Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
In western US, there is a huge ass ton of dark green areas. Then there are some areas that are arid and light tan.

Which further proves my point.

Most of the area around me is dark green.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, hard to beat Multicam as universal. It does work pretty much everywhere.
I'm still gonna get some Arid for the high desert here. Crye uniform would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI the Multicam 'black' was accidentally released early by LA police gear

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/20131122-233359.jpg

ho hum. Makes sense for uniformed SWAT with money to burn, I suppose

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/23/multicam-black-game-on/
View Quote

The only problem with "black" camo is that it creates holes in the dark.  If they would have used a dark and navy blue variation it would work better.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The tropical is very ERDL looking.  It's probably the best of the bunch but I'm underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The only problem with "black" camo is that it creates holes in the dark.  If they would have used a dark and navy blue variation it would work better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI the Multicam 'black' was accidentally released early by LA police gear

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/20131122-233359.jpg

ho hum. Makes sense for uniformed SWAT with money to burn, I suppose

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/23/multicam-black-game-on/

Well, they say it's to "project a distinctly authoritative presence" (their words), so my guess is that it's less about camouflage and more about looking intimidating militaristic authoritative.
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
That Tropical looks superb.  As for Arid, I can't really tell a difference between it and regular MC.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 1:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Id like that alpine in a cover-up type outfit to go over regular gear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Tropic looks decent, it's a little bit more green and not as much brown as I anticipated but I'm gonna reserve judgement until I can study it further. So far I like it and will likely grab a set, should work out good with my Ranger Green stuff.

Arid looks just like normal transitional Multicam to me.

Alpine, whatever.

I think Black looks really cool with the tan hues in it. Reminds me of sand dusty black gear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:41:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I really like how they turned out. I will be mixing and matching fo' sho.

Tropical top with regular Multicam pants or Arid mag pouches on Tropical PC.

I think the Alpine looks good too. I might have to get something in Alpine, like a hat , just for the hell of it.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/DeoVindiceAR/multicam-patterns-440x288.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
they just got released. They actually look good !

ARID

http://i44.tinypic.com/21oc96w.jpg

TROPICAL

http://i39.tinypic.com/11r57k4.jpg

ALPINE:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2emg64w.jpg

I think those look really good.

I think I'd like to see more pics before I buy anything, but those definitely look better than the black.

I think the Alpine looks good too. I might have to get something in Alpine, like a hat , just for the hell of it.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/DeoVindiceAR/multicam-patterns-440x288.jpg

I like this concept. its not just 4 new colors in a similar pattern its camo that can be mixed and matched to achieve a good fit with your environment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Arid just looks like old Desert Storm chocolate chip camo upgraded. Not impressed. Nothing for woodland that does better then MARPAT.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I like this concept. its not just 4 new colors in a similar pattern its camo that can be mixed and matched to achieve a good fit with your environment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
they just got released. They actually look good !

ARID

http://i44.tinypic.com/21oc96w.jpg

TROPICAL

http://i39.tinypic.com/11r57k4.jpg

ALPINE:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2emg64w.jpg

I think those look really good.

I think I'd like to see more pics before I buy anything, but those definitely look better than the black.

Exactly. I believe they (Crye/developers) intended these variations in the original pattern for this purpose. They're all designed to work together as one pattern for different environmental and logistical requirements.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't consider myself a 'Crye Baby.'..but I think they knocked this outta the park!
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/26/2013 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Where is this data from?  Seems right to me...
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, I think its just for demonstrative purposes.

http://MultiCamPattern.com/

Edit: the overlapping of the slopes would suggest areas (or environments) the different patterns would go together well at.

Also..The Black with Alpine accents or vice versa would make a good movie bad guy uniform..
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Its nothing but corn or grass around me for another state in every direction, seems regular multi cam is gonna stay my preference.  If I move back to Hawaii, maybe different...
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#16]
So far, only the Multicam Black fabric is available in 500d and 50/50 NyCo Ripstop
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Its nothing but corn or grass around me for another state in every direction, seems regular multi cam is gonna stay my preference.  If I move back to Hawaii, maybe different...
View Quote

Yep same here except for the wooded river bluffs that kick my old ass. Until I see it up close multi is my choice for blasting coyotes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That Tropical looks superb.  As for Arid, I can't really tell a difference between it and regular MC.
View Quote

http://multicampattern.com/

One has all tan/brown colors, one has both green and tan.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
The tropic looks pretty damn good. Three pictures and all.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your criticisms don't  make sense. They are simply trying to compete for military contracts with some civilian market on the side. Some contracts call for a line of different camos for different environments - thus they develop camos for different environments.

Don't like it, don't buy it. The vast majority here can buy camo because they think it looks cool. Obviously a lot of people think this camo looks cool. It's capitalism, and frankly, good for the market.

ETA: That all said, I'm not particularly interested in any of it. My personal choice  will remain kryptek. But I don't wear a whole lot of personal camo. Ever.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not getting the Arid pattern. The original pattern already works well in arid/semi-arid environments, so why bother?
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not getting the Arid pattern. The original pattern already works well in arid/semi-arid environments, so why bother?
View Quote

If you see one guy in desert digital and one guy in regular multicam in a wholly tan environment like a big desert, the multicam guy stands out quite a bit.

If all you have is light tan, you don't need dark green and dark brown in your camo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your criticisms don't  make sense. They are simply trying to compete for military contracts with some civilian market on the side. Some contracts call for a line of different camos for different environments - thus they develop camos for different environments.

Don't like it, don't buy it. The vast majority here can buy camo because they think it looks cool. Obviously a lot of people think this camo looks cool. It's capitalism, and frankly, good for the market.

ETA: That all said, I'm not particularly interested in any of it. My personal choice  will remain kryptek. But I don't wear a whole lot of personal camo. Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then..

If Kryptek is your thing, tomorrow Haley Strategic is introducing something you should like.
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Alrighty then..

If Kryptek is your thing, tomorrow Haley Strategic is introducing something you should like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alrighty then..

"But I don't wear a whole lot of personal camo. Ever."

Key sentence there brah. I think it's cool but I don't wear it. Although I wouldn't mind a mandrake jacket because it's stylized enough to be fashionable in the civilian world.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never been accused of criticizing anything using the words "looks pretty damn good". Maybe you read it wrong.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've never been accused of criticizing anything using the words "looks pretty damn good". Maybe you read it wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sarcasm meter needs some SERIOUS re-calibration. Nothing to see here folks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you see one guy in desert digital and one guy in regular multicam in a wholly tan environment like a big desert, the multicam guy stands out quite a bit.

If all you have is light tan, you don't need dark green and dark brown in your camo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but most deserts are not monotone and have vegetation, rocks, different colored sand, etc..., which is where the original MC shines. I've always thought MARPAT Desert, for instance, was far too light for most Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, MC Arid seems far too specific for what is supposed to be a broad-spectrum camouflage pattern.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 12:21:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
True, but most deserts are not monotone and have vegetation, rocks, different colored sand, etc..., which is where the original MC shines. I've always thought MARPAT Desert, for instance, was far too light for most Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, MC Arid seems far too specific for what is supposed to be a broad-spectrum camouflage pattern.
View Quote

Agreed.  Deserts that are that light colored and monotone, camo doesn't do you any good in anyway.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's the point. When used in conjunction with the original MC, it makes the pattern as a whole more effective in that specific environment.

All of these Multicam patterns can be used alone, but they're also meant to be used together. (Excluding Black)
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#30]
"A FAMILY OF CAMOUFLAGE PATTERNS

CONCEPT:

The MultiCam® patterns were developed to provide maximum effectiveness across diverse operating environments with a minimum logistical burden. The patterns all have distinct roles but are designed to work together as a system to meet the needs of nearly any operating environment, all while helping the wearer do so with the least amount of kit possible
."

From here
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top