Site Notices
Page / 160
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mPisi:

SRA mad, LOL.

Multicam was so great when it was still a civilian camo .  Going mainstream meant lots of gear available etc, but as you say, possibly problematic on the IFF side.

I like RBS and it works well in my area too.  I've been a FFV buyer since their beginning.  But it does have a negative connotation with some folks.  Most of whom I probably wouldn't want to know, but I'd also like the opportunity to fly under their radar too.

I like the West German Stumpftarn from FFV, but again, folks think it is Third Reich.

So I'm down to niche stuff like Pencott Badlands or Devil Dog, or Finnish M04 desert.  There's some other super-cool stuff but you're stuck with 1 item.  So most of the time I'm probably going to be in khaki pants with a gucci camo top .  And it's hard to get specialty items like cold-weather gear.  All I'm asking for is a perfect copy of the Brit PCS smock in RBS or something cool instead of MTP (their multicam).  I wear that smock the most out of anything camo since it's so useful and comfortable.

Gear wise I prefer khaki colors where possible, but settle for coyote brown a lot of the time.

Edit: forgot the memes:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/guilded_image_67df2874591971fa2cfc922f5f-3181571.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/guilded_image_cb5a3520a4811c145f7a991a57-3181572.JPG
View Quote

I'm waiting on my sumpftarn
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lew:
I like that meme with Che and Dennis Croukamp.

RBS is my go-to here if I'm not doing Multicam/MTP. Need to get another combat shirt from FFV.
View Quote

This makes me happy to have shared a beer or three with you Sir
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

SRA mad, LOL.

Multicam was so great when it was still a civilian camo .  Going mainstream meant lots of gear available etc, but as you say, possibly problematic on the IFF side.

I like RBS and it works well in my area too.  I've been a FFV buyer since their beginning.  But it does have a negative connotation with some folks.  Most of whom I probably wouldn't want to know, but I'd also like the opportunity to fly under their radar too.

I like the West German Stumpftarn from FFV, but again, folks think it is Third Reich.

So I'm down to niche stuff like Pencott Badlands or Devil Dog, or Finnish M04 desert.  There's some other super-cool stuff but you're stuck with 1 item.  So most of the time I'm probably going to be in khaki pants with a gucci camo top .  And it's hard to get specialty items like cold-weather gear.  All I'm asking for is a perfect copy of the Brit PCS smock in RBS or something cool instead of MTP (their multicam).  I wear that smock the most out of anything camo since it's so useful and comfortable.
View Quote

I hear you on patterns having negative connotations with some folks.  It's not just Stumpftarn, but literally any German camo pattern will get folks to scream "Nazi!", and RBS gets you immediately called a racist/white supremacist/whatever.  Of course, the more stuff they try to lump into that category, the less meaning it has.  

I agree with the big problem with specialty/niche camo patterns is the lack of availability of cold/wet weather gear.  I've been pestering What Price Glory to make their M1951 field Jacket in RBS, to no avail.  A legit smock would be awesome.  Otherwise, I'm sticking to OD, CB, and khaki gear for the cold/wet weather options.

Stealing the two button meme, BTW.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Alpha-17:
I agree with the big problem with specialty/niche camo patterns is the lack of availability of cold/wet weather gear.  I've been pestering What Price Glory to make their M1951 field Jacket in RBS, to no avail.  A legit smock would be awesome.  Otherwise, I'm sticking to OD, CB, and khaki gear for the cold/wet weather options.
View Quote

FFV is working on a new smock design, it would be RBS and their other camos.  Taking a lot from the PCS smock but a tiny bit more like a rain jacket.  Hank posted a first try in the Buyers Club and showed what changes they were making for the next prototype.  Sadly, my recommendation for pit zips from wrist to waist got shot down, but there will be pit zips.

End digression from plate carriers.  There's a few plate carriers made in RBS.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
I mocked up the amount I'd need for a hasty, full body drag handle of a roughly adult sized person and added a few feet for the tie off. It's not perfect but that's OK with me. We're talking very niche stuff that almost certainly will never be used.

It takes up little room and weighs nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
How much flat tubing is usually carried on a PC?
I mocked up the amount I'd need for a hasty, full body drag handle of a roughly adult sized person and added a few feet for the tie off. It's not perfect but that's OK with me. We're talking very niche stuff that almost certainly will never be used.

It takes up little room and weighs nothing.

Can someone please explain what is meant by flat tubing? Is it a roll of webbing to be used to drag wounded?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Teller_Ulam:

Can someone please explain what is meant by flat tubing? Is it a roll of webbing to be used to drag wounded?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:
I like that meme with Che and Dennis Croukamp.

RBS is my go-to here if I'm not doing Multicam/MTP. Need to get another combat shirt from FFV.

We'll have to do it again sometime soonish.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm waiting on my sumpftarn
View Quote

Not PC but arrived today
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Gentlemen, choose your garments and tactical Gear on practicality and quality, not on the cool factor of some weird camo. The premium $ that many of these camouflages sell for are in my opinion not worth, as the premium goes go over the price of small batch printing. Often the material Is far East made and the garmfnt cut Is not particularly well thought. That said they are way cool.

Re the tubular webbing this Is the one i mounted to a PC. Mine Is fixed with inner tube strips, looks tight, but member daemon374 that has extensive experience with It has had snagging problems that he resolved with a velcro opening sleeve to put the webbing in (i Will definitely touch on the subject on the next medical training).

Depending on your needs It May be used alongside a standard short drag handles (i already touched on the subject but there are some of our SOPs during movement in built up areas that involve using the short drag handle.

PS: Is the skedco kosmo mount lifeline still a thing? 20 years ago It was all the range, i still think i like the idea
PPS: when those straps were introduced someone also put a carabiner on the lower part to attach the loop to the tactical belt of the trousers belt. Is It still done?

Ars arma JPC
Tactical tailor modified utility pouch
Tasmanian Tiger double M4 stretch pouch
Eagle industries double Mag pouch
Tag radio pouch
Mordor tac zip off pack
Hsgi ifak pouch
Tasmanian Tiger modified smoke grenade pouch.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:

…Re the tubular webbing this Is the one i mounted to a PC. Mine Is fixed with inner tube strips, looks tight, but member daemon374 that has extensive experience with It has had snagging problems that he resolved with a velcro opening sleeve to put the webbing in (i Will definitely touch on the subject on the next medical training).

PPS: when those straps were introduced someone also put a carabiner on the lower part to attach the loop to the tactical belt of the trousers belt. Is It still done?
View Quote

My old team used and trained with the DARC strap - the 1” tubular nylon webbing woven thru your rear plate bags molle, then finishing with a carabiner attached to your rear belt.

We tried lots of extraction under fire methods and this worked best for us.  We refined it by using 1/2” tubular webbing and tucking the excess into a small zip molle pocket woven into the top rear bag.  Much less snag hazard this way.

My current team does not use DARC straps.  There are some guys who are carrying a long daisy chained section of webbing in their kit ala what they see on their insta feeds but really don’t know what to do with them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
State of the art rescue strap, circa 2004

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#12]
Agilite K Zero  ( will be ditching the two pistol mags on PC

With Structured Cumberbund......................

I have the K19 3.0 in RG, Esstac D in MC Blk, Crye JPC 2.0 in Coy all kitted from heavy to light..............................Placard from the Pincer, KSleds, Haley, KTAR, Esstac, Spiritus and more shit than I will ever fucking setup but I'm good with my K Zero or JPC..................K19 I would've loved during deployment but will never need it as in a civilian role so I'll probably sell it or give it to one of my sons.................
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:34:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shwa] [#13]
Could use some advice in picking a carrier. Using hesco l211 plates. Want something that I can keep pretty trim but have a structural cummerbund and hydration pack. I have it narrowed down to 3 with an additional 2 wildcards.

First two picks would be the MEPC or Plate Carrier 06 or even the plate carrier 13 to save a few bucks.

3rd pick would be the K-Zero noting that this would be the bulkiest of the bunch and the priciest.

The 2 wildcards are a little less popular being OPT/Velocity LWPC and the Velocity LEPC
Though not sure that these two offer anything that the MEPC or 06 cannot.

Not entirely sure on what cummerbund I want but the axl seems to be all the rage. Getting that to work with any of the above is something I havent quite figured out yet.

Probably going to use the sleds placard.

Any thoughts or observations or feedback is welcome.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

https://i.imgur.com/PaokK4l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jRQMXd4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hCNADuv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aHRiNZa.jpg

I have the K19 3.0 in RG, Esstac D in MC Blk, Crye JPC 2.0 in Coy all kitted from heavy to light..............................Placard from the Pincer, KSleds, Haley, KTAR, Esstac, Spiritus and more shit than I will ever fucking setup but I'm good with my K Zero or JPC..................K19 I would've loved during deployment but will never need it as in a civilian role so I'll probably sell it or give it to one of my sons.................
View Quote

First time I've seen thier structured cummerbund. Looks like a nice improvement. It's very similar to the Shaw ARC.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#15]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

First time I've seen thier structured cummerbund. Looks like a nice improvement. It's very similar to the Shaw ARC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:

https://i.imgur.com/PaokK4l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jRQMXd4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/hCNADuv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aHRiNZa.jpg

Made a huge difference!  And to poster above the Crye JPC 2.0 is my go to for ultra slim!  Also the K-Zero is pretty slim I just had a moment and a dollar so I bought everything and loaded that bitch out lol!! It’s all coming off except the Pincer Placard although it too might go because Unobtanium Gear Sleds placards are the shit for ultra light and sleek

ETA:  The rear of the carrier looks bulky because I went from slick to the AMP3 to what’s now mounted but empty the Micro Map Panel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Any recommendations for a skeletonized cummerbund for a LBT 6094?

Ones I’ve found thus far are the MOS, Spiritus, and Beez, leaning towards the MOS.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By rb889:

Ones I’ve found thus far are the MOS, Spiritus, and Beez, leaning towards the MOS.
View Quote

Do you want structural/rigid?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View All Quotes

Not particularly. Don’t plan on stacking much of anything on the cummerbund, just trying to get something more breathable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Not particularly. Don’t plan on stacking much of anything on the cummerbund, just trying to get something more breathable.
View All Quotes

I'd ditch skeletal and go elastic. Or a hybrid of sorts if you need some molle. It'll be more form fitting and move with you better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#20]

I'd ditch skeletal and go elastic. Or a hybrid of sorts if you need some molle. It'll be more form fitting and move with you better.
View All Quotes

Tried full elastic ones before, wasn’t a huge fan, but that was with single curve plates that weren’t a great fit. Was also thinking long term durability, it’s easy/cheap enough to replace shock cord, full elastic means having to replace the entire thing once it wears out, plus it’s more liable to get shredded in the bush.

Though seeing how few options still use threaded shock cord, I was considering a FCPC for the built in QD shoulder strap if I couldn’t find what I wanted for the 6094.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Tried full elastic ones before, wasn’t a huge fan, but that was with single curve plates that weren’t a great fit. Was also thinking long term durability, it’s easy/cheap enough to replace shock cord, full elastic means having to replace the entire thing once it wears out, plus it’s more liable to get shredded in the bush.

Though seeing how few options still use threaded shock cord, I was considering a FCPC for the built in QD shoulder strap if I couldn’t find what I wanted for the 6094.
View All Quotes

At that point then the sky's the limit. The spiritus is semi-rigid... the rest you mentioned are not
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#22]

At that point then the sky's the limit. The spiritus is semi-rigid... the rest you mentioned are not
View All Quotes

Appreciate the info. Started looking into the FCPC a bit more, apparently it’s not sized for folks under 5’10”

In looking for alternatives, I ruled out the K19 for the bulk over the shoulder pocket, then ran across the WTF PC24. Anyone got experience with that? While I’m not real big on structured cummerbunds, this looks like it’d breath pretty well with some ice vents thrown in.

Kinda looks like a “Crye AVS harness we have at home.”
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Appreciate the info. Started looking into the FCPC a bit more, apparently it’s not sized for folks under 5’10”

In looking for alternatives, I ruled out the K19 for the bulk over the shoulder pocket, then ran across the WTF PC24. Anyone got experience with that? While I’m not real big on structured cummerbunds, this looks like it’d breath pretty well with some ice vents thrown in.

View All Quotes

They make good stuff.

Honestly if you don't want a lot of rigidity something like an lv119 or jpc with the native cummerbunds will be more than plenty I believe. The qore carrier may fit the bill as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#24]

They make good stuff.

Honestly if you don't want a lot of rigidity something like an lv119 or jpc with the native cummerbunds will be more than plenty I believe. The qore carrier may fit the bill as well.
View Quote

Yeah, JPC’s pretty high on the list, I’m just aiming for three features if I’m outright replacing the 6094.

Offhand-side QD shoulder strap/cummerbund, better breathability, and equivalent or better shoulder pocket bulk. I’d like something that direct mounts a small pack, as well, though that’s only a minor annoyance if it’s got a molle backside.

As for structured cummerbunds, since I don’t usually run side plates and kitchen sinks on my flanks, I don’t see the need to spend more or go out of my way for something that’s generally less comfortable, that’s all.

The PC24 fits the bill, it’s just a bit pricey, so I figured I’d ask around for opinions before shelling out ~$500 on a full rig and pack.

Just found the T3 Tomahawk, too, never heard of them before. Pretty good minimalist PC, very simple  shoulder strap adjustment with QD, kinda wish I’d seen this before getting an AC1.
Page / 160
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top