Site Notices
MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhoule:
You can swap the stock for a benelli comfort tech 2 stock if you can find one.

Also the technique in the link below

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/06/24/shoot-shotgun-faster-symtac-consulting/
View Quote
Thanks for that video. Yeah I grew up shooting shotguns, and always tried to tuck it in as tightly as I possibly could. It never made shooting full loads very pleasant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The Comforttec stock goes for $300+ when you find them on their own.  Better off just getting a limbsaver recoil pad.

Also, to help the gun function with light target loads, DON'T pull it in hard to your shoulder but shoulder it lightly.  The lighter the gun is held, the more the action can cycle with lighter loads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Blain:
The Comforttec stock goes for $300+ when you find them on their own.  Better off just getting a limbsaver recoil pad.

Also, to help the gun function with light target loads, DON'T pull it in hard to your shoulder but shoulder it lightly.  The lighter the gun is held, the more the action can cycle with lighter loads.
View Quote
That's good to know, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup. M4x.7 screws is what it was.
View Quote

Were you able to find M4x.7 screws that allowed you to mount the Scalarworks Sync/01 on the MAC 1014?  I just tried to install one, and when I realized the screws were a different spec, I searched to see if anyone else had this issue and found your post.  Not thrilled with SDS Imports right now.  Thanks for any additional info you might have.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  I ordered an assortment off Amazon.  I had to grind a couple thread lengths off the screw to keep them flush. But that was the appropriate thread pitch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.  I ordered an assortment off Amazon.  I had to grind a couple thread lengths off the screw to keep them flush. But that was the appropriate thread pitch.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:20:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#7]
Are any of y'all using a sling on the wood guns? I was thinking about a no-drill sling, but then again, I'm not sure I need a sling on what will likely be home use only.
What are your thoughts?
Edit: nevermind, I see in the pics it has sling attachments.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ernest Langdon has some opinions about that.

He is firmly in the NO SLINGS ON SHOTGUNS for home defense camp.

https://youtu.be/Cp1CqLgwb-M?si=ZyiN5CSXwe9e9k7K&t=2512

Why Shotguns? - Feat Langdon Tactical
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The MAC 1014 has an "Uncle Mikes" type QD stud on the buttstock, and it has a metal loop thing on the front, attached to the hardware forward of the handguard.

Not a great arrangment if you care about actual QD.

Maybe you could attach the sling at the front with a quick-release loop knot. There are various flavors you can google.

A barrel clamp with a QD pushbutton recess would probably be a better option.

I saw a guy on another forum who drilled his wood stock, and stuck a QD pushbutton recess in the hole with epoxy.

Fiddling with that Uncle Mike's QD release with gloves or under stress could be fucked up.
Its a "release," but not very QD if you don't get your hand on it just so, and hold your mouth just right.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:04:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool, that'll save a few bucks on the setup.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
My MAC 2 came in to my FFL today, but I didn't have time to pick it up. Now it'll be Thursday before I can get it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Got it in, I'll upload pics tomorrow if I get a chance. Until then I was going to replace the magazine tube with the extension:
https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/mac-80041056-m2-extension-12ga-6-mac-2

The attached tube is not wanting to come off, at least not by hand. Any tips on getting the old tube off so I can put on the extension?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Only one of the Wal-Mart stores close to me continues to have the Winchester bulk-pack Universal 12ga shells on "clearance" yet they still continue to get them in. The sale guy and I are now best friends lol. The other stores have them but they are not showing as "clearance" so they won't honor the price despite showing them my receipts from previous purchases.

In addition to scoring seven more bulk-packs I also bought all the Nitro Turkey 1 1/2oz #5 loads they had at just $5 a box, also on clearance... I bought all 37 boxes. That's $12.50 per box of 25, a great price for a hard-hitting 12ga payload IMO.

Gotta pump up those numbers... the bulk-packs run perfectly in my MAC 1014.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:35:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#14]
The MAC 2's that I've seen online always have the shorter magazine tube. Mine came with an extended magazine tube, but it's a faux one.

Edit 4/26: I ended up turning that faux extendo into a plus 2, and I mean barely a plus 2. When I went to put in an eighth round that 7th wouldn't budge. This is for 2 3/4" shells only.
When I decided to unfaux the magazine my plan was just to push the round limiter to the end of the tube as a spring retainer with my press. That just ended up breaking the limiter, which was plastic. Then I decided to use the retainer from the extended tube that I didn't end up using. Well, the present magazine tube has a recessed area inside that I had to file down with a round file. Took some work, but I ended up with a plus 2 magazine in the end. Now it's 7 plus one 2 3/4".
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#15]
Shot the MAC 2 today. I wanted to have a base line of what to expect for reliability.
I shot about 75 rounds of 2 3/4 field loads, stated 1350 fps. It was Monarch so how accurate that is. Had one malfunction: a failure to load after extraction. I looked at it briefly, wish I would have looked more closely, but I just bumped the charging handle and it went home just fine. The first couple of boxes were with the cyl choke. Others were Buck Kicker Smoke in Skeet and the full that is in the box. I was hoping the butt kicker would make the recoil disappear, but at no point did it really kick like a mule at all. Of course, that's not 3-in Magnums or any high velocity rounds. There toward the end I shot a few 2 3/4 00  buck.
I'm very pleased and it will be a miracle if I don't get another. I know for a fact I'd get a 1014 if one ever came back in stock.
Oh, there was one other issue. I placed a shot and it went way left, especially for as close as I was to the target. The front sight has come loose. No biggie, just center and tighten the tiny nut in the bottom. Well, it didn't take much torque and it stripped. I was able to turn the nut around to get the threads to grab onto the one or two threads it could grab upside down, but it got loose again. I think if I locktite it I'll be ok, so I'll try that when I get a chance.
Tldr, I love this gun. Get you one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Got it in, I'll upload pics tomorrow if I get a chance. Until then I was going to replace the magazine tube with the extension:
https://battlehawkarmory.com/product/mac-80041056-m2-extension-12ga-6-mac-2

The attached tube is not wanting to come off, at least not by hand. Any tips on getting the old tube off so I can put on the extension?
View Quote

Heat, you have to melt the sealant holding it in. A heat gun works fine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#17]
Originally Posted By snuffy19608:

Heat, you have to melt the sealant holding it in. A heat gun works fine.
View Quote
Thanks, I figured that was the case. I'm not going to use it. I contacted Battlehawk to request a return and basically they said, "We can issue a refund minus a 10% restocking fee minus original shipping ( note: a minimum $25." After they got through with these charges it just didn't make sense for me to send it back, and I told them so, not rudely or unkindly. At least I don't think so. My response was, "Yeah that sounds like too much trouble for two bucks, I'll just keep it and I'm sure I can find somebody who wants it."

I finally realized that the plus 6 magazine tube Battlehawk and others are selling is a true plus 6 as in it screws into the end of the magazine that comes just past the handguard. With that setup the magazine extension would go 2 or 3 inches past the end of the barrel and I didn't want that look. 5 plus 1 is plenty for my needs, especially when you add the plus one of a ghost load.
I forgot to add in my last post/ review that you're going to want to have some blue locktite nearby. The front sight, the barrel band, and the faux mag extension kept getting loose. I just checked the rear sight. It was ok, but the rail on top had loose screws. Not a big deal, just something to keep an eye on and address.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snuffy19608] [#18]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
Ernest Langdon has some opinions about that.

He is firmly in the NO SLINGS ON SHOTGUNS for home defense camp.

https://youtu.be/Cp1CqLgwb-M?si=ZyiN5CSXwe9e9k7K&t=2512

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp1CqLgwb-M
View Quote

I agree with Mr. Langdon. I got enough problems moving my old notasfatasitusedtobe ass around without adding a strap that's gonna catch on things.

If you're going on a hike, or carrying a lot of kit, that's one situation where a sling is a good idea. But in my situation, to pick it up from against the wall by the bed, take 2 steps and open the bedroom door, that's different.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if Battlehawk will ever get them back in stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tommyd11730:
View Quote

I hope not... I don't need three...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Still looking for a set of MAC 2 wood furniture.

Let's go MAC!

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Latest evolution

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Got mine this afternoon, ran a dozen rounds of 00 buck shot thru it without any problems, love it and can't wait to shoot it more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:16:16 AM EDT
[#24]

The grain on your fore end looks to be even better than most of these I've seen.  Got any close-up pics?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:48:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brawnydog] [#25]
Originally Posted By BPR:

The grain on your fore end looks to be even better than most of these I've seen.  Got any close-up pics?
View Quote
No, but I'll try to get some today. I have it in the trunk of my car and the magazine (or barrel, probably both) have been rubbing up against some cardboard. Not a big deal to me. I'm not planning on mistreating this gun, but I don't plan on babying it either.
Edit: pics
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tommyd11730:
View Quote

@Tommyd11730

They are back in stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

@Tommyd11730

They are back in stock.
View Quote
Must
Resist
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Must
Resist
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

@Tommyd11730

They are back in stock.
Must
Resist

Do it.

You know you want to.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Do it.

You know you want to.

View Quote
I do, but the angel on my shoulder is telling me to pay off what I already have first!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I do, but the angel on my shoulder is telling me to pay off what I already have first!
View Quote

The pistol grip blued version is $319 when you add it to the cart... that's an insanely cheap price for a SG that functions as these do. I'm fighting the temptation of getting a third one... the wood stock one. A few more bourbons tonight and I just might do it... those are really nice looking SG's.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top