BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 54
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rubicon20032003] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSOGDAWG:

Yeah I gathered as much given the price they have them listed for and that is before I ask someone to import and they agree to pay the associated fees for the importation. Thats why I say "well....Fuck"....I realize the only option is a Benelli bbl, BUT, I cant validate that money just to find out they are just a smidge off on tolerances and compatibility. Then Im saddled with trying to move a niche bbl and probably not recoup my money. I think the M4 in SBS configuration is bad ass but I guess I am limited at this point.
I have a sbs m4 already and its barrel fits and regular Benelli barrel
Anyhow....anyone have info on bayonet mounting or the possibility of it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rubicon20032003:

Time you pay a importer to import it for you.You could buy a benelli sbs barrel cheaper

Yeah I gathered as much given the price they have them listed for and that is before I ask someone to import and they agree to pay the associated fees for the importation. Thats why I say "well....Fuck"....I realize the only option is a Benelli bbl, BUT, I cant validate that money just to find out they are just a smidge off on tolerances and compatibility. Then Im saddled with trying to move a niche bbl and probably not recoup my money. I think the M4 in SBS configuration is bad ass but I guess I am limited at this point.
I have a sbs m4 already and its barrel fits and regular Benelli barrel
Anyhow....anyone have info on bayonet mounting or the possibility of it?

his point.
I have a sbs m4 already  and regular Benelli barrels fit it no problem on my clone
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#2]

his point.
I have a sbs m4 already  and regular Benelli barrels fit it no problem on my clone
View Quote

So a Benelli bbl works good on your clone, is that what I am understanding?

What clone do you have?

I ask because I found on my 1st Charles Daly 601DPS, which I bought used, there are some minor differences. This could be from this 601DPS may be older. Particularly the mag tube on this used model is threaded on the receiver end differently. I did just pick up a new in box 601DPS but I still need to look it over and compare the two for any other differences due to production generations.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:22:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rubicon20032003] [#3]

So a Benelli bbl works good on your clone, is that what I am understanding?

What clone do you have?

I ask because I found on my 1st Charles Daly 601DPS, which I bought used, there are some minor differences. This could be from this 601DPS may be older. Particularly the mag tube on this used model is threaded on the receiver end differently. I did just pick up a new in box 601DPS but I still need to look it over and compare the two for any other differences due to production generations.
Yes regular factory benelli barrels fit perfect on my clone
Thanks!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snuffy19608] [#4]
Looking for a magazine spring for my Panzer M4, don't see the Benelli listed on Wolffes site. What spring will fit pls?

NVM-got a Benelli spring and follower from MGW.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By snuffy19608:
Looking for a magazine spring for my Panzer M4, don't see the Benelli listed on Wolffes site. What spring will fit pls?

NVM-got a Benelli spring and follower from MGW.
View Quote

Is the Panzer M4 mag tube spring removable without removing the mag tube? If no, does the mag tube easily spin out or is it Lock-tited on the receiver?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sendit14:

Is the Panzer M4 mag tube spring removable without removing the mag tube? If no, does the mag tube easily spin out or is it Lock-tited on the receiver?
View Quote

The spring and follower come right out when you unscrew the cap on the front of the tube. The tube itself seems to be a crap shoot- some here have had to heat the tube to break the LockTite, others (like me) have just unscrewed the tube without issue.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#7]

View Quote

Cool deal!!  What brand is your clone?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]

The spring and follower come right out when you unscrew the cap on the front of the tube. The tube itself seems to be a crap shoot- some here have had to heat the tube to break the LockTite, others (like me) have just unscrewed the tube without issue.
View All Quotes

Thanks.

FWIW, when I "unscrew the cap on the front of the tube" - which I think means the process to remove the barrel assembly from the receiver - it does not facilitate removal of the spring and follower. That end (the 'fore' (?) end) of the mag tube is constricted via a built-in washer which I assume acts as the plug to limit capacity. But the tube screwed out easily, so all good removing the internals.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks.

FWIW, when I "unscrew the cap on the front of the tube" - which I think means the process to remove the barrel assembly from the receiver - it does not facilitate removal of the spring and follower. That end (the 'fore' (?) end) of the mag tube is constricted via a built-in washer which I assume acts as the plug to limit capacity. But the tube screwed out easily, so all good removing the internals.
View Quote

You need to put the replacement tube on, that will enable you to take the spring out the front. Yes, it's the procedure for disassembly.  Be careful, when the cap leaves the threads that spring WILL come out fast. Then take the spring out and point the muzzle down, the follower will fall out. You might have to shake the shotgun a bit, but it'll come.

Sorry, I replaced the tube almost right away, before I even shot the thing. I don't remember anything about the original tube, that's sitting in a box.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14] [#10]

You need to put the replacement tube on, that will enable you to take the spring out the front. Yes, it's the procedure for disassembly.  Be careful, when the cap leaves the threads that spring WILL come out fast. Then take the spring out and point the muzzle down, the follower will fall out. You might have to shake the shotgun a bit, but it'll come.

Sorry, I replaced the tube almost right away, before I even shot the thing. I don't remember anything about the original tube, that's sitting in a box.
View All Quotes

Thanks.

Good tip.

Follow-up question -  the Gas Plug O-Ring partially deformed; earlier in this thread there is a reference to Harbor Freight Viton rings size 011 - any chance you can verify that these work?

ETA: below is a pic of the Turkish factory ring (on right) and HF Viton ring (on left) - do you think the reduced thickness of the HF ring material will induce a malfunction?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Good tip.

Follow-up question -  the Gas Plug O-Ring partially deformed; earlier in this thread there is a reference to Harbor Freight Viton rings size 011 - any chance you can verify that these work?

ETA: below is a pic of the Turkish factory ring (on right) and HF Viton ring (on left) - do you think the reduced thickness of the HF ring material will induce a malfunction?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/403935/1000002288_jpg-3198635.JPG
View Quote

No way to tell without using them. There's a post aways backing this thread where a member got o-rings that fit on Amazon. Supposed to be stronger too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, I got a Benelli spring and follower coming, and Midway has my email for when the springs come in.

Meantime, what light should I get for the small section of Picatinney rail clamp on my M4?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Still monitoring things....so is there not one brand that stands out as more reliable than the others?  Also, if I do pull the trigger on one and it's a lemon that doesn't cycle/etc.... what's the fix?  I'm guessing customer service is non-existent.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
The Carlson's choke tube arrived.

Amazing. I ordered it at Midnight Wednesday.

Arrived at lunchtime today.

Now I can bang the muzzle against things, and not have to worry about it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Carlsons_choke_tube_3_jpg-3192517.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Carlsons_choke_tube_4_jpg-3192518.JPG

Silver-color tube (one of three) that came with the gun. Fits flush at the muzzle.
$50 Carlsons improved cylinder tube (Carlsons offers a silver-color if you are into contrast).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Carlsons_choke_tube_5_jpg-3192519.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Carlsons_choke_tube_2_jpg-3192522.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Carlsons_choke_tube_jpeg-3192523.JPG
View Quote

This caught my eye....the wood furniture pic.  Most of my stocked shotguns look like this.  I've shot a Mossy Shockwave with a brace/pistol grip and hated it.  Recoil was crazy.  Much prefer a normal buttstock or birdshead grip.  What do ya'll think about normal buttstock vs. pistol gripped buttstock on these clones?  

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#15]

No way to tell without using them. There's a post aways backing this thread where a member got o-rings that fit on Amazon. Supposed to be stronger too.
View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

O ring on Amzn from another poster
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By slack_out:

@sendit14

View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

Is polyurethane going to have sufficient heat and oil resistance for this application?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
I just installed the Carrier Comp titanium 7 shell tube on my Panzer M4.  Unfortunately, it can only hold six Federal Premium 00 buckshot shells.  I’m still trying to decide on a red dot for it.

https://i3.lensdump.com/i/kZka8F.jpeg

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/kZkbUT.jpeg
View Quote

Was Carrier Comp's 7 round tube a direct fit? Any filing, etc?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

My Daves Metal Works tube only holds 6 of certain brands. It holds 7 Black Aces slugs, but only 6 00 buckshot, same brand but longer I guess.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#19]

My Daves Metal Works tube only holds 6 of certain brands. It holds 7 Black Aces slugs, but only 6 00 buckshot, same brand but longer I guess.
View All Quotes

Rolled crimped 2 3/4" shells are the same length as star 3" shells.  Which is why I never buy roll crimped shells.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Is polyurethane going to have sufficient heat and oil resistance for this application?
View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

Poly seems suspect IMO too. So I searched way back to pg 35 (post #15) until I found yet another other poster, with a Harbor Freight resource for Viton O-rings.
Pg 35, O-rings from Harbor Freight
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Good tip.

👍
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]

@sendit14

View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

Thanks.

Follow-up question - where can I find temperature operating range for a Benelli M4? I want to ensure poly rings will work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

+1
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#24]
Thanks.

Follow-up question - where can I find temperature operating range for a Benelli M4? I want to ensure poly rings will work.
View Quote

Here's a link to Harb freight's Viton O-rings, referenced on pg 35, post 15. Specs show 400 degrees, resists aggressive chemicals.

https://www.harborfreight.com/180-piece-viton-o-ring-kit-67525.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Poly seems suspect IMO too. So I searched way back to pg 35 (post #15) until I found yet another other poster, with a Harbor Freight resource for Viton O-rings.
View All Quotes
Good tip.

@sendit14

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:45:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sendit14] [#26]
@slack_out - per my post above (and quoted below) - the HF Viton o-rings are less thickness (diameter of the material, not the overall "O" shape) than the factory rings. I prefer the Viton rings but want to ensure that this won't induce malfunction. Thoughts?

Below is a pic of the Turkish factory ring (on right) and HF Viton ring (on left) - do you think the reduced thickness of the HF ring material will induce a malfunction?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#27]
Not sure, I suppose that slightly smaller O-ring could cause a problem with  functioning. I'm just comparing what others have posted. However, I'd want to compare the Panzer Arms O-ring when it was brand new, vs after getting messed up (swollen, etc?), as it appears in the pics.

This is a great thread but the information is real spread out. Hard to make a conclusion. I might swing by Harbor Fright and pick up those O-rings. If I do, I'll post O-rings, new vs new. My Panzer M4 isn't even here yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Not sure, I suppose that slightly smaller O-ring could cause a problem with  functioning. I'm just comparing what others have posted. However, I'd want to compare the Panzer Arms O-ring when it was brand new, vs after getting messed up (swollen, etc?), as it appears in the pics.

This is a great thread but the information is real spread out. Hard to make a conclusion. I might swing by Harbor Fright and pick up those O-rings. If I do, I'll post O-rings, new vs new. My Panzer M4 isn't even here yet.
View Quote

👍
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#30]
👍
View Quote

These are the O-rings we seek. Found these from another shotgun forum. Check out the reviews.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/70107
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By joker581:

AFAIK, there was never a bayonet mount on any of the military Benellis
View Quote

OK, TY!!  I am at a point where I have not found anything in my searching. I suppose I was more curious than really wanting to obtain a mount if one existed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#32]

These are the O-rings we seek. Found these from another shotgun forum. Check out the reviews.

View All Quotes
👍

👍
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Charles Daly 601 is like half the price of the 601 SD. Is the magazine tube and forestock the only difference?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#34]
i’m looking to get an extension tube for my panzer m4 does anyone have a link ? this thread goes way back and i don’t even know where to start lol thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#35]
https://botach.com/kz-2-shot-magazine-extension-tube-for-benelli-m4-shotguns/
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Make sure you read the reviews.  This one won't fit Panzers and some other clones.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
It fit my Mac clone perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mr_camera_man:
Make sure you read the reviews.  This one won't fit Panzers and some other clones.
View All Quotes

Wasn't there a superior full length mag tube, for only like $20 more than that extension, that was linked in this thread earlier?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Blain:

Wasn't there a superior full length mag tube, for only like $20 more than that extension, that was linked in this thread earlier?
View Quote

https://safetyharborfirearms.com/m4-clone-7-round-mag-tube-extension/

I haven't done it on mine yet but I probably will soon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

That looks good, if not a hair shorter than normal.  Who makes that tube?  Steel?  I'd much rather spend $20 more for that and have a full length one piece tube than just an extension for a few bucks less!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSOGDAWG] [#41]

That looks good, if not a hair shorter than normal.  Who makes that tube?  Steel?  I'd much rather spend $20 more for that and have a full length one piece tube than just an extension for a few bucks less!
View Quote

Safety Harbor makes it....yes, steel. I have two and they are nice. However, my first 601DPS must be an older gen because the thread patterns between the receiver and the extension tube are different.

I also have a newer 601DPS and I have not removed the factory tube yet so hoping the newer version works with the extension tube.

If the newer 601DPS is incompatible as well the extension tubes will be going up on the EE here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Safety Harbor makes it....yes, steel. I have two and they are nice. However, my first 601DPS must be an older gen because the thread pattern between the receiver and the extension tube are different.

I also have a newer 601DPS and I have not removed the factory tube yet so hoping the newer version works with the extension tube.

If the newer 601DPS is incompatible as well the extension tubes will be going up on the EE here.
View All Quotes

Safety Harbor makes it....yes, steel. I have two and they are nice. However, my first 601DPS must be an older gen because the thread pattern between the receiver and the extension tube are different.

PM me first.  I'd be interested in buying it and saving a few bucks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Will do....I will know by this weekend
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:01:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#44]

View All Quotes

It does bother me that it is a little short though.  Why did they do that?

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#45]

I don't think the length of the magazine tube is the issue. The cap tightens over the tube and seats against that hub which is attached to the barrel. That hub's location would determine how far or close the cap would be in comparison to the length of the barrel.

RX Arms makes a Benelli M4 magazine cap that gains an extra 0.15” within the cap which would help offset the location of your magazine cap.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#46]
^^ Nailed it
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I think the tube IS shorter, but one would have to measure it to confirm.

Also, $100 for an endcap?  Yikes!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

But it's TITANIUM
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Fastcycle:
Bought a titanium tube from Carrier Comp...

I have the Panzer version M4
View Quote

Did the Carrier Comp full length tube fit your Panzer M4 with no fitment issues?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

$24.90 shipped and you can load 7 rolled crimp shells Different Endcap

Attachment Attached File
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top