Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2013 6:27:34 PM EDT
Not to shill here, I'm not affiliated in any way.  Looks like sportsmans guide may have them.

Is that what these are?

They have medium in stock (which you can almost never find with "good" surplus in my opinion), so I ordered some on the off chance they are legit.

French surplus CCE Trousers?

ETA:  Got my answer, see link to thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/396413_.html&page=1
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
hardly used and only dropped once?

that old joke

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Whenever SG states "-style" it means they are not genuine military.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I considered that, but I think they're trying to equate it with US style woodland, with a concern that calling it "French" might not help marketability.  I dunno, they're selling it as a twofer and tagging it as "imported", which is usually indicative of a non-retail (i.e., surplus) origin.  It might not turn out to be French, but I'm betting it's definitely military.  Phony retail stuff usually is US BDU pattern, if you look at the pic on their site, it has the "correct" looking blousing and cargo pockets.  Those are expensive/complex stitching tasks compared to a standard cut/sewn knock off BDU.

Anyway, I'm not betting the farm on it, but I'm about 60% sure it's some kind of military surplus, likely (but not certainly) French. I jumped on it because they had medium in stock, which from what I have seen, usually sells out the quickest.

(I missed picking up the 3rd pattern Jigsaw they were selling, because I thought it was knockoff, but turns out to be actual Belgian surplus).

However it works out, I'll update when I take delivery. I just got the shipping notice in my email this evening.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for link to pics thread.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Also if they were actually french surplus I would expect them to have about a 30" inseam max.

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
they are not the French CCE. CCE is much darker.

Here is a recent pic from Africa with one of their Airborne unit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top