Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 53
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Appears to be a real Benelli M4 H2O Tactical with an aftermarket (titanium?) mag tube.
View Quote

I must confess.  You are correct.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Choke tubes? Benelli threads?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Can’t believe nobody mentioned the Remington VersaMax seeing as they “borrowed” the gas system.
View Quote

I use a Versamax for a bird gun and I love it.  I also looked at the VM Tactical’s but they are 1k+
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SteelSC:
Choke tubes? Benelli threads?

Thanks
View Quote

These Benelli clones do use Benelli threads.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I just purchased a Benelli choke to add to the ones that came with my T4 and it screwed right in.

Originally Posted By 556_Chowder:

These Benelli clones do use Benelli threads.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Good info.... thanks!!!!

Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

I messaged him he said :

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M60-E4:
I wish I could have seen his initial review and why he sold it off so quickly....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=25221202

I messaged him he said :

Basically, the gun ran great, only failed to cycle 2 low power birdshot shells out of about 100 mixed rounds of buckshot/birdshot. Apparently real M4s don't cycle low power birdshot very well either. Fit and finish are pretty good too.  I'd put another couple hundred rounds through it before trusting my life to it, but overall my impression is positive. Would buy again, esp for $500.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Just an interesting note...a pic on facebook of someones Panzer M4 from Classic shows that they have black bolts rather than the bare metal colored bolt shown in Classic's stock photos and video.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ninja99:
Just an interesting note...a pic on facebook of someones Panzer M4 from Classic shows that they have black bolts rather than the bare metal colored bolt shown in Classic's stock photos and video.
View Quote

If I recall the Four Peaks was black as well. Not sure of the difference thought. Would the metal color be better??
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By castroyy:

If I recall the Four Peaks was black as well. Not sure of the difference thought. Would the metal color be better??
View Quote

Aesthetically, I think the black is better. More true to the Benelli. Functionally, it would depend on whether the silver color was bare metal or some sort of coating.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
What group was it posted in? Pics?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninja99] [#12]
Originally Posted By katzma:
What group was it posted in? Pics?
View Quote

The Classic Firearms Buyers group
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw this on toros Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTEwMzkxOTU3MTUwOTUzMzoxMDM5NDE0MDE1MDczNTA%3D
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]

that link doesn't work
View Quote

I didn't post the original link, but just did some searching, I think it's this one?:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=603641697238089
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats weird it worked for me.  Thats not the one i was referring to.  Let me see if i can get it to work
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a Toros Arms Copolla T4 off Gunbroker last weekend for $729.99, $30 shipping.  Hopefully have it in a week or so.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]

The Classic Firearms Buyers group
View Quote
Requested to join but don't know what code classic is supposed to email you. Been a few days and haven't been approved yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty sure you will be very satisfied.

Originally Posted By Roland-G23:
I bought a Toros Arms Copolla T4 off Gunbroker last weekend for $729.99, $30 shipping.  Hopefully have it in a week or so.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:05:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ninja99] [#21]
Originally Posted By katzma:
Requested to join but don't know what code classic is supposed to email you. Been a few days and haven't been approved yet.
View Quote

Heres the pic that was posted of the Panzer M4 from Classic.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Need someone to confirm that the stocks interchange on the panzer
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
View Quote

Interchange with what? Benelli? Has anyone even gotten theirs? Mine is still at pending ffl.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
View Quote

I'm not sure when my Panzer will ship from Classic, but I found a Benelli field stock for it, so I'll find out as soon as the Panzer comes in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Man it's confusing figuring out all the models, I'd love to get a couple of these. Great thread guys
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

I'm not sure when my Panzer will ship from Classic, but I found a Benelli field stock for it, so I'll find out as soon as the Panzer comes in.
View Quote

I feel like a separate thread is almost needed to see when they actually ship.

I ordered on the 6th and hasn't shipped yet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Are all the Charles Daly 601 models M4 clones?  The manual CD has on the website,  the exploded view does not look like a m4, even on the dps model manual doesn't look like a M4.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#29]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#30]

The 601 DPS is a partial clone.

The stock is definitely a lot different on that model.

It’s pretty similar to the rest of these clones mentioned in this thread besides that.

View Quote

The stock on the 601 DPS looks to be very similar if not the same as the other clones.  The mag tube profile/looks are different, along with possibly the bolt finish, and the trigger housing material and profile.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Nothing we can do about it. I’m waiting for 59 days past purchase date to dispute the charge on my credit card but I’ll give them that long to ship.

No point in calling or emailing to ask when they’ll ship. They do things on their own schedule over there.
View Quote

I'm beginning to feel like "in stock" meant in a container ship crossing the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Just bought a Four Peaks Copolla T4 on GB.  Excited to try it out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ipsilateral_7:
Are all the Charles Daly 601 models M4 clones?  The manual CD has on the website,  the exploded view does not look like a m4, even on the dps model manual doesn't look like a M4.
View Quote

The 601 DPS is a Benelli clone, with the exception of the recoil tube.  The receiver is threaded the same and you could grab a $200 Benelli tube and put it on after you melted the loctite off.

The rest of the 601 line are NOT Benelli M4 clones.  Confusing as fuck that CD chose to do that with the model numbers - I agonized over it before finally jumping in.  It was the Black Friday week video KyGunCo put out that finally gave me a clear picture what we were getting.

What we've seen so far on tubes, FPI Toros T4 on the left, CD 601 DPS on the right:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Given the threading at the top and round profile, I would think there's a decent change of a Benelli or Mesa Tactical fixed stock fitting on the T4's slick-side tube.  If you were willing to cut a notch in the sling loop insert for the Mesa to match the profile on the tube, I think it would fit the 601 DPS.

The standard polymer pistol grip stock all clones have been coming with:
Attachment Attached File

The field stock that was the second popular option in Canada after the adjustables, now starting to show up in the US on the T4:
Attachment Attached File

Both attach using the threading on the inside of the recoil tubes, so their lengths and dimensions must be identical there, as the stocks are the same across the board.

I've still had no luck in getting one of the Turkish adjustables.  I really like that design.  Canadian distributors can't even get the shotguns now, retailers there are importing from the US.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

The 601 DPS is a Benelli clone, with the exception of the recoil tube.  The receiver is threaded the same and you could grab a $200 Benelli tube and put it on after you melted the loctite off.

The rest of the 601 line are NOT Benelli M4 clones.  Confusing as fuck that CD chose to do that with the model numbers - I agonized over it before finally jumping in.  It was the Black Friday week video KyGunCo put out that finally gave me a clear picture what we were getting.

What we've seen so far on tubes, FPI Toros T4 on the left, CD 601 DPS on the right:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243189/B2323CB0-D792-4909-93D6-D77766710B07-1785523.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/IMG_4186_jpg-1709671.JPG
Given the threading at the top and round profile, I would think there's a decent change of a Benelli or Mesa Tactical fixed stock fitting on the T4's slick-side tube.  If you were willing to cut a notch in the sling loop insert for the Mesa to match the profile on the tube, I think it would fit the 601 DPS.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/polystock_PNG-1796123.JPG

The field stock that was the second popular option in Canada after the adjustables, now starting to show up in the US on the T4:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/fieldstock_PNG-1796130.JPG

Both attach using the threading on the inside of the recoil tubes, so their lengths and dimensions must be identical there, as the stocks are the same across the board.

I've still had no luck in getting one of the Turkish adjustables.  I really like that design.  Canadian distributors can't even get the shotguns now, retailers there are importing from the US.
View Quote

Thank you.  That's what I assumed.  It is confusing.  Then throw in the CD 612 tactical it really gets confusing, the 612 kinda looks like a m2 clone.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243189/B2323CB0-D792-4909-93D6-D77766710B07-1785523.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/IMG_4186_jpg-1709671.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/polystock_PNG-1796123.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35747/fieldstock_PNG-1796130.JPG

View Quote

Good work my friend, now i want ine more than ever.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I have 300 rounds through a Panzer M4: slugs, buckshot and bird loads. I'm glad I have it! It isn't completely broken in. I have occasional failures to eject, doesn't matter if it's slugs, buckshot or bird loads. Recoil is light.

When I field stripped it and removed the trigger mechanism per the instruction manual, the bushing spring was unattached so the hammer spring and cap shot out. I ignored the manual and used Benelli exploded-parts diagrams to reassemble the trigger mechanism.

It's a $500 Turkish clone of a $2,000 Benelli M4. I'm happy with it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#38]
Freeway, where did you get your Panzer from?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m liking the way the field stock looks over the pistol grip version. Can we change the stock to the field stock or does 922r come into play as well with those?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I’m liking the way the field stock looks over the pistol grip version. Can we change the stock to the field stock or does 922r come into play as well with those?
View Quote

Field stock is fine, doesn’t fall into the “nonsporting” feature list.

>5 mag tubes and the adjustable stocks push you into 922r games.

Don’t know how the detachable mag Turkish shotguns get away with it when they use the 8/10 round ones. But I don’t have one and don’t care enough to ask.

Ordered a ShootingSight hammer to get me up to 4 US parts.  That snap ring on the hammer pin looks like it’ll be fun.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freeway] [#41]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Freeway, where did you get your Panzer from?
View Quote
@BorderDave I got it from Classic Firearms, but I got the last one. Says out of stock now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Freeway:
@BorderDave I got it from Classic Firearms, but I got the last one. Says out of stock now.
View Quote

When did you order?  I know it went OOS right after I bought mine on 1/20.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freeway] [#43]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
When did you order?  I know it went OOS right after I bought mine on 1/20.
View Quote
A few days earlier. So you got the last one.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#44]
I also ordered on 1/20. I got an email (that I found in spam) from the owner, saying that it's delayed due to the volume of orders they had. Same old dance over here. So I take "delayed" to infinity and beyond.

***** Edit. After re-reading the email it doesn't seem that bad. It says nothing about not having mine available, just that they are over loaded with orders. I apologize for my haste. Unless, they really did oversell...... Here's the email.

Hello XXX,
I am contacting you today to let you know that your order XXXXXX has been delayed. As noted on our site, we have been experiencing an unprecedented number of orders, emails, and customer service requests.
We are doing our best to get each order fully shipped as quickly as possible. Currently, there are two teams of workers working as many hours as possible to get your item picked, packed, and handed off to our shipping partners.
Please bear with us during these unusual times. We truly empathize as we all know the feeling of excitement when that shipment gets delivered. I can promise you that we are doing our best, it is just taking longer than expected.
Thanks again for shopping at Classic Firearms.
Clint,
ClassicFirearms.com
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]
DMW M4 Speedbar. Always felt the bolt release was a weak link to this shotguns design. This little addition really makes the operation of the bolt release a lot easier.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been watching this thread for some time.  I ordered the Panzer from Classic on 1/5 and am still waiting.  I sent an email but of course no response.  I get times are busy but this is a little ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freeway] [#47]
Originally Posted By Hogan44256:
I've been watching this thread for some time.  I ordered the Panzer from Classic on 1/5 and am still waiting.  I sent an email but of course no response.  I get times are busy but this is a little ridiculous.
View Quote
Yes they can take weeks.

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freeway] [#48]
Originally Posted By M60-E4:
DMW M4 Speedbar. Always felt the bolt release was a weak link to this shotguns design. This little addition really makes the operation of the bolt release a lot easier.

https://i.imgur.com/HlDYJWE.jpg
View Quote
I'm OK with the standard bolt release.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Found the stock you are looking for... ordered one and received it in 15 days from NZ to South Carolina.  It comes with a recoil tube but it is the exact same recoil tube that already comes on the CD 601 DPS.  Got it installed in about 15 min.

https://www.deltamike.co.nz/product/telescopic-stock-pistol-grip-sulun-tac-12/

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top