Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2013 4:40:35 PM EDT
Ok, I received the INCOG holster about a week ago and have been wearing it daily.  Wanted to put up some of my observations.
For reference, I have been carrying AIWB daily for the last year and it has become my preferred method.  The reason I was attracted to this particular holster was the addition of the spare mag carrier that is attached to the holster and fills that small gap created with the bulge of the holster in your pants.  Prior to this I always carried a spare mag at around the 9 o’clock position but this interfered with my phone.  I don’t like having a lot of things on my belt so I typically left the mag at home which is not ideal.
Previously I used an IWB holster by blade tech.  My only issue with this holster is that it was not really adjustable for finding that combination of concealability and grip and of course, no spare mag.  In fact, it sits a little high for me and prints more because it sticks out a bit from the waist.  So that’s what led me to the INCOG.

One of the features of the INCOG is this fuzzy stuff on the outside of the holster that I guess is for comfort.  I personally HATE it.  It makes sliding the holster into your pants a pain in the ass as it catches on your undies and shirt.  Having carried a regular kydex holster in the summer, its not a feature that I want.  In fact, having a smooth holster helps it adjust itself when you sit/stand.  Strike 1.

Another dislike of the INCOG is the height of the kydex on the body facing side.  On the Blade tech, it rides high and keeps the pistol from actually touching your skin.  On the INCOG its low and when re-holstering, your shirt can get caught between the pistol and the holster so the pistol doesn’t fully reseat.  Strike 2.

Another feature that I don’t like is the kydex does not fully cover the front sight when holstered.  The blade tech does and actually wraps around the muzzle end so that the pistol doesn’t contact your skin.  Could be important after shooting and the metal touches your junk.  Strike 3.

There are some things that I do like about the holster.

For one, the belt clips are awesome.  I like the way they attach to the belt and the way they are angled actually draws the pistol closer to your body.  Definitely makes it easier to conceal and print less than the blade tech.
I really dig the mag pouch on the holster as it makes it convenient to just grab it and go.  One neat package.  I do wish that the mag pouch kydex would extend up as well to prevent the mag from touching your belly.  The sharp edge of the mag digs into you when you sit down.

So thats it.....if you are looking at this holster I would hold off.  I was told there may be other options out there for similar set ups and I'll be looking into those.

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice review, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So thats it.....if you are looking at this holster I would hold off.  I was told there may be other options out there for similar set ups and I'll be looking into those.

http://otghex.com/

Boom baby. Those guys kick ass.

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been wearing mine for about 2 months now.

When discussing the design with Edgeworks manufacturing months ago when I worked there, I let them know my thoughts on having the kydex against the skin as high as possible.

I was wearing a Dale Fricke Holsters IWB for the longest time, and liked how it came up high and partially wrapped around the rear sight high on the slide.

The "fuzz" is something I actually like, as it also acts as a bit of security by grabbing my underwear/shirt when in my pants and not letting the holster move around too much.

I carry at the 5oclock.

CXS

Link Posted: 2/20/2013 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Good review and pix. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://otghex.com/

Boom baby. Those guys kick ass.

I dont see anything comparable on their site.

Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have been wearing mine for about 2 months now.
When discussing the design with Edgeworks manufacturing months ago when I worked there, I let them know my thoughts on having the kydex against the skin as high as possible.
I was wearing a Dale Fricke Holsters IWB for the longest time, and liked how it came up high and partially wrapped around the rear sight high on the slide.
The "fuzz" is something I actually like, as it also acts as a bit of security by grabbing my underwear/shirt when in my pants and not letting the holster move around too much.
I carry at the 5oclock.

CXS

Are you using the mag/holster combo at the 5?  The fuzz sucks, especially on the side that is away from your body.  When you get up and down it doesnt allow your pants to adjust and it bunches up so you have to adjust it again.  Never had this issue with a smooth kydex holster.  I think the belt clips hold things securely enough so that the fuzz isnt needed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Great review... while I like the idea of the spare mag I don't think I would want it attached to the holster itself since it would make the mag a pain in the ass to access in a shoot scenario if I needed to reload. I prefer my mags to be weak side (non shooting hand) as it allows me to have a faster reload time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#8]
For me, it puts the mag pretty much in line with my belly button.....great place for the spare.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I retract previous comments. after further research I am actually interested in this holster. Matter of fact the only thing holding me back is the clips. I prefer c clips does g code sell em?? If not will some from the mtac work? Lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you using the mag/holster combo at the 5?  The fuzz sucks, especially on the side that is away from your body.  When you get up and down it doesnt allow your pants to adjust and it bunches up so you have to adjust it again.  Never had this issue with a smooth kydex holster.  I think the belt clips hold things securely enough so that the fuzz isnt needed.

I do not wear the optional mag carrier, as my fat ass cannot carry AIWB.

I can see your point on the fuzz. It must be a bigger issue at Appendix Carry.

The clips hold extremely well, if you are hesitant because of that you are worrying about the wrong feature.

CXS
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
For folks just wanting to run the holster without the mag pouch, there really are better options out there.  The only reason I gave this a shot is for the holster/mag combo.  If it wasnt for that, I would have stuck with the blade tech as its a much better holster.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 5:36:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice review.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ll just throw a few things out for clarity.
The clips are adjustable for height and cant. Undo the screws lower or raise the clip. This provides for a good range of adjustment. Additional clips are available that are longer if you prefer extreme depth in the carry.  Check here. http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA89.html  
The primary reason for AIWB carry is for a more rapid deployment of the weapon from a concealed placement. To do this one must be able to acquire a full firing grip on the holstered weapon. As such this holster is arranged with that in mind.  A very low carry negates this advantage.  To keep the rig tight to the body the clips have a negative angle that push the holster in and snug against the midsection. This keeps the weapon concealed.  One sure way to “tell” that someone is carrying concealed is when they continually adjust their holster as they carry. The reason that some feel the need to do this is because their holsters “shift” during movement. To minimize holster shift the INCOG is fitted on the outside with a suede like material we call “Tactical FUZZ”. The fuzz uses the pressure of the belt and the surface of your waist band to secure the position and drastically reduces “holster shift”.  The elevated level of comfort against your body is just a benny.  Everything about this rig is the result of intensive testing over many months of development with HSP. Each feature exists for a reason in the real world.
The feedback on the shirt guard size is helpful.

Scott V. Evans
Director of Operations
Edge-Works Manufacturing Company
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Like I said above, I think the clips do a great job of securing the holster and tucking it in.

However, I disagree with the "tactical fuzz".  While it does keep it secure when you are just walking around, getting in and out of a vehicle or up and down at work I think it makes me adjust it MORE than a smooth kydex holster.  Because of the friction it creates, it bunches up the materiel and dosent shift into postion when sitting or standing.  Maybe a targeted application of the fuzz on the side facing away from the body could both help and mitigate this issue.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:07:48 AM EDT
[#15]
and one of the screws already fell out of this thing....
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Will it take a 1.75" wide belt?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

and one of the screws already fell out of this thing....

Lol..

I put some thread lock on all mine after adjusting it to my liking..

CXS

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top