Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2015 8:48:02 PM EDT
I've posted a few times about my aim to collect unusual, non digital, camo patterns.

Here's the most recent update

Tibetan 03 pattern.  This is allegedly Russian military issue.  The Trousers are made (or marketed by) "Splav".  They are rip stop, pretty good quality.  They also came with a cold weather insert, which is not pictured.

They are not "OTK" marked, which is usually what I look for to see of something's really Russian military.  They're roughly comparable to Nato MR sized.  Bought them from Russia.  Tags for the camo trousers and internal marks were in Russian.  The Inserts, which are almost Nutria brown with Camo trim, are tagged and internally marked in English.  They were definately made for these pants, probably by a subcontractor.

I found a store in Switzerland that actually sells surplus TAZ 90.  It was a PITA because I had to pay in Francs and they weren't cheap...but here they are.

If you've ever had a pair of the alpenflage camo with the red streaks ("fruity pajamas") these are cut the same and almost identical, except for

1. A zippered cargo pocket, and

2. About a 2 inch strip of elastic sewn into the waist at each of the 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions.

I also bought some additional patterns I'll post pics of.  Some of it surplus and some commercial.

I bought some M90 pattern trousers from Sweden which I think are made by the real deal contractor, but not 3 crown marked.

Also got some cheezy Norway pattern.

Greek Hellenic...

And some others I can't immediately recall.  Will post more pics.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always like the Tibet pattern but don't want to by cheap Chinese trash...
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've always like the Tibet pattern but don't want to by cheap Chinese trash...
View Quote

I actually bought a pair of the Chinese commercial.  They are junk.

The Russian copy?

I'd put it up there with any other poly cotton ripstop service BDU trouser.  

The Russian trousers cost me roughly $100.  I didn't realize why until they shipped them with the winter insert.

I'd still have rather paid $50 and just got the trousers.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The Tibet pattern is my all time favorite.  I would love to find some cordura fabric to build some gear with.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
That Tibetan 03 pattern looks a lot like Bundeswehr aridfleck. Do you have any aridfleck and if so, what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That Tibetan 03 pattern looks a lot like Bundeswehr aridfleck. Do you have any aridfleck and if so, what do you think of it?
View Quote

I don't have aridfleck, but I do have some surplus tropentarn, like this:

To my eye, I actually think it's closer to Austrian Peas and Dots (my pic)

Commercial Austrian, not as faded (not my pic)

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm, interesting. Tibetan 03 is definitely darker than aridfleck. Do you have a favorite camo? I always like seeing different patterns. Someone should organize all your camo pattern posts into a single thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top