Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2014 11:39:18 AM EDT
I am in need of 1" male buckle that will attach directly to molle in a vertical fashion.  Most clips that clip directly onto a carrier sit horizontally, but for this application I need them to be vertical and clip directly on.

I have a pair of male buckles now, but they have a nylon tail that you wrap around a molle web in order to attach it, which adds a couple of extra inches in length & material in the way.  

So is there anything like that?

Heres a pic of the male I want to replace and the female direct armor attachments:

I like the female buckle on the right the best as it clips to two MOLLE points instead of just one making it a much tighter & low profile with less chance of snag/drag.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
My google-fu came up with nothing, i have a few idea's that could benefit from a male buckle like you mention with out webbing, hopefully someones got a idea.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if this will help but...

I did something similar a while back using a T-ring adapter, a length of standard 1" webbing and a ITW buckle kit.

Without access to somebody who can roll out heavy-duty custom stitching, it's the best I could come up with.

/$0.02
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Downrange Gear makes that which you seek.

If you're handy, I imagine you could rig up something similar using your existing QASM buckles
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's actually pretty sweet, but those are female buckles, I need the male quick attach vertical setup.

I do need them in black, sadly the Downrange only offers them in tan.  Which I'm not sure why as those particular female buckles are also in black (I know I have them and show them in my pic)

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
These are not ITW, but if you replace your female end (by cutting if off if there is no other way possible), then you have a solution.

http://nationalmoldingduraflex.com/malemolleteemount.aspx

http://nationalmoldingduraflex.com/112snaponfemalerepairbuckle.aspx
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 2:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I found these Split bar male buckles

But there is still the attachment to the MOLLE so they are vertical.

And now that I think about it, I'm not sure how good these will be at load bearing compared to the ones I currently have shown in my first post which have the tail & really wrap around the molle.

The purpose of these is to attach a ARES Armor Comabt XII pack and the ones in my picture are the ones they supplied for the pack which will probably weigh 25-30lbs maybe?

Do you guys think these split bar males can have the same load bearing ability as the Ares armor supplied buckles with tail?  After all they would be attached to the same 1" piece of molle?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's another option that has been around for years.  It doesn't attach directly to the webbing though. It is threaded through the slot in the position that you need it.  

CHRIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top