Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:51:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#1]
Remember I didn't say it's impossible to carry this stuff-but doing so in a snag free and streamlined manner just isn't an option. You WILL be fighting against your gear.

This is essentially the same amount of bulk if (minus coms, wires, and backpanel) and we haven't even gotten to the pistol mags yet. Just to give you an idea of what you're asking for.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:38:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sidpost] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Ok, going back over your original requirements,  I think youbwould benefit from keeping a jpc slick and running a placard/pack combo over it. Something like a flatpack and dc3r heavy. Another option would be to direct mount a pack to your pc and run the d3cr as the placard.
You're going to be carrying a metric shit ton of weight in ammo. Forgive me if I missed the reasoning behind this.  I would suggest getting together everything you want to run on your person together and seeing what it comes out to. Pics would definitely help us help you. A basic ammo load on your person and additional in a pack might be better than lugging everything,  but then again,  my experience is not in backpacking, but is sitting in a security post for hours on end.
View Quote
Yes, thinking things through, the weight seems to potentially be oppressive.

With no practical experience with a heavier plate carrier and its load out, I am probably going to need to rethink things to stay reasonably light enough I can move with adequate speed over longer distances.

In retrospect, I don't need to load out like a door kicker with an M-16 so, I probably need to consider dumping a magazine or two for the rifle and cutting the pistol mags down as well.  Especially since the goal is to put distance between myself and the problem.

I need to think more along the backpacking mindset and downsize my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sidpost:

With no practical experience with heavier plate carrier and its load out, I am probably going to need to rethink things to stay reasonably light enough I can move with adequate speed over longer distances.

In retrospect, I don't need to load out like a door kicker with an M-16 so, I probably need to consider dumping a magazine or two for the rifle and cutting the pistol mags down as well.  Especially since the goal is to put distance between myself and the problem.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Ok, going back over your original requirements,  I think youbwould benefit from keeping a jpc slick and running a placard/pack combo over it. Something like a flatpack and dc3r heavy. Another option would be to direct mount a pack to your pc and run the d3cr as the placard.
You're going to be carrying a metric shit ton of weight in ammo. Forgive me if I missed the reasoning behind this.  I would suggest getting together everything you want to run on your person together and seeing what it comes out to. Pics would definitely help us help you. A basic ammo load on your person and additional in a pack might be better than lugging everything,  but then again,  my experience is not in backpacking, but is sitting in a security post for hours on end.

With no practical experience with heavier plate carrier and its load out, I am probably going to need to rethink things to stay reasonably light enough I can move with adequate speed over longer distances.

Agreed.

If you want to carry your original load it's doable. But it's not light, streamlined, or snag free.

4 spare rifle mags. 3 on chest, 1 on belt
3 spare pistol mags. 1 on chest, 2 on belt. If you want more ammo consider mag extensions.

This will leave much of the cummerbund slick which will help with the streamlined affect you desired.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Remember I didn't say it's impossible to carry this stuff-but doing so in a snag free and streamlined manner just isn't an option. You WILL be fighting against your gear.

This is essentially the same amount of bulk if (minus coms, wires, and backpanel) and we haven't even gotten to the pistol mags yet. Just to give you an idea of what you're asking for.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshttot_20231017-064843_Instagram_jpg-2994747.JPG
View Quote

That side pouch on the left is a hard NO!  The cylindrical pouches on 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock positions look bad as well.

I think I need to get something like the D3CR Heavy on my JPC and maybe a Flatpack to educate myself better before I dive into "the deep end of the pool to learn I can't swim"!.  Doing "Lego work" with pouches and mag carriers from my original original rifle would help me do some test layouts (not particularly functional) as well so I don't buy something that I simply don't have room for or want to support weight-wise since it would be so over the top in terms of reasonable needs.  After all, there is no substitute for me personally crossing a barb wire fence and hiking in the "woods" with a representative carrier load out.  This would also let me improve my physical conditioning while adding individual pieces to my kit when I see the need.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]

That side pouch on the left is a hard NO!  The cylindrical pouches on 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock positions look bad as well.

I think I need to get something like the D3CR Heavy on my JPC and maybe a Flatpack to educate myself better before I dive into "the deep end of the pool to learn I can't swim"!.  Doing "Lego work" with pouches and mag carriers from my original original rifle would help me do some test layouts (not particularly functional) as well so I don't buy something that I simply don't have room for or want to support weight-wise since it would be so over the top in terms of reasonable needs.  After all, there is no substitute for me personally crossing a barb wire fence and hiking in the "woods" with a representative carrier load out.  This would also let me improve my physical conditioning while adding individual pieces to my kit when I see the need.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshttot_20231017-064843_Instagram_jpg-2994747.JPG

Good place to start. The heavy rig extends to the same distance as the pouches at the 2 and 10. I have a mayflower rig at work that's the same size and am very familiar with the layout
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I think you should read through the jungle kit thread to get ideas.

Patrolling in the jungle might give you some good ideas
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
How is the Agilite K-zero with heat and sweat absorption? I'm trying to decide between it and a JPC. I like the idea of the extra comfort on the K-zero but if it's really hot and absorbs sweat that could be a deal breaker.

My main uses will be working out with it but I want it functional for emergencies and about 1 carbine class every year or so. Not real concerned with the cost differences between the two.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 2:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#8]
Originally Posted By airrick2003:
How is the Agilite K-zero with heat and sweat absorption? I'm trying to decide between it and a JPC. I like the idea of the extra comfort on the K-zero but if it's really hot and absorbs sweat that could be a deal breaker.

My main uses will be working out with it but I want it functional for emergencies and about 1 carbine class every year or so. Not real concerned with the cost differences between the two.
View Quote

It does well, same mesh ventilation setup as the K19, which I've used the hell out of in Florida heat (I haven't died yet) and in the rain.  It has less material overall than the K19 so could actually be cooler.

If you decide on the K-Zero, it's worth picking up their Structural Cummerbund too.  Comfy, versatile, adds a lot of load bearing capability as an option while still being able to run the slicker/slimmer profile with the stock 'bund on the K-Zero as the need arises. And unlike the K19, you won't need to weave a MOLLE adaptor on the back to run it on the K-Zero.

Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

This company, Qore Performance, rates plate carriers based on qualities like thermal transmittance, absorption and weight change, etc. They just reviewed the K-Zero the other day:

???????????????? ?????????????????? ????????????: ?????????????? ??-???????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????? [????????????
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the pics and insight Croak, and the informative video DDS87. Interesting to see the real world user input vs the hard data.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]

With no practical experience with a heavier plate carrier and its load out, I am probably going to need to rethink things to stay reasonably light enough I can move with adequate speed over longer distances.

View Quote

Rifle is your primary and a lot more effective than a pistol. The pistol is only for if you get caught without the rifle or shit has gone really sideways. One or two reloads for the pistol on a belt would be enough IMO, and you could carry 33 rounders in a pack if you wanted more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#12]
I like the idea of the extra comfort on the K-zero but if it's really hot and absorbs sweat that could be a deal breaker.
View Quote

A Maxx-Dri vest under a minimally padded plate carrier will probably offer the best ventilation.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am looking to add a HSGI M3T pouch to the bottom of my carrier in a dangler setup. Would like to use the QASM buckles shown in this video, but I can only find the female side buckles available. Anyone have a lead on the male buckles, or a good alternative? Buckles are shown at the 2:40 mark in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsOALPOcW8I
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:
I am looking to add a HSGI M3T pouch to the bottom of my carrier in a dangler setup. Would like to use the QASM buckles shown in this video, but I can only find the female side buckles available. Anyone have a lead on the male buckles, or a good alternative? Buckles are shown at the 2:40 mark in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsOALPOcW8I
View Quote

I just bought some from Milspec Monkey.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

I just bought some from Milspec Monkey.
View Quote

Am I missing the male side buckles that would insert vertically into the molle webbing? I see the ones that would insert horizontally.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GTRider245:

Am I missing the male side buckles that would insert vertically into the molle webbing? I see the ones that would insert horizontally.
View Quote

It looks like he was using the Duraflex Molle Tee Mount. It mentions that sewing is required for some uses.

I found these and these ready to go, there may be other vendors that offer them as well.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

It looks like he was using the Duraflex Molle Tee Mount. It mentions that sewing is required for some uses.

I found these and these ready to go, there may be other vendors that offer them as well.
View Quote

These will absolutely work. Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Under what conditions is an admin pouch a benefit? I am mainly setting up for when shit goes sideways, but also want to run some classes. I have a JPC 2.0 with the Esstac Deodon 3 mag placard and the zip on back panel that is covered in molle and has a hydration pouch in it. I also have a radio setup for vhf ham bands/MURS. My son in law is also wanting to set up his own rig.
I'm an old squid who doesn't miss the ocean. I live outside of a small town. I thought we were pretty secure being six miles off the highway, behind other ranches. Then a few months ago we had a situation with a fugitive running around in our area. He was armed, but apparently a city boy who got lost trying to disappear into the brush and ended up caught that night. I started building a better setup and a PC was something I wanted. Turns out crime moved in to small town Texas while I was away fighting communism. Meth heads, biker drug runners, theft, B&E, etc.
I don't want to get overloaded with excess gear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
Under what conditions is an admin pouch a benefit? I am mainly setting up for when shit goes sideways, but also want to run some classes. I have a JPC 2.0 with the Esstac Deodon 3 mag placard and the zip on back panel that is covered in molle and has a hydration pouch in it. I also have a radio setup for vhf ham bands/MURS. My son in law is also wanting to set up his own rig.
I'm an old squid who doesn't miss the ocean. I live outside of a small town. I thought we were pretty secure being six miles off the highway, behind other ranches. Then a few months ago we had a situation with a fugitive running around in our area. He was armed, but apparently a city boy who got lost trying to disappear into the brush and ended up caught that night. I started building a better setup and a PC was something I wanted. Turns out crime moved in to small town Texas while I was away fighting communism. Meth heads, biker drug runners, theft, B&E, etc.
I don't want to get overloaded with excess gear.
View Quote

There are plenty of th8ngs we will need that aren't beans bullets and bandaids. Maps, reference cards, pens paper and the like. You just have to lay out what you need and then figure out where it goes
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a large one that I got in a trade with some other stuff. It is as big as a three mag shingle. Hopefully it will fit on the placard I ordered.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#21]
For those that have LV119s with non-Spiritus cummerbunds, what cummerbunds are there that are a non skeletonized molle style with tubes? I ordered LV119 bags as I’m moving away from my 6094 but I’d like a solid style cummerbund, possibly one that accepts soft armor without having to add extra pockets.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
For those that have LV119s with non-Spiritus cummerbunds, what cummerbunds are there that are a non skeletonized molle style with tubes? I ordered LV119 bags as I’m moving away from my 6094 but I’d like a solid style cummerbund, possibly one that accepts soft armor without having to add extra pockets.
View Quote

Your options are limited as the market has shifted away from that. The closest thing without additional accessories would be the Shaw bund but it's still skeletonized and needs plate bags. I think vxv or axl makes an adapter so you'd be able to use something like the first spear one (I forget the name but it's designed around soft armor).

Frankly, with how good the axl bund is I'd just get that and add the platebag.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#23]
For those that have LV119s with non-Spiritus cummerbunds, what cummerbunds are there that are a non skeletonized molle style with tubes?
View Quote

Because of how the cummerbund anchors to the LV119, skeletonized versions would allow for more adjustment.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Got my PC and belt about 90% figured out.

Belt specs:
Defense Mechanisms Mech belt
Safariland holster on a MHA for my G17 with a X300
Esstac Kywi double pistol mag pouch
BFG 10 speed rifle mag pouch
Tactical Tailor dump pouch
Live The Creed Responder IFAK

PC Specs
Large LV119 overt and tubes CB with Highcom 4sas7 plates
BFG 10 speed pouch on CB
Unobtanium Gear SLEDS placard with TQ dangler (still need another CAT-7)
Shaw ARC shoulder pads

Only things I still need is a carabiner for my gloves on the belt and GP pouch for the right side CB for common use range stuff.

Stuff I’m considering or reconsidering is lighter plates, possibly M210s or saving up for a set of lighter weight level 3+ plates, and then the back panel. Debating on a molle panel with a camelback or just a regular backpack style camel back over everything.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Got my PC and belt about 90% figured out.

Belt specs:
Defense Mechanisms Mech belt
Safariland holster on a MHA for my G17 with a X300
Esstac Kywi double pistol mag pouch
BFG 10 speed rifle mag pouch
Tactical Tailor dump pouch
Live The Creed Responder IFAK

PC Specs
Large LV119 overt and tubes CB with Highcom 4sas7 plates
BFG 10 speed pouch on CB
Unobtanium Gear SLEDS placard with TQ dangler (still need another CAT-7)
Shaw ARC shoulder pads

Only things I still need is a carabiner for my gloves on the belt and GP pouch for the right side CB for common use range stuff.

Stuff I’m considering or reconsidering is lighter plates, possibly M210s or saving up for a set of lighter weight level 3+ plates, and then the back panel. Debating on a molle panel with a camelback or just a regular backpack style camel back over everything.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430237/IMG_9427_jpeg-3105540.JPG
View Quote

Nice.

Why do you want a backpanel?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Nice.

View Quote

It would really just be for a molle mounted water source. Other than that, a panel would just be there to add a layer of cloth and pull the zippers in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#27]

It would really just be for a molle mounted water source. Other than that, a panel would just be there to add a layer of cloth and pull the zippers in.
View All Quotes

Nice.

Gotcha.

That's about all they are good for. Even the self accessible ones like first spear and shaw have limitations
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I will get a ton of flack for this one, but it has a specific purpose

Yes, for starters, it's Condor. However, my personal experience with Condor over the last several years of every day use of an admin pouch as cell phone holder and improvised IFAK has been very positive, plus I really needed to keep overall costs down. Also, I am a stupidvisor, (note fat stupidvisor gut),so most of my day is behind a desk.
Things that leaps out to everyone here - no rifle mag pouches. I intend to put a kangaroo carrier in the map pouch, just haven't done it yet. This is a work related item, and won't be run hard all day long, but used every so often at best. Also, I don't carry a rifle everyday at work, but we issue Glocks and required holsters, hence the spare pistol mag pouch and of course, the handcuff and OC pouches. I will probably have to move the OC down a notch for better access to the kangaroo pouch, but the radio pouch stays, perfectly located for our issued radios. Plates are lightweight level III poly, and though there is pouches for side plates, I haven't picked any up yet. No IFAK because there is a NAR Belt Trauma kit on my duty belt. I may add a small one to that empty spot, JUST in case I grab this off duty, same reason for the Kangaroo pouch...though if I needed one at work, I could get an AR issued.
I have a Tactical Tailor Joey hydration pouch I COULD add to the back, but might make sitting at that cheap office chair less than comfortable, right until I had to bail out for something insane. This is merely the first try at a setup, and the whole thing is amazingly light, compared to my first tries with steel back in the day.
BTW the tan pouch you can barely see to the far left is actually that belt pouch I mentioned earlier. It is worn every single day, and over 5 years I think maybe 5 people have commented on it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
I will get a ton of flack for this one, but it has a specific purpose

https://i.imgur.com/GDWlZy5.jpg

Yes, for starters, it's Condor. However, my personal experience with Condor over the last several years of every day use of an admin pouch as cell phone holder and improvised IFAK has been very positive, plus I really needed to keep overall costs down. Also, I am a stupidvisor, (note fat stupidvisor gut),so most of my day is behind a desk.
Things that leaps out to everyone here - no rifle mag pouches. I intend to put a kangaroo carrier in the map pouch, just haven't done it yet. This is a work related item, and won't be run hard all day long, but used every so often at best. Also, I don't carry a rifle everyday at work, but we issue Glocks and required holsters, hence the spare pistol mag pouch and of course, the handcuff and OC pouches. I will probably have to move the OC down a notch for better access to the kangaroo pouch, but the radio pouch stays, perfectly located for our issued radios. Plates are lightweight level III poly, and though there is pouches for side plates, I haven't picked any up yet. No IFAK because there is a NAR Belt Trauma kit on my duty belt. I may add a small one to that empty spot, JUST in case I grab this off duty, same reason for the Kangaroo pouch...though if I needed one at work, I could get an AR issued.
I have a Tactical Tailor Joey hydration pouch I COULD add to the back, but might make sitting at that cheap office chair less than comfortable, right until I had to bail out for something insane. This is merely the first try at a setup, and the whole thing is amazingly light, compared to my first tries with steel back in the day.
BTW the tan pouch you can barely see to the far left is actually that belt pouch I mentioned earlier. It is worn every single day, and over 5 years I think maybe 5 people have commented on it.
View Quote

Not knowing what you do for work, the only thing that I would change is to orient the pouches a bit tidier. That's just my OCD talking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:00:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#30]
Corrections, Complex Security Shift Commander.
I moved the OC pouch down one notch, put in the Kangaroo pouch, (radio pouch blocks one mag), and the ersatz IFAK on the other side of the cummerbund.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Corrections, Complex Security Shift Commander.
I moved the OC pouch down one notch, put in the Kangaroo pouch, (radio pouch blocks one mag), and the ersatz IFAK on the other side of the cummerbund.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/360589/1000004875_jpg-3106701.JPG
View Quote

I'm guessing your radios don't have hand mikes, hence why it's up on the top?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, unless I feel like buying my own. Since gear is issued out per day, if I forgot to take my mike off, well, it's gone forever. I know this is poors gear, sorry, state slaves aren't rich.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes, unless I feel like buying my own. Since gear is issued out per day, if I forgot to take my mike off, well, it's gone forever. I know this is poors gear, sorry, state slaves aren't rich.
View Quote

I was more clarifying why its up there and not where you can take it out to talk. There's nothing wrong with sinking money into some basic gear beyond what you're given, Ive done it before. I just personally hate having bulky pouches that high up is all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, that's why it's up there, so I can hear it without having to tie up a hand holding it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#35]
@Survivorman93
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Nearly a two year old picture, but not much has changed since then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#38]
How much flat tubing is usually carried on a PC?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
I mocked up the amount I'd need for a hasty, full body drag handle of a roughly adult sized person and added a few feet for the tie off. It's not perfect but that's OK with me. We're talking very niche stuff that almost certainly will never be used.

It takes up little room and weighs nothing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I have close to 40 feet of it on a roll. I made a Darcy strap for my rig and always order more stuff than I need when buying raw materials.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Had a night shoot the other night and tried out the DOPE pouch on the Advanced Slickster. Worked out nicely, rifle mags were slightly harder to grab compared to the KTAR due to the admin pouch and handgun mags being in front. Not a big deal rather way.

Got dumped on with snow for the last two hours.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:16:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2apatriot] [#43]
Lvl 4 plates, JPC 2.0 with a spiritus Mk4 and a Coyote medical pouch on the side. I'm debating between changing some things on this or just putting together a new PC. I want Hesco 3810s, which would be almost half the weight of these plates. A triple mag placard with only one level, TQ holders on the sides of the placard, and a dangler for the rest of a blowout kit. Has anyone tried the Tracer tactical plate bags? They look like an interesting option for some versatility/scalability.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:15:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#44]
Issue MVS
Attachment Attached File

Ronin belt
Attachment Attached File

Personal JPC
Attachment Attached File

Ferro Roll one trauma pouch will be here Tuesday to replace the HSGI Blowout on the JPC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#45]

New to me Eagle AERO, one of my dream carriers that I finally got ahold of!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Got one of the new unobtainium K sleds placards. Also rigged up a way to try my IFAK as a dangler with some one wrap

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:25:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#47]
View Quote

We carry enough to make a 4-5" drag handle. I've had to use them quite a bit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#48]
New kit, who dis?

Kit List:

Plate Carrier:
Crye JPC 2.0 (w/ESAPI plates and soft armor backers)
HSGI WAS/WEE Shoulder Pads
HSGI TACO rifle pouches x 4
Spiritus SPUD pouch-Clone w/smoke grenade
5.11 Flex Radio 2.0 Pouch w/ Baofeng UV-5R radio and hand mic
5.11 Flex Medium GP Pouch
IDOGEAR Pack Panel w/CamelBak Bladder

Belt:

HSGI Laser Sure-Grip Padded Belt-Slotted w/cobra buckle inner belt
5.11 Double Pistol Mag Pouch
HSGI Polymer TACO Rifle Pouch x2
Benchmade Nimravus
Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch
Dark Angel Medical S.P.E.A.R. IFAK
HSGI Soft TACO w/Nalgene 32oz Narrow Mouth Oasis Bottle
Safariland 6390RDS
HSGI Pistol TACO pouch w/Leatherman multitool
NAR C-A-T Holder w/Gen7 CAT

Worn:

ACH with MC cover, and Solaithe Helmet Wisp, Rhodesian Brushstroke
Fireforce Ventures Combat Shirt Rhodesian Brushstroke
Fireforce Ventures Combat Pants Rhodesian Brushstroke
Unknown Brand Operator Cap, Rhodesian Brushstroke
Mechanix Wear Original Gloves

Weapons:
FN SCAR 17S w/Tight Chutes Chimera Adjustable Sling (Rhodesian Brushstroke)
SIG Sauer P320-M17

After using MultiCam as my primary, go-to camo for the better part of two decades, I've come to the decision it isn't the best pattern moving forward.  It works great, but it is over-used, potentially leading to IFF concerns if things get... weird.  As such, I've decided to make more use of other patterns, and shift my gear to coyote brown to be more pattern neutral.  Since I'm making that switch, figured it'd be worth the effort to upgrade more than a few items as well in the process.  I started working on this early this year, and it's finally "finished."  I'm not completely convinced I'll leave it exactly as it is now, with several items included on a trial basis, namely the SPUD-clone and the back panel.  I like the flexibility of the SPUD design, but couldn't bring myself to pay $60 for one, especially if I didn't like it.  Might grab a real one down the line if I like the Clone.  Same concept for the back panel; not sold on the concept, but figured I'd give it a try, and upgrade down the line if I like it.  If not, I'll try to get a MOLLE panel and just use it to cover the bungie cummerbund attachments.  

The selection of RBS here was pretty simple, I like it.  It's a good pattern, works in my AO pretty well year round, which makes it a good replacement for MC, and it isn't widely used but is available.  Finally, Leftists hate it, so no chance of those clowns using it.  Literally the top comment from a conversation in the SRA's Reddit group on the subject of camo and gear:

Now to get it out and test the gear on the range and in the field.  I've been rucking with the PC/uniform the last month or so, and it works fine, but it's not quite the same as getting out and moving in full kit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#49]
Originally Posted By Alpha-17:
After using MultiCam as my primary, go-to camo for the better part of two decades, I've come to the decision it isn't the best pattern moving forward.  It works great, but it is over-used, potentially leading to IFF concerns if things get... weird.  As such, I've decided to make more use of other patterns, and shift my gear to coyote brown to be more pattern neutral.  

The selection of RBS here was pretty simple, I like it.  It's a good pattern, works in my AO pretty well year round, which makes it a good replacement for MC, and it isn't widely used but is available.  Finally, Leftists hate it, so no chance of those clowns using it.  Literally the top comment from a conversation in the SRA's Reddit group on the subject of camo and gear:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53636547677_f5e13a7018.jpg
View Quote

SRA mad, LOL.

Multicam was so great when it was still a civilian camo .  Going mainstream meant lots of gear available etc, but as you say, possibly problematic on the IFF side.

I like RBS and it works well in my area too.  I've been a FFV buyer since their beginning.  But it does have a negative connotation with some folks.  Most of whom I probably wouldn't want to know, but I'd also like the opportunity to fly under their radar too.

I like the West German Stumpftarn from FFV, but again, folks think it is Third Reich.

So I'm down to niche stuff like Pencott Badlands or Devil Dog, or Finnish M04 desert.  There's some other super-cool stuff but you're stuck with 1 item.  So most of the time I'm probably going to be in khaki pants with a gucci camo top .  And it's hard to get specialty items like cold-weather gear.  All I'm asking for is a perfect copy of the Brit PCS smock in RBS or something cool instead of MTP (their multicam).  I wear that smock the most out of anything camo since it's so useful and comfortable.

Gear wise I prefer khaki colors where possible, but settle for coyote brown a lot of the time.

Edit: forgot the memes:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I like that meme with Che and Dennis Croukamp.

RBS is my go-to here if I'm not doing Multicam/MTP. Need to get another combat shirt from FFV.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top