Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2014 1:18:58 PM EDT
Help! I have a tactical shotgun class coming up in less than two weeks and they require you to run the shotgun with a sling. I have a Benelli M4 with carrier comp mag tube, surefire railed forend, and factory collapsible stock. I prefer a QD setup with a Vickers tactical padded sling but I don't see any available mounting systems and don;t like the Mesa tactical offering. Assuming I can't go with a QD setup what do you recommend and how's it working for you?

I generally prefer not to use a sling on shotguns, as they just seem to get in the way for me. I'd prefer something padded and comfortable for a long class that won't get in the way too much when loading. We won't be doing transition drills to pistol, in case that's relevant.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]

AVA Tactical Light mount has the best forward QD mount available.

This is an IWC Magpul MOE QD mount. It works perfectly for the Benelli M4.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Vickers sling using HK type fasteners on the front sling loop and the rear by the buttstock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a Vickers sling using HK type fasteners on the front sling loop and the rear by the buttstock.
View Quote

Be careful with that loop hole on the bottom of the collapsible stock (if that's what you have). While I was an armorer in the Corps our M1014's would constantly break at that point due to the steel HK style clips rubbing through the aluminum.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the info on the rear sling loop. What sling set up did the USMC use?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thank you for the info on the rear sling loop. What sling set up did the USMC use?
View Quote

In our unit guys would usually use the padded M249 slings with the HK hooks:

(Pretty damn expensive here, but it was the first example I found)
http://lbtinc.com/dual-adjustable-m60-m240-m249-sling-2022.html

But eventually people were rigging up Blackhawk! three point slings on them or other non-hook style slings to avoid breaking the attachment point. However, you probably won't be carrying it nowhere near as much as we did, so the chances of breaking it are probably pretty slim.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jealifer/media/Benelli%20M4/AVATactical/DSC00036_zps15957be9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b639/jealifer/Benelli%20M4/AVATactical/DSC00036_zps15957be9.jpg</a>

AVA Tactical Light mount has the best forward QD mount available.

<a href="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/jealifer/media/Benelli%20M4/Sling/002_zps38186ea0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b639/jealifer/Benelli%20M4/Sling/002_zps38186ea0.jpg</a>
This is an IWC Magpul MOE QD mount. It works perfectly for the Benelli M4.
View Quote

While I concur, and have this same setup, it's not for everyone, as it is expensive to get in place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. I decided on the buttstock attachment strangerdanger uses and a Daniel Defense rail QD mount at the front of the Surefire forend. This should suffice.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Same setup as SD except he has his rear QD on the right side.  Note that I removed the factory fwd sling loop after these pics were taken.  Also replaced the G2 with a 6P, both have Malkoff M61 drop-ins.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the same setup as SD, I found that having the rear QD on the right side made the M4 carry better.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
thats a really great light mount, i wish they would make that for the M2.  

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Honestly, I was shocked at how well the AVA Tactical light mount for the M4
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Does the mount scratch up the barrel where it clamps on?
I want one but I just got my M4 yesterday and it pains me to put the first scratch on such a beautiful gun.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does the mount scratch up the barrel where it clamps on?
I want one but I just got my M4 yesterday and it pains me to put the first scratch on such a beautiful gun.
View Quote

Anything that clamps to the surface will leave some markings on a pristine finish. The marks on mine do not bother me.

This can be alleviated by use of racer's tape or other such anti-abrasive tapes from 3M, etc.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This can be alleviated by use of racer's tape or other such anti-abrasive tapes from 3M, etc.

View Quote

Yep,........I am not all that worries either way. Do not see a reason to remove the AVA mount
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep,........I am not all that worries either way. Do not see a reason to remove the AVA mount
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. It is too nice to take it back off, seems like it should have been around for years prior to it's release, the placement is just natural for the light activation, and it's so low in profile it's amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top