Magwell for the tisas? Does the Mac Magwell fit it or Do any mag Wells fit at all?
View Quote
I'm guessing the magwell on the MAC will fit the Tisas models.  I took the one on my MAC off to look at the grip profile underneath and it looks just like the Tisas grips do.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Shorty101st:

View Quote

The MAC magwell fits on the Tisas grip, I just tried it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Eleven71 is working on MAC optics plates.  He'll hopefully have something ready very soon.
View Quote

I'd love for him to make a holosun K cut to other optic plate so I don't have to use a tiny ass K optic. It's absolute co-witness and I'd rather have no co-witness at all over that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#21]

When did you order it? I was told backordered with no projected re-stock date.
View Quote

About a week ago, it shipped out within a couple days.  They said out of stock when i initially called, but then it shipped and charged my card, so bonus.  Seems that a lot of parts are Prodigy specific though.  I bought the EGW prodigy MSH and it will now install and allow the pic to go in to retain the MSH in the grip, but the factory Tisas grip safety and EGW Prodigy MSH touch, which essentially renders the grip safety "pinned" in a way.  So if i want clearance for proper grips safety function, then i am looking at ordering the prodigy grip safety from EGW, or ordering another aftermarket safety that i can file/sand to fit and function properly, as my goal is to make this a swappable modification, keeping all the OG Tisas parts unmodified if i chose to return it to stock config.  I do prefer the Prodigy grip to the Tisas though, and it does look cool adding the black color to the grey slide/frame.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Maybe this will work for you:

https://atibal-optics.com/products/acro-to-rmsc-adapter-plate?_pos=2&_sid=6170b4871&_ss=r
View Quote

interesting, I'll hit the other guy up on insta as well, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Optic mounting issues-  I’m shooting low at 7-10 yards.   By low I mean 6-10” inches.   This is covered on Reddit as an issue for the Tisas DS9’s, and my particular gun is the full size ds9.  

I have a wedge in the way.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By 53x11:
Optic mounting issues-  I'm shooting low at 7-10 yards.   By low I mean 6-10" inches.   This is covered on Reddit as an issue for the Tisas DS9's, and my particular gun is the full size ds9.  

I have a wedge in the way.
View Quote
I was curious if that'd be an issue with the Tisas ones, since it seemed like a flat cut inline with the slide.

1911's have the barrel tilting about 1 degree down in relation to the slide at lockup, so usually the optic cut needs a forward-downward tilt to it to compensate.  The MAC version's optic plate has this built into it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 3:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#26]
Finally, a B9R review from one of the bigger YT channels (QVO)

The MOST AFFORDABLE 2011 On The Market! | Tisas 1911 B9R DS
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:55:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4nut] [#28]
I've been jonesing, extremely interested in a '2011', but didn't want to blow a ton of cash to find it didn't work for me.

I carry a Springfield RO Elite with an RMRcc daily.  I like the setup immensely.

Attachment Attached File

Found the Tisas carry double online for $634+ shipping, I decided to jump.
Wasn't going to put a $500+ optic on a $600 gun, so I went Vortex Defender CCW, which is an RMSc footprint.

So I had it out for just a short run~
75 rounds, and the sight in of the Vortex. The vortex, while a 6moa like my RMRs, is not an RMR. It's meh, but then again, it's $225.
No issues with feeding or ejection. Passed the 10-8 extractor test, all empties in the very same spot....in fact, I bet I could have placed a bucket there, and had them all go in.  Mags functioned perfectly.
Attachment Attached File

It doesn't feel like a 1911, except for the recoil impulse and cycling of the action.

Accuracy was great after the initial sighting of the dot. Sight in was done at 15 yards, but today's shoot was all at 20, as there were other shooters at the range, and limited target stands.

The six-pack target was all offhand, the two on the left were the last ones shot at.

This was a 50 yard shoot. To be honest, my eyes couldn't even see where I was hittin',
So I'm pleased with it for the first 75 rounds.
Attachment Attached File

Mags:
Searching the interwebs, some say that the Prodigy mags will work.
Yes and no.  They slide lock with the last round unfed.  My solution to this was the Dremel.....slowly and deliberately ground the follower where it meets the slide lock, until they didn't do it anymore. Mags tested, and they functioned fine.  All 100 rounds at this test, 100%.

So just 175 downrange, but it runs.

Today's range trip will be more mags tests, failure drills and 123/321 drills.

Don't think I'd carry it yet, because I prefer the single stack for carry, but a game gun, or range blaster, I think it'll fit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Lights;
The TLR3 fits great.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:55:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#30]
Originally Posted By m4nut:

Mags:
Searching the interwebs, some say that the Prodigy mags will work.
Yes and no.  They slide lock with the last round unfed.  My solution to this was the Dremel.....slowly and deliberately ground the follower where it meets the slide lock, until they didn't do it anymore. Mags tested, and they functioned fine.  All 100 rounds at this test, 100%.
View Quote

You can stick a round in a good mag and one in a bad one and easily see that the round is being held too high in the bad magazine (and thus allowing the follower to sit higher). All you have to do is get the feed lips to spec .355" front .345" back (+/- ~.010"). I dropped a towel over my vice and inserted the bad mag open side down and it took about 2-3 tries (this being my first "mag tuning") to get the feed lips back to spec. I wouldn't resort to removing material unless I was out of options.

2011 Magazine Part 1 2011 Magazine Bodies

2011 Magazine Part 2 2011 Magazine Tuning Overview

2011 Magazines Part 3 Mag Body Tuning

2011 Magazines Part 4 Tuning the Feed Lips

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I got to handle one of the Girsan 10mm at the LGS.

The trigger was pretty heavy. Other than that, pretty impressive for $950.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:38:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#33]
Colion Noir

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#34]
RDR Gear

The Tisas B9r Double stack 9mm. The most affordable 2011 of 2024!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RANDY_MAR5H] [#35]
Alright so I picked mine up last week. I'm just under 200 rounds in, but i've had this hiccup happen a few times.

I put the mag in, charge the gun. Ensure the slide is forward, safety on and locks into place. Gun goes in holster.

At draw, I depress the grip safety but the trigger won't go. It stops. Now if I apply around 12-14lb of pressure, then it goes off, but it feels significantly different. But every round after that is perfectly, fine. This happened a few times that range trip on two different mags that were included.

I'm hoping it'll work itself out after the break-in period. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, I dropped one of the mags (empty) on concrete and it combusted. This has happened before, but on a VP9 mag. I feel like the button isn't recessed enough into the base plates. Which is slightly annoying.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
These look amazing
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Second outing today. It's going back to Tisas if they approve me sending it back.

Same issue, charge the gun, safety on. Punch out, safety off. Trigger won't go all the way back. Confirm gun is in  battery, it is, still doesnt go back.

I'm at about 300 rounds and this happens way too often.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
In a Facebook users post it was announced that to mount the TLR1 to the 4.25” commander DS one must use the SW99/TSW key with some minor fitting.
View Quote

After experimenting with this I do not see this working.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:28:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#40]
Originally Posted By RANDY_MAR5H:
Second outing today. It's going back to Tisas if they approve me sending it back.

Same issue, charge the gun, safety on. Punch out, safety off. Trigger won't go all the way back. Confirm gun is in  battery, it is, still doesnt go back.

I'm at about 300 rounds and this happens way too often.
View Quote
Check that the disconnector is operating freely - not hanging up.

And if there is an overtravel screw on the trigger make sure it is turned out for troubleshooting - just a turn or two should do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By maxima2:
Check that the disconnector is operating freely - not hanging up.

And if there is an overtravel screw on the trigger make sure it is turned out for troubleshooting - just a turn or two should do.
View Quote

My gunsmith friend said the same thing. Likely the disconnector.

This is my first 19/2011 platform. I guess i'm a bit salty because I feel like if it is the disconnector hanging up, it may not have been installed correctly upon shipment.

TL;DR, i'm hoping the gunsmith at SDS in TN is more competent than the guy on the assembly line in Turkey was.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:
I got to handle one of the Girsan 10mm at the LGS.

The trigger was pretty heavy. Other than that, pretty impressive for $950.
View Quote

You may want to waite a bit for that one.
I bought 6" 10mm and am not so far impressed.
I need to shoot it on paper.
Sites seemed to be well lined out yet my half assed attempts at shooting steel yielded no positive feedback.
Further more, I shot reloads and a Starline case split up the side.
That's something I've only seen on an oversized chamber. (Hello hi point carbine)
Either a new case or once fired this was.
So factory crap 10mm to see if that's a thing with mine before I do any other thing to it.
Sumbitch is also painted and they are too cheap to include more than 1 mag.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#44]
So with some internet help I was able to fit a TLR-1 onto the 1911 DS carry.  It requires modification of the P320 key.

Here is the unmodified key, I added silver sharpie to the area that needs trimming.

I tossed it on the mini mill and shaved it slightly into the lug and judiciously sanded for a tight slip fit.  You do have to remove the front lug as it interferes so that may add another step if you decide to swap this between pistols.

I did not try this mod on other pistol rails yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone know if Red Dirt triggers will fit the DUTY B9R DS with the stock grip module?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Article says
Unlike the Tisas USA guns, which are painted, steel parts on the MAC are finished in QPQ
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Is that not correct?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ctfish15:

Article says
Unlike the Tisas USA guns, which are painted, steel parts on the MAC are finished in QPQ

Is that not correct?

I don't know. Just found it interesting
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ctfish15:

Article says
View Quote
Mine did not appear to be painted, when I owned it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top