Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2011 12:19:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Hawaii's red dirt always did the trick for me, I would use what kind of dirt is around you as pretty much any mud in the world will stain ACU.
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2011 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried dyeing some and didn't like the way it came out.  The brown really turned the pouch almost red and the green just basically darkened the acu.  I think I'm gonna paint some and see how that turns out.  Thank God for canteen pouches and grenade pouches.  

If anyone has a link to a thread with some painted acu or some actual pics, that would be great.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I painted a chest rig tonight and it came out half way decent. It basically just faded the brightness of the ACU in the same way the dirt and grime a deployment would. I'll get pics up later.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 5:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the paint job I did.  I can't figure out how to dye acu and not have it be red or dark green and I only have so many pouches that I can make look stupid

The mag shingle I left half unpainted to illustrate the difference.  I used Krylon tan, brown and OD

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is what I did tonight.

This shows the variation since I didn't do the back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/25/2011 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I read if you soak ACU in a vat full of Tiger Blood it comes out Multicam...

CXS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top