Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2009 3:31:18 PM EDT
I recall seeing pics of RIT dyed ACU's and was wanting to try it this week while I have some time off from work.  
Any recomendations on how to get a darker woodland-ish green?  Any links to the original thread would be appreciated too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2009 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Google "RIT dyed ACU's"....I just did and got several hundered pics....
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried it with brown dye to try and tone down the lighter colors. It resulted in a "blurple"uniform.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pictorial I did over the summer.

A closeup of the ACU's:

Left to right is Tan with a little dark brown, Standard un-dyed ACU, and ACU with Tan.
Since then I have taken many many more, but I'm kinda pressed for time at the moment.  If you want I can post more pics of them taken during summer and fall with comparisons to other camos.  Ill try to check back tomorrow if you're interested.
-K

Link Posted: 12/30/2009 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
the ones one the far right look really good.  The people in charge of camo for the army are as bad as any other bureaucrats in the government.
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Special-K.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I was wanting to see if I could make them more of a darker woodland-ish green.  Have you tried that yet?
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks Special-K.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I was wanting to see if I could make them more of a darker woodland-ish green.  Have you tried that yet?

I did but they went so dark its one dark green blob. cant even see the camo effect
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did but they went so dark its one dark green blob. cant even see the camo effect

I have had 'decentish' results in mixing 3/4 of a bottle of Tan and 1/4 bottle of Dark Green, but it wasn't spectacular.  As above, if you go too green it becomes a blob.

I would consider 1/2 Tan and 1/2 Dark Green, or maybe 2/3 Tan and 1/3 Dark Green.
-K

Link Posted: 1/5/2010 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to hijack, but that's pretty freaking amazing what a cheap dye job does with that ACU.  Makes it almost that much more dumbheaded why they chose that in the first place.

Nice Post Special K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top