Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 53
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
I picked up the Orthos Raider M4 in FDE.  I shot 75 rounds of Federal 00, 000, 1oz slugs, Duppleks 1 1/4 slugs.  The weapon was 100% reliable.  It has the softest recoil impulse of any shotty Ive ever shot.  I attribute this to the Patented stock they use and the ports on the barrel.  I also put on a Holosun 510C red dot.  The weapon has a noticeable better trigger then a Benelli M4.  It has a very smooth action as well.  The weapon also comes stock with a 7+1 tube.  I highly recommend it.  Is it better then then the Panzer M4 or the MAC 1014???  Yes it is better but at a little more then double the price.  So there is the price to contemplate.

It has many American parts on it to be in compliance with 922R.   I believe they have and American made barrel, stock, magazine tube, sight and internals, bolt release, Bolt handle, LED front sight. Action has also been worked over and is very smooth. I would compare this version to what Langdon does to Beretta 1301's.  

View Quote

I agree they have the softest recoil
Impulse of anything shotgun wise I’ve shot. I just have the M4 though not an orthos.

Post some pics up and glad you like it!

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:58:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14] [#2]

Orthos Raider M4 ...

Panzer M4 or the MAC 1014 ...

a little more then double the price ...

View Quote

We may have had different math teachers ... PM4 was often available ~US$500 when I was shopping and Orthos is currently ~US$1500 ... so not twice but 3X ... and the real question is why not spend the extra 'X' and grab an actual Benelli?

I'm glad you are happy with your decision, but let's keep it real
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sendit14:

We may have had different math teachers ... PM4 was often available ~US$500 when I was shopping and Orthos is currently ~US$1500 ... so not twice but 3X ... and the real question is why not spend the extra 'X' and grab an actual Benelli?

View Quote

My MAC 1014 was $371 shipped OTD.

It's undisputable that it's a steal.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:57:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#4]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Curious about who manufactures it. Does it say Aksa anywhere on the receiver or barrel?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

Curious about who manufactures it. Does it say Aksa anywhere on the receiver or barrel?
View Quote

I'm working today so I can't check right now.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

No rush. They look a lot like the Aksa S4 imported by Black Ace's that PSA was blowing out for $200. I picked one up but didn't shoot it yet. Came with the wood furniture which looks really nice (So nice, I replaced it with polymer and boxed up the wood for now)

I don't believe Black Ace's even imports that model anymore. so I wonder if the other company snatched that up. It's supposed to be one of the better Turkinelli clones.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:58:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#7]

View Quote
I'm keeping it real. Keep trying to troll me. Got mine for 1147$ shipped.  I really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm keeping it real. Keep trying to troll me. Got mine for 1147$ shipped.  I really enjoy it.
View Quote

Bud’s has the MAC 1014 for $350. That means your base model is 3.2X the cost. His math was even weighing unfairly in favor of the Orthos, so calling him a troll seems a bit extreme.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to know how many manufacturers of Benelli clones there are.  SHOT show must have had 2 dozen or more different booths with Turknellis.  They were every where.  Some with gawd-awful logos and stocks, others that looked decent.  

I have one of the MAC-2 inertia guns.  I like it.  Nice fit and finish, pretty walnut stock.  So far it's ran great, but I think 500 rounds is the point where I will have confidence in it's reliability.  I have an old Benelli M1 that must have more than 12K rounds on it and it has always been reliable with any kind of 12ga ammo.  I doubt I'll ever shoot this MAC 2 that much, but I want to know it's durable.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#10]
If the Mac is the better shotgun than the AKSA, I'm about to buy the wood model (IL complaint)

The AKSA is going to become spare parts for the Mac
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MGYSGT8541] [#11]
Deleted
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Bud's has the MAC 1014 for $350. That means your base model is 3.2X the cost. His math was even weighing unfairly in favor of the Orthos, so calling him a troll seems a bit extreme.
View Quote
Wrong again..  base model on buds is 355$ and then add taxes and shipping insurance.  Closer to 400$. Orthos was 1147$. Shipped. Great, now your math is screwed up too.  Obviously everyone's math is bad
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

My MAC 2 says Ozerbas Makina- TURKIYE on the barrel under the fore end.  Nothing on the receiver other than Military Armament Corp- Knoxville, TN

And the synthetic stock M1014 is $322 + Shipping at Battlehawk.  I have 4 Benellis, and although none of them are gas operated, I've not paid over $1k for any of them.  Can't see doing it for a Turkish shotgun unless it were to have a stunning walnut wood set.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Wrong again..  base model on buds is 355$ and then add taxes and shipping insurance.  Closer to 400$. Orthos was 1147$. Shipped. Great, now your math is screwed up too.  Obviously everyone's math is bad
View Quote

I’m genuinely speechless. Moving on….

Does anyone know if the MAC pistol grip stocks have the same length of pull as the real M1014?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]

I’m genuinely speechless. Moving on….

Does anyone know if the MAC pistol grip stocks have the same length of pull as the real M1014?
View Quote

Not sure on the MAC, my panzer m4 feels perfect to me length of pull wise and I’m 6’6”
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

Not sure on the MAC, my panzer m4 feels perfect to me length of pull wise and I’m 6’6”
View Quote

What’s funny is I was going to say the pistol grip on my Benelli would be great if I was Michael Jordan. He was exactly 6’6”.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]

What’s funny is I was going to say the pistol grip on my Benelli would be great if I was Michael Jordan. He was exactly 6’6”.
View Quote

Lol, they’re def beefy. I suppose the size is perfect for folks in body armor and such. Works for me!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#18]

Lol, they’re def beefy. I suppose the size is perfect for folks in body armor and such. Works for me!
View Quote

I’m a 6’ midget in comparison so I’ll probably toss an Urbino on mine. Seeing side by side pictures the clones do look to be the same as stock.

It’s crazy no one is making a US made collapsing stock yet. Probably years overdue. Unfortunately the Orthos stock is made in Turkey and doesn’t count towards ATF tyranny requirements.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#19]

I’m a 6’ midget in comparison so I’ll probably toss an Urbino on mine. Seeing side by side pictures the clones do look to be the same as stock.

It’s crazy no one is making a US made collapsing stock yet. Probably years overdue. Unfortunately the Orthos stock is made in Turkey and doesn’t count towards ATF tyranny requirements.
View Quote

No doubt, there are many accessories that would make sense for a company to make!

I hate the way my stock looks but it feels ok so I haven’t messed with it. I’d rather have the solid stock I think for durability compared to this one. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought an aftermarket extended magazine tube cap for $24.90 shipped and now I can fit 7 rounds of “Euro style” rolled crimp cartridges.

Linky

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fordtough25] [#21]
Over 500 rounds through mine now, ran several boxes of birdshot today as well with 0 issues. Yes!!!

Attachment Attached File

Also killed the red dot today, still works but the zero is shifting all over. Removed it and continued with the irons. Win

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Over 500 rounds through mine now, ran several boxes of birdshot today as well with 0 issues. Yes!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269204/IMG_9157_jpeg-3123225.JPG

Also killed the red dot today, still works but the zero is shifting all over. Removed it and continued with the irons. Win

View Quote

Which RDS are you using?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Sarge1400:

Which RDS are you using?
View Quote

Was I using? Bushnell trs25, it still powers on but the zero was shifting all over. Last time I shot it showed an artifact but it went back to normal and I stopped because it was cold as f. Today it was all over, removed it and irons were dead on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:21:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stahlgewehr762] [#24]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:
I bought an aftermarket extended magazine tube cap for $24.90 shipped and now I can fit 7 rounds of “Euro style” rolled crimp cartridges.

Linky

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416227/IMG_7249_jpeg-3119345.JPG
View Quote

@Landsat8 I would love to see what that looks like from the side. Do the narrow retention notches on that cap lock securely with the m4 barrel's somewhat wide detent?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Was I using? Bushnell trs25, it still powers on but the zero was shifting all over. Last time I shot it showed an artifact but it went back to normal and I stopped because it was cold as f. Today it was all over, removed it and irons were dead on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sarge1400:

Which RDS are you using?

I went with a Botach T1 Mount, and slapped a Primary Arms Advanced Micro on it. I can get a 1/3 cowitness. The T1 Mount fit without issues, however I did have to file down the screws a bit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#26]

I went with a Botach T1 Mount, and slapped a Primary Arms Advanced Micro on it. I can get a 1/3 cowitness. The T1 Mount fit without issues, however I did have to file down the screws a bit.
View Quote

How many rounds have you put through with the shotgun with the dot installed? Mine took about 300 to die, but it was mounted to the receiver.

Although it’s my softest recoiling 12 gauge by far.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#27]

How many rounds have you put through with the shotgun with the dot installed? Mine took about 300 to die, but it was mounted to the receiver.

View All Quotes

That particular optic model is good to go. I had one on a , Saiga 12, on a 590A1, and a 590 shockwave

I kinda lost count.The push button advanced micro is basically a beefed up Holosun.

The only TRS-25 that I would trust is the gold letter model

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fordtough25] [#28]

That particular optic model is good to go. I had one on a , Saiga 12, on a 590A1, and a 590 shockwave

I kinda lost count.The push button advanced micro is basically a beefed up Holosun.

The only TRS-25 that I would trust is the gold letter model

View Quote

Appreciate the info, I got that thing super cheap and thought why not. And it died as expected, on to better.

Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Picked up the 1014 yesterday.

I’m all fucked up physically. Hope I get to shoot it someday. I got lots of shells. Maybe some of my buddies will have enough interest to donate time and eat some recoil.

I should probably stop buying guns if it’s gonna be like this.

And Aboo got diagnosed with liver cancer Thursday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
Picked up the 1014 yesterday.

I’m all fucked up physically. Hope I get to shoot it someday. I got lots of shells. Maybe some of my buddies will have enough interest to donate time and eat some recoil.

I should probably stop buying guns if it’s gonna be like this.

And Aboo got diagnosed with liver cancer Thursday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/IMG_1896_jpeg-3132201.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/MAC_1014_-_right_side_jpeg-3132203.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/MAC_1014_-_left_side_jpeg-3132204.JPG
View Quote

Damn dude, prayers all around.

Good looking boomstick!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Damn dude, prayers all around.

Good looking boomstick!
View Quote

Thanks.  I do appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:14:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snuffy19608] [#32]
W_E_G, hope you feel better soon, sucks being out of action. I took a fall on ice the other night and all I could think about was the Panzer M4 that's coming in at my FFL tomorrow, lol.

I have the adjusable stock and tube from PSA- nice solid feel to it. Also have the bolt release coming from RX Arms, and a GG&G bolt handle, both in the mail. Red dot from Primary Arms should be here soon as well, and just got a pile of 00 Buck. Some chap blasting stuff and several sleeves of 8 pellet Federal for my stockpile.

I see several companies making the replacement magazine tubes, haven't ordered one yet. Opinions?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By snuffy19608:
W_E_G, hope you feel better soon, sucks being out of action. I took a fall on ice the other night and all I could think about was the Panzer M4 that's coming in at my FFL tomorrow, lol.

I have the adjusable stock and tube from PSA- nice solid feel to it. Also have the bolt release coming from RX Arms, and a GG&G bolt handle, both in the mail. Red dot from Primary Arms should be here soon as well, and just got a pile of 00 Buck. Some chap blasting stuff and several sleeves of 8 pellet Federal for my stockpile.

I see several companies making the replacement magazine tubes, haven't ordered one yet. Opinions?
View Quote

Sent a IM

Dave's Metal Works is pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Stahlgewehr762:

@Landsat8 I would love to see what that looks like from the side. Do the narrow retention notches on that cap lock securely with the m4 barrel's somewhat wide detent?
View Quote

Retention notches seem to hold securely to the barrel detent.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for posting the pics.

That actually looks decent, and it allows the 7th round to fit. I would call that a victory.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#36]
Looks like Panzer has an M4 model with an ambi charging-handle, in gray, with a wood or plastic skeleton-stock.  In online pics, you can see through the receiver.  The wood looks real nice, but with a LOP over 14", I'd prefer the telescoping skeleton tube (3 position tube, outta the box).

Must be a new thing (the ambi). Anybody got one of these ambi's? Seems to be only in gray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzsNQdIPCx8 (lower your volume)
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#37]
BattleHawk Armory has the MAC 1014 for $323.18 and the Marine finish for $338.57.

I couldn't resist so I ordered the Marine finish this time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#38]
BattleHawk Armory has the MAC 1014 for $323.18 and the Marine finish for $338.57.

I couldn't resist so I ordered the Marine finish this time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Picked up my second MAC 1014 today, the finish is quite nice.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Picked up my second MAC 1014 today, the finish is quite nice.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/924/6ELRYf.jpg
View Quote

Nice man. That looks good. How does it feel? Is the finish a hard chrome or something else?

@Bowhntr6pt
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

Nice man. That looks good. How does it feel? Is the finish a hard chrome or something else?

@Bowhntr6pt
View Quote

Feels like a bead-blasted SS barrel, very slight texture, very even.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

@Bowhntr6pt

Wonder if it's more like a Satin Nickel, kinda like the Jericho I picked up. Seems neat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, picked up my Panzer M4 yesterday at the FFL. Didn't have much time before I needed to sleep for work, put the GG&G charging handle on and ran a couple shells through the action to test function that much.

First impressions: I know it's not a Benelli, but fit/finish is pretty good, hopefully get to tear it apart and clean it up then lube it. I've got a Dave's Metal Works mag tube and spring, and an adjustable stock with tube that need to go on, then it's of to the range to get rid of some 00 buck and slugs plus a 100 pack of WM birdshot.

I'm at work now, try to get some pics later. I've just scratched the surface, buy so far I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, picked up my Panzer M4 yesterday at the FFL. Didn't have much time before I needed to sleep for work, put the GG&G charging handle on and ran a couple shells through the action to test function that much.

First impressions: I know it's not a Benelli, but fit/finish is pretty good, hopefully get to tear it apart and clean it up then lube it. I've got a Dave's Metal Works mag tube and spring, and an adjustable stock with tube that need to go on, then it's of to the range to get rid of some 00 buck and slugs plus a 100 pack of WM birdshot.

I'm at work now, try to get some pics later. I've just scratched the surface, buy so far I'm happy.
View Quote

@snuffy19608

If it's like the MAC 1014, the bulk packs that are marked UNIVERSAL should function fine, the other bulk packs won't.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#45]
I didn’t try birdshot until I had put 500 rounds through my panzer m4, so far it’s eaten all of it. But everything I’ve tried birdshot wise has been 1200 fps or greater.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked up the Orthos Raider
View Quote

Been reading threads, watching vids and pricing the parts.  I've decided if I can get an Orthos for 1100 shipped, I am IN! Gray preferred.

Please PM or post a link to your deal or price atm. I'm not on book of faces. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#47]

@snuffy19608

If it's like the MAC 1014, the bulk packs that are marked UNIVERSAL should function fine, the other bulk packs won't.
View Quote

My Panzer M4 wouldn't work at all from the factory.  Once I replaced some of the parts, it functions 100% with all shells I've put into it, including cheap 1125 fps birdshot from Walmart.  

The parts I installed into my Panzer M4 were the following:

TTI Benelli AccuGuide Extended Carrier

Benelli M4 Extractor 70037

Benelli M4 Extractor Pin 70036

Benelli Extractor Spring 70038

Benelli Cartridge Latch Spring 70057
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:

My Panzer M4 wouldn't work at all from the factory.  Once I replaced some of the parts, it functions 100% with all shells I've put into it, including cheap 1125 fps birdshot from Walmart.  

The parts I installed into my Panzer M4 were the following:

TTI Benelli AccuGuide Extended Carrier

Benelli M4 Extractor 70037

Benelli M4 Extractor Pin 70036

Benelli Extractor Spring 70038

Benelli Cartridge Latch Spring 70057
View Quote

Hmm, looks like a good shopping list. Started to tear down the Panzer last night, apparently I need a snap ring pliers for the back of the "limiter" section. Harbor Freight opens in an hour, lol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Hmm, looks like a good shopping list. Started to tear down the Panzer last night, apparently I need a snap ring pliers for the back of the "limiter" section. Harbor Freight opens in an hour, lol.
View Quote

Yep, good tool to have!! Mines been 100% but like I said I shot 500 rounds of 00 buck and slugs before I even tried birdshot. And I have tried the bottom
Barrel wal mart stuff, but the cheap bulk birdshot from my lgs has been good to go
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#50]
When I had my Toros T4 it would not eject lighter loads 100% of the time. People in this thread said to swap on the extractor and spring with Benelli parts. I did that and it worked 100%. I think I could have gotten away with just doing the spring as my extractor looked exactly like the Benelli part.
Page / 53
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top