Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you store or hang your belt when you're not using it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:

Why do this over, say the HSGI and other belts that are basically these two parts in one?  A large padded war belt.
View Quote

It makes for a much smaller/narrower padded belt. The big sure grip is huge.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:
View Quote

I hang mine fastened around the hanging rod.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

I made this. It is bolted into 2 studs and has 1 toggle bolt holding it all up. And the pipe flanges are held on with bolts, lock washers, and lock nuts. It holds the weight very well and doesn't move at all when I put all that weight on it. It holds my pc and my belt. But I'll be remaking it. I'm going to build another war belt and get another pc. So I'll need somewhere to hang those, as well.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Emdom CM belt (with pads). Really enjoying this setup compared to the older bulky MOLLE belt.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

A few pieces of Velcro mounted vertically and stick the belt to it. Pull the belt off and put it on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

An arfcommer invented this and esstac agreed to sell it.

https://esstac.com/cobra-buckle-hanger-gen-2/

There is also one which holds both your PC and belt

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#8]

If I ever upgrade my belt (which I want to in the near future) I'll probably go this route.  I currently don't have a Cobra buckle.

I built similar things as other people posted for my PC that I store in my basement next to my safe.  I need something for keeping my belt upstairs where I do most of my dryfiring.  Right now I just lay it down in a spare laundry basket.

Ultimately, this Cobra buckle hanger will be the best solution once I get a new belt.

I do like seeing all the neat things everyone has come up with!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]

+1 for this.

He also has a PC+belts+slings version, which I use. It's fantastic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

+1 for this.

He also has a PC+belts+slings version, which I use. It's fantastic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_4795_JPEG-2587930_JPG-3136405.JPG
View Quote

Who makes that? I don't see that version on Esstac's site
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:27:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#11]
Originally Posted By Whiplash_83:

Who makes that? I don't see that version on Esstac's site
View Quote

Same guy

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Plate-carrier-wall-mount-and-closet-hanger-Battle-belt-cobra-buckle-hanger-/173-2293864/
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

https://a.co/d/ig0Lzjk
View Quote
I bought the 499 tan stuff on ebay.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got this one done... (yes, it has no dump pouch)

Belt
Inner belt pad
Holster
Rifle mag pouches
Pistol mag pouches
IFAK pouch (comes w/tourniquet holder)
Extra tourniquet pouch
Gloves
Glove/utility hook

I'm also going to build one for my Sig. It will be a little bit different, though. For one, the color will be Multicam Black. For the pistol mags, it'll be just 2. And for the IFAK pouch it'll probably be the one from LTC. And I really wish the company that made the holster for my 1911 made one for my Sig/light combo, but they don't. If I want one from them, I'd have to change the light. And while that's not a huge deal, I don't want to spend another $200-$300 just to be able to use a certain holster. BUT... I have another company I'm looking at for a holster that will hold my Sig w/light combo. So I may be using them. And, yes, I've tried Safariland. But no combination I've tried will work with my pistol/light/optic setup.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Very low profile setup.
Sorry for bad quality,  moving and such and just wanted to take a quick pick.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/1000005380-3145001.jpg
Very low profile setup.
Sorry for bad quality,  moving and such and just wanted to take a quick pick.

View Quote

C'mon, man! You gotta give us some info on it, at least. Belt? Pouches? Why just pouches? I can speculate, but I'd rather you give us the specifics.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:10:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#16]
Like i said, moving so, sorry.
Ciguera Battle wagon with BFG beltminus double pistol and two rifle. I got a dark angel med pouch packed that i will find later.
The why, well, I'll let you guess and see if you're right or not
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Ciguera Battle wagon with BFG beltminus double pistol and two rifle. I got a dark angel med pouch packed that i will find later.
View Quote

How do they compare to the regular 10 speed pouches? I have those in single and double pistol and rifle, the rifle pouches reindex better than the pistol pouches fwiw. Even with a few years of daily carry the pistol pouches are pretty tight with both G48 and G17 mags. This all in one setup is interesting.
https://www.vikingtactics.com/shop/vtac-concealed-carry-battle-belt-low-vis/
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

How do they compare to the regular 10 speed pouches? I have those in single and double pistol and rifle, the rifle pouches reindex better than the pistol pouches fwiw. Even with a few years of daily carry the pistol pouches are pretty tight with both G48 and G17 mags. This all in one setup is interesting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

Yeah, saw that, didn't want to wait. That's the principle I'm trying to emulate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
A question for everyone who has a war/battle belt...

Do any of y'all run ear pro on or with your belt? I obviously have ear pro in my range bag. But it just hit me that if I ever needed to throw my belt on for...whatever reason...I really don't want to be popping of shots without some ear pro. And I don't think I need to be wasting time by trying to get into my range bag (even though it's fairly close by).

And if you do, do you use over the ear style like Walker's Razor or Howard Leight or Peltor or Axil or do you use in-ear foamies or in-ear electronic (want to try a pair to see if I like them over my HLs).
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Keep an old set of peltors on the stock of my HD gun
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:

Do any of y'all run ear pro on or with your belt? I obviously have ear pro in my range bag. But it just hit me that if I ever needed to throw my belt on for...whatever reason...I really don't want to be popping of shots without some ear pro. And I don't think I need to be wasting time by trying to get into my range bag (even though it's fairly close by).

And if you do, do you use over the ear style like Walker's Razor or Howard Leight or Peltor or Axil or do you use in-ear foamies or in-ear electronic (want to try a pair to see if I like them over my HLs).
View Quote

That's a good point.  I currently do not keep a set on my belt.  I might squeeze some foamies in my BooBoo pouch I added to my belt recently.  Thanks for the idea!
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Keep an old set of peltors on the stock of my HD gun
View Quote

Yeah I thought about just getting a set like the ones I use in my shop (low profile set I got at the LGS) and just hanging them with my belt/pc. I guess you honestly don't need anything electronic.

But was just wanting to get other ideas or thoughts on it, too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

That's what suppressors are for bro.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Yep, main go guns are suppressed
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I run everything suppressed
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Ear pro is on the rack above the belt, PC, and trauma kit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Last saturday at the open air market on the used Camo clothing pile i found this czech m95 Camo blast belt with the 3a insert but no buckle for the whopping sum of 3$. I never had a blast belt, i May try to set up something with It. I Will be instructor for a small LE/Mil liaison (thanks army ) basic medical care under fire, i May try It at that time (no firing or real weapons involved tho).
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
https://images2.imgbox.com/04/16/DUP9UL4E_o.jpg

Last saturday at the open air market on the used Camo clothing pile i found this czech m95 Camo blast belt with the 3a insert but no buckle for the whopping sum of 3$. I never had a blast belt, i May try to set up something with It. I Will be instructor for a small LE/Mil liaison (thanks army ) basic medical care under fire, i May try It at that time (no firing or real weapons involved tho).
View Quote

Had to look up blast belt; I'd never heard of one (never been in the military so I'm not very knowledgeable about things).
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

No.

Primary ear pro is best case, ear pro on the gun is secondary
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I credit RustedAce for this move. Huge benefit.  Keep ears with the gun at all times. Very simple, very useful

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
I credit RustedAce for this move. Huge benefit.  Keep ears with the gun at all times. Very simple, very useful

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20180412_180214_noexif-3147362.jpg
View Quote

Same here, although not sure where I picked it up. It’s also the only stock anyone should own.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Same here, although not sure where I picked it up. It’s also the only stock anyone should own.
View All Quotes

SOPMOD is just so great. Totally agree.

I sometimes do Magpul STR
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Another question (yes, I'm full of them):

Do y'all think a war belt IFAK is HSA/FSA eligible? I know there are a few that come with the full kit already in them and was just curious.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Another question (yes, I'm full of them):

Do y'all think a war belt IFAK is HSA/FSA eligible? I know there are a few that come with the full kit already in them and was just curious.
View Quote

Not legal advice, but I've purchased IFAKS through FSA
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I've definitely bought IFAKs with HSA but not the pouch.  I did separate purchases.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I've definitely bought IFAKs with HSA but not the pouch.  I did separate purchases.

Yeah I normally just buy the IFAK stuff then use that to put in whatever pouch I want. But I figured that if a war belt pouch (with contents) is HSA/FSA eligible, I'd buy one using my FSA card instead of buying just the pouch then putting in my own stuff.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I've never used HSA dollars for anything, but Dark Angel Medical has "HSA/FSA Approved" right on their home page.  I need another IFAK, so maybe I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Plugs are for poors. Put a can on that bitty
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DisposableHero:
https://everydaymarksman.files.wordpress.com/2024/02/cm-bb-main-1.jpeg

Emdom CM belt (with pads). Really enjoying this setup compared to the older bulky MOLLE belt.
View Quote
@DisposableHero,

What holster is that?  It looks like at least a Level II retention holster.  I need a LII with optic for my M18.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Yeah I normally just buy the IFAK stuff then use that to put in whatever pouch I want. But I figured that if a war belt pouch (with contents) is HSA/FSA eligible, I'd buy one using my FSA card instead of buying just the pouch then putting in my own stuff.
View All Quotes

I have purchased through Dark Angel with my HSA card. Both times I have purchased kits that came with pouches.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
@DisposableHero,

What holster is that?  It looks like at least a Level II retention holster.  I need a LII with optic for my M18.

Thanks!

View Quote

@Merlin

That's a Dara Level II. I have it set up on their ALQD mount with a straight drop adapter and leg strap attachment.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Yes.

I'm back in a commie state unfortunately. So I keep ear pro (and eye pro) collapsed, and in my dump pouch. The weight is negligible. However, I do keep some Peltors attached to my TW ballistic helmet, so depending on the situation, I could take or leave one behind. Remember, ballistic brain buckets are heavy and cumbersome. I also keep one of those small, clear HL containers with stringed foam plugs as they are somewhat more dummy corded and would less likely be harder to misplace.

Learned my lessons from the mistakes of others
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GSAR426:

I have purchased through Dark Angel with my HSA card. Both times I have purchased kits that came with pouches.
View Quote

Mainly what I'm talking about is the ready-made kits that come in a pouch that's meant for a war belt. Like the ones from Blue Force Gear, Flatline Fiber Co., or Warrior Poet Society. They say Trauma Kit or Med Kit or Medical Pouch, but I don't know of the FSA/HSA would cover it since it's not tagged as a "First Aid Kit". I know buying just the contents are covered. But buying it already inside the war belt pouch...I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#44]

@Merlin

That's a Dara Level II. I have it set up on their ALQD mount with a straight drop adapter and leg strap attachment.
View All Quotes
@DisposableHero,

Thanks!

@Merlin

$$$:  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Alpha-17:
I've never used HSA dollars for anything, but Dark Angel Medical has "HSA/FSA Approved" right on their home page.  I need another IFAK, so maybe I'll give it a try.
View Quote

It'll take an extra day or two to process the HSA/FSA payment, but they're good to go.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Mainly what I'm talking about is the ready-made kits that come in a pouch that's meant for a war belt. Like the ones from Blue Force Gear, Flatline Fiber Co., or Warrior Poet Society. They say Trauma Kit or Med Kit or Medical Pouch, but I don't know of the FSA/HSA would cover it since it's not tagged as a "First Aid Kit". I know buying just the contents are covered. But buying it already inside the war belt pouch...I'm not sure.
View Quote

Depends on how the company you're buying from runs payments. HSA/FSA are processed differently, buying from a first aid company, yes, buying from a gear company, probably not.

Dark Angel will process their kits as HSA/FSA. It takes an extra day or two, sometimes, because they have to run it differently than a straight credit card processor.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#47]
$$$:  

Thanks!

View Quote

Pricing is about on par with what you'd expect for known quality holsters from Safariland, G-Code, etc. I also have to pay a bit of a premium due to my hipstereque taste in guns that nobody else tends to make holsters for. You can save money by not going down the QD rabbit hole, but I swap between my CZ P07 and CZ P10F for different things, so a QD solution makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By elmidgeto:

Depends on how the company you're buying from runs payments. HSA/FSA are processed differently, buying from a first aid company, yes, buying from a gear company, probably not.

Dark Angel will process their kits as HSA/FSA. It takes an extra day or two, sometimes, because they have to run it differently than a straight credit card processor.
View Quote

Well, I tried to order an IFAK war belt pouch from Flatline Fiber Co. and the card got declined. I know the card is good because I used it on the NAR site and it went through like normal.

So I guess you're right. They probably process it differently. And I see that NAR has the Reflex IFAK System kit from High Speed Gear on their site. But the price is a bit high, and I'm not fond of the way it works once you get it out of the carrier. I like the P.I.M.P version from Flatline Fiber Co. or the one from Warrior Poet Society (although his are rarely in stock except in a single color).

And it's not that I don't have enough stuff to fill several war belt IFAK kits (probably enough to fill 10, at least). But I was just thinking that if I could use an FSA/HSA card to buy the whole thing, I'd go that route, instead.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Pricing is about on par with what you'd expect for known quality holsters from Safariland, G-Code, etc. I also have to pay a bit of a premium due to my hipstereque taste in guns that nobody else tends to make holsters for. You can save money by not going down the QD rabbit hole, but I swap between my CZ P07 and CZ P10F for different things, so a QD solution makes sense.
View Quote

That's kind of my issue. When I'm looking for a holster, I have to make sure they can at least make one for the P226 Legion SAO with my light choice. I do have to modify it just a bit, though. Bu that's not an issue. The holster I just received a couple days ago I had to do that to. The gun would go in, but it was pretty tight. So I heated it up with my heat gun and got it a little bit pliable. I then waited a few seconds for it to start cooling, then slid my pistol inside and squeezed it with a towel to set it. Now it fits perfectly. So if they can do one for a P226 Legion SAO with my light, I'm good. The only downside of that holster company is they don't do Level II holsters. So I have to use another company if I want one made for my next war belt (which hopefully I'll be starting on soon).

I really wish G-Code made one for my Sig. I love my 1911 holster from them. It's SO easy to draw using the locking mechanism and even easier to re-holster. Sadly, they don't have one that'll fit my light.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I keep my muffs with my helmet.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top