Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:30:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:
Got my replacement front sight from Beretta today!

Completely wrong and doesn’t even fit in the screw hole lol. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/529720/D1CA5859-44D5-4B69-A516-2109C1C1B7D2_jpe-3116279.JPG

Got my CROM on though so I have at least one way of getting a sight picture until they send me the correct part
View Quote

You may be able to drill a hole through the front sight base and use a standard Benelli/1301 front sight. The front sight on the 1301 is just a hole with the sight blade and a nut on the bottom holding it in place. While the blades protecting the front sight are different in the 1301 and A300UP, the base (sight tower) itself is pretty much the same, the only difference being that front screw that holds the protective wing in place. I am not sure why Beretta went with different front sight designs. It can’t be money related because they designed a whole new part and molds for it rather than just using the same front sight they’ve been using across the board on the 1301s and Benelli guns. It is almost like they changed the design just to make them different.

Nut
Front sight

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to decide between the 1301 and the A300. With the 1301 being almost twice the price, leaning towards the A300 but, would hate spending $900 + and not being happy with it.

Would want it primarily for HD, but beyond testing with buckshot and slugs and occasionally verifying its reliability, would mostly shoot cheap bulk ammo from Walmart. Still thinking.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:56:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#3]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Trying to decide between the 1301 and the A300. With the 1301 being almost twice the price, leaning towards the A300 but, would hate spending $900 + and not being happy with it.

Would want it primarily for HD, but beyond testing with buckshot and slugs and occasionally verifying its reliability, would mostly shoot cheap bulk ammo from Walmart. Still thinking.
View Quote
I think the biggest practical difference for most people is the A300 uses a bolt tube. So if you ever wanted to change the stock to something like the Magpul SGA or the Chisel Machining fixed or folding option you can't.
But of course if you plan on leaving it then that doesn't matter at all either.

I have two 1301s and never shot an A300 Ultima Patrol but from everything I've read and seen I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. And it still has a nicer loading port cut than the 1301 too. Put a pro lifter in it and you'll have a great shotgun.

I paid $1595 for my Mod 2.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
I think the biggest practical difference for most people is the A300 uses a bolt tube. So if you ever wanted to change the stock to something like the Magpul SGA or the Chisel Machining fixed or folding option you can't.

I have two 1301s and never shot an A300 Ultima Patrol but from everything I've read and seen I don't think you'd be disappointed with it. And it still has a nicer loading port cut than the 1301 too. Put a pro lifter in it and you'll have a great shotgun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I agree with this. The 1301 is a great shotgun and I love mine but the only real advantage it has over the A300UP is a slightly better gas system, rotating bolt, more durable sights and the ability to use the various stock options hitting the market now. Over all these things are not glaring advantages. The A300UP is a great shotgun and is well tested and has been proven reliable for years now in some extremely harsh hunting conditions that most guns don’t stand up to. The loading port on the A300UP is way better, the pro lifter is an easy upgrade and I wouldn’t be surprised if various companies started producing stocks that fit the A300UP. You really can’t go wrong with either but I’m not sure if the current going price for the 1301 is worth it really. Unless you really, really, want a different stock, I’d say the A300UP is the way to go right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the information. Leaning towards the A300, may keep an eye out for best price now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the information. Leaning towards the A300, may keep an eye out for best price now.
View Quote
Bereli has the best price I see for a black one now. $899
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Thanks. Have a Steyr C9 on the way from them
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

I snagged one today too, just under a grand out the door.

Surprised by the plastic mag extension.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MK318:

I agree with this. The 1301 is a great shotgun and I love mine but the only real advantage it has over the A300UP is a slightly better gas system, rotating bolt, more durable sights and the ability to use the various stock options hitting the market now. Over all these things are not glaring advantages. The A300UP is a great shotgun and is well tested and has been proven reliable for years now in some extremely harsh hunting conditions that most guns don’t stand up to. The loading port on the A300UP is way better, the pro lifter is an easy upgrade and I wouldn’t be surprised if various companies started producing stocks that fit the A300UP. You really can’t go wrong with either but I’m not sure if the current going price for the 1301 is worth it really. Unless you really, really, want a different stock, I’d say the A300UP is the way to go right now.
View All Quotes

so far happy with my A300UP.  The only thing I wish it could do that the 1301 could do, is take the Aridus adapter and magpul stock.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Atropian_Defector:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/8F656798-ECA4-428E-9166-76241D44AE93_jpe-3146532.JPG

View Quote

That's just a cover/end cap
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:47:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#11]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/8F656798-ECA4-428E-9166-76241D44AE93_jpe-3146532.JPG

Nordic Comp and GG&G make a replacement cover now. The NC cover adds a tiny bit of length and on the other side the GG&G cover is slightly shorter. I guess that drives some peoples OCD into over drive because there are people ranting about it around the internet. My Gen 1 has one of the first Nordic Comp extensions on it before Nordic made a dedicated extension for the 1301, the length is about a half an inch longer than the barrel.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/beretta-1301-aluminum-tactical-tube/
https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-1301-replacement-magazine-tube-cover-with-m-lok-barrel-clamp.html
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone using an extended breacher choke on one of these and is there a mag tube buffering out there that is the same length (so a +1)?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Nordic Comp and GG&G make a replacement cover now. The NC cover adds a tiny bit of length and on the other side the GG&G cover is slightly shorter. I guess that drives some peoples OCD into over drive because there are people ranting about it around the internet. My Gen 1 has one of the first Nordic Comp extensions on it before Nordic made a dedicated extension for the 1301, the length is about a half an inch longer than the barrel.

https://nordiccomp.com/categories/beretta-1301-aluminum-tactical-tube/
https://www.gggaz.com/beretta-1301-replacement-magazine-tube-cover-with-m-lok-barrel-clamp.html
View Quote

I have the GG&G on my 1301, wasn't aware of the Nordic one.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Just pulled the trigger on one from them. Watched video reviews, did some reading, and as others said, the only real advantage the 1301 has is the ability to mount a Magpul butt stock, which I don't care about.

I doubt they get cheaper than $899.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Just pulled the trigger on one from them. Watched video reviews, did some reading, and as others said, the only real advantage the 1301 has is the ability to mount a Magpul butt stock, which I don't care about.

View Quote

You won’t regret it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

if you haven't already ordered, see if coupon code BERELIREVIEW5 still works.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:12:40 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Pepperidge Farm remembers sub $1000 1301s pre-covid.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I paid $800ish back in 2017 for my Gen 1 1301. They weren’t very well known yet and they had the bolt release issue that scared a lot of potential buyers away. Beretta and Aridus had a fix for it, so it was a non-issue in only a few months. I paid around $1,000 for my Gen 2 in 2021. I may still buy an A300UP just because I imagine as they get more popular, they will also climb up in price.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

Need a cantilever mount and sling now
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

if you haven't already ordered, see if coupon code BERELIREVIEW5 still works.
View Quote

Appreciate it, but I already ordered.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I broke down and ordered one. Looks like my trusty beretta 1201fp will be headed to the ee.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked mine up today. Surprised at how light it is. Wow. Also surprised it didn't come with a paper manual or trigger lock? I don't use the locks, but do like to own a manual. I downloaded a PDF off Berettas site. Also, didn't realize mine has the screw in chokes, would have preferred a fixed IC bore, but it's ok. Looks like I will get to shoot it Saturday, looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked mine up today. Surprised at how light it is. Wow. Also surprised it didn't come with a paper manual or trigger lock? I don't use the locks, but do like to own a manual. I downloaded a PDF off Berettas site. Also, didn't realize mine has the screw in chokes, would have preferred a fixed IC bore, but it's ok. Looks like I will get to shoot it Saturday, looking forward to it.
View Quote

Is there a downside to screw in chokes? I assume mine will be pretty much the same, gray finish receivers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By takdriver:

Is there a downside to screw in chokes? I assume mine will be pretty much the same, gray finish receivers.
View Quote

If not maintained they can get stuck. When not in the gun they can get bent. When they get bent and put back in the gun they can cause an overpressure situation in the bore...and given how thin shotgun barrels are, boom.

This is one of the big reasons why they aren't liked for police use because people do not maintain them.

I recently obtained a very early Vang Comp modified shotgun that was sold through Gunsite, one of these:

Gunsite: Tactical Shotgun for Self-Defense [Part 1/5]

Relevant part starts at 2:30 in that video.

It had a choke in it...which, naturally, hasn't moved in years. It took about a week of heat, Kroil, and patience to get the fucker loose enough to come out. And I'm still working on cleaning the threads.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Gonna have to order me a limbsaver 10817 for this thing, slugs sucked

Grouped decent though for off-hand with ghost rings.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Threaded chokes are preferred IMO. I have shot a lot of ducks and sporting clays with an 18.5" barrel M1 super 90 and give credit to interchangeable chokes. The old fudds laughed at me showing up to the trap range with that gun I got the last laugh

That said, the gun also had a bead sight. I've been looking a lot at the A300 and 1301 lately and wondering how the ghost ring sights work, if I might be better off with a 1301 comp.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Gonna have to order me a limbsaver 10817 for this thing, slugs sucked

Grouped decent though for off-hand with ghost rings.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2476_jpeg-3152658.JPG
View Quote

I was wondering how the recoil is, this thing feels like a toy it's so light. My 590A1 has to be almost twice the weight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

As long as you remove it, clean it and the threads every few range seasons then no. I only clean my 1301s every thousand rounds and when I do, I remove the chokes and clean them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#30]

I was wondering how the recoil is, this thing feels like a toy it's so light. My 590A1 has to be almost twice the weight.
View Quote
The recoil is not really that bad, granted,
Recoil is a subjective thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
View Quote

I can tell you I’ll never shoot it off the bench again with slugs, only offhand.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

Pump guns recoil way more IMO. Gas guns like the 1301 and A300UP are lighter but the gas and action system eat up some of the recoil. The first time I picked up a 1301 I was shocked how light it was. My Benelli M4 is a boat anchor so I guess I expected the 1301 to be about the same. I expected a lot of recoil because of the weight and I actually had reservations about how durable the 1301 would be. Years and thousands of shells later it turns out I was wrong on both accounts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

I backordered one of these, and hopefully I can use a Romeo5 with it, but they are not as low as an Aimpoint, so we’ll see.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2495_png-3154739.JPG

I backordered one of these, and hopefully I can use a Romeo5 with it, but they are not as low as an Aimpoint, so we’ll see.
View Quote

It’s in stock on Aridus’ website.

https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/beretta-1301-tactical-aimpoint-micro-crom/

I like the mounts from Scalar Works. I am using their RMR on my Gen 1 1301 and their Acro mount on my Gen 2 1301. The RMR mount is ok but it’s a true co-witness and the sight picture is a bit crowded. The ACRO sits a touch higher so the dot is above the irons by a good margin that makes for a much cleaner sight picture. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just sharing my experience with some of the other options.

https://scalarworks.com/shop/integral-mounts/sync-02/

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Threaded chokes are preferred IMO. I have shot a lot of ducks and sporting clays with an 18.5" barrel M1 super 90 and give credit to interchangeable chokes. The old fudds laughed at me showing up to the trap range with that gun I got the last laugh

That said, the gun also had a bead sight. I've been looking a lot at the A300 and 1301 lately and wondering how the ghost ring sights work, if I might be better off with a 1301 comp.
View Quote

I planned on going turkey hunting with mine but was too busy with work. I'm sure the purists would be appalled. I'm not too big on shotguns but I enjoyed shooting it, when I got the chance to test it out.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:04:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#36]

https://www.aridusindustries.com/products/beretta-1301-tactical-aimpoint-micro-crom/

I like the mounts from Scalar Works. I am using their RMR on my Gen 1 1301 and their Acro mount on my Gen 2 1301. The RMR mount is ok but it’s a true co-witness and the sight picture is a bit crowded. The ACRO sits a touch higher so the dot is above the irons by a good margin that makes for a much cleaner sight picture. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, just sharing my experience with some of the other options.

View Quote

That’s true, but for a $40+ differnce, I’ll stick with brownells. The scalarworks micro mount doesn’t work with the rear right installed, so at least this has a ghost ring included. Only the scalarworks RMR mount works in front of the A300 rear sight
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#37]

That’s true, but for a $40+ differnce, I’ll stick with brownells. The scalarworks micro mount doesn’t work with the rear right installed, so at least this has a ghost ring included. Only the scalarworks RMR mount works in front of the A300 rear sight
View All Quotes

The Scalarworks mounts don’t interfere with the rear sight on the A300 and 1301 except when it comes to the T1/T2. The MPS/Acro/SRO work fine with the A300 rear. The mounts cowitness with the factory irons with the other optic options. I assume this is due to the weight of the T1/T2 being too much for the screws. Though I’ve seen plenty of people using the factory pic rail with the T1/T2 and a low mount without any issues.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#38]

The Scalarworks mounts don’t interfere with the rear sight on the A300 and 1301 except when it comes to the T1/T2. The MPS/Acro/SRO work fine with the A300 rear. The mounts cowitness with the factory irons with the other optic options. I assume this is due to the weight of the T1/T2 being too much for the screws. Though I’ve seen plenty of people using the factory pic rail with the T1/T2 and a low mount without any issues.  

View Quote

As I mentioned, I’m not using a T1/T2, just the mount for one and a romeo 5.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

I wasn't really talking so much to you, but more like correcting the incorrect information you had in your message when you said that the scalarworks RMR mount was the only one that works with the A300UPs rear sight. That isn't correct.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#40]
@BrentMG

That tiger stripe model is calling my name lol. Apparently that was a Shotshow only model :(
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By slack_out:
@BrentMG

That tiger stripe model is calling my name lol. Apparently that was a Shotshow only model :(
View Quote

Yeah, they're pretty sharp. I got lucky and buds had one when I was overseas.  Luckily they had the layaway option.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#42]

I wasn't really talking so much to you, but more like correcting the incorrect information you had in your message when you said that the scalarworks RMR mount was the only one that works with the A300UPs rear sight. That isn't correct.
View Quote

Well aren’t we so lucky to have you here to set things straight, glad you got that fixation out of the way.

Then you better go correct this guy too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Well aren’t we so lucky to have you here to set things straight, glad you got that fixation out of the way.

You better go back to page 8 and set things straight to then

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2509_jpeg-3155895.JPG
View All Quotes

You better go back to page 8 and set things straight to then

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523616/IMG_2509_jpeg-3155895.JPG

No need to get bent out of shape man. It isn’t personal. Touch some grass.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#44]
Wierdest doubletap ever
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Got an A300UP for my birthday last August, finally got around to shooting it at the range this weekend. It's a pretty fun little shotgun, everybody enjoyed shooting it. I guess I need to work on my loading technique because I got my finger stuck more than a few times loading it lol... where are you guys buying your 1301 pro lifter's from?

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I haven’t seen them in stock for awhile now. When they were in stock prices were all over the place, ranging from $60 to $90. Now that they are being installed on the Mod 2 1301s, supply is probably even more limited.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I haven’t seen them in stock for awhile now. When they were in stock prices were all over the place, ranging from $60 to $90. Now that they are being installed on the Mod 2 1301s, supply is probably even more limited.
View Quote

I've searched the whole internets and I saw one go for over $300 on ebay

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Picked up a 300UP from my LGS for $900 out the door. It is living up to the hype so far for me. I am impressed with the gun (coming from the Benelli world, M1, M4) and I think it is one of the best bang for the buck guns of 2023... period. I have several tactical shotguns and this one has been the best of out the box in terms of price, features and reliability.

Mine has eaten everything I have fed it, even out of the box of crap ammo everyone gives me when they clean out their grandpas garage. It eats everything and it just runs.

I added an Esstac Velcro card, and I am going to add a red dot, sling and light to it but it doesn't really need much else to be an effective fighting gun. I'll run it in 3 gun this season and see if it chokes, otherwise it may become my new truck gun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Rezarf2:
Picked up a 300UP from my LGS for $900 out the door. It is living up to the hype so far for me. I am impressed with the gun (coming from the Benelli world, M1, M4) and I think it is one of the best bang for the buck guns of 2023... period. I have several tactical shotguns and this one has been the best of out the box in terms of price, features and reliability.

Mine has eaten everything I have fed it, even out of the box of crap ammo everyone gives me when they clean out their grandpas garage. It eats everything and it just runs.

I added an Esstac Velcro card, and I am going to add a red dot, sling and light to it but it doesn't really need much else to be an effective fighting gun. I'll run it in 3 gun this season and see if it chokes, otherwise it may become my new truck gun.
View Quote

I think that sums up the A300UP. It is a solid out of the box semi-auto. The 1301 allows for more customization and has things like an adjustable rear sight and a more advanced gas system but if you don’t care about those things and just want a basic, solid, semi-auto shotgun, the A300U checks that box.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pool_shark] [#50]
Hoping to get some time to shoot it in the next few weeks.

- Custom M81 Cerakote (His & Hers Cerakote, GA)
- Trijicon RMR with scalarworks sync mount (amazing company)
- JK Armament SGX195 in a short configuration
- GG&G AL Magtube
- Berreta 1301 Pro Lifter

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top