Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2017 2:55:11 PM EDT
Picked this F block Radom up this weekend at the DACA show from a friend. He and I went through what he had (about 5 Radoms) and cherry picked this one.

Came with two pinned mags, and a nice bnz holster. I am very happy to get a Radom back in the collection again.

This is towards the end of relatively nice finishing work, and still a "Three Lever"...I really like it...but, damn, if these things also aren't really climbing in price...like everything else I Like....

It is matching, and has a little freckling and wear, but, honestly, I like pistols that look like they were issued and used versus perfect specimens that likely sat on a shelf or in an armory for the war....but that's just me....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice piece. Reread the American rifleman article about a girl who helped manufacture these for the Nazis a while back.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking gun.  I love these, they fit great in the hand and look good too, even the rougher finished ones.  I have one without a takedown lever and it is just a nightmare to get apart.  It's actually awaiting restoration as the finish was all stripped at one point.  Know any good references for the serial numbering on these?  My frame is a C block and obviously later than yours and has another number under the grips.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice looking gun.  I love these, they fit great in the hand and look good too, even the rougher finished ones.  I have one without a takedown lever and it is just a nightmare to get apart.  It's actually awaiting restoration as the finish was all stripped at one point.  Know any good references for the serial numbering on these?  My frame is a C block and obviously later than yours and has another number under the grips.
View Quote
The best book I have seen on them is the one I used as a back drop, by William J. York, extensive, detailed coverage...

Just going by what (fairly little) I know on them, if it is a "C" block frame, it should be a three lever....take a look inside the slide, up under, and see what the s/n stamped inside there is, and see if it matches the slide....sounds to me like maybe a late slide on an earlier frame...

Another good place to go for info, is post pics here....

http://www.k98kforum.com/forumdisplay.php?37-WW2-Axis-Handguns-and-Accessories

They are very cool guns, you can see the 1911 lineage, and John Browning's genius. And it has a nice progression if you choose to collect them, from very finely finished pre-war Polish guns, to rough, 2 lever phosphate end of war produced guns, there are plenty of variants to collect. Too bad, as I said, like everything, the prices are rocketing up. My last Radom, the going rate for a nice complete rig was around $500....not so much anymore...

Just a couple of more to pick up, and I'll be happy....another High Power (to replace one I foolishly traded), a PP or PPK, a 38H, perhaps a Broomhandle....nah, who am I kidding, I'll never be done....milsurps are worse than crack....
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The best book I have seen on them is the one I used as a back drop, by William J. York, extensive, detailed coverage...

Just going by what (fairly little) I know on them, if it is a "C" block frame, it should be a three lever....take a look inside the slide, up under, and see what the s/n stamped inside there is, and see if it matches the slide....sounds to me like maybe a late slide on an earlier frame...

Another good place to go for info, is post pics here....

http://www.k98kforum.com/forumdisplay.php?37-WW2-Axis-Handguns-and-Accessories
View Quote
Thanks for the info, I'll try to track down a copy of the York book.  I know where I can get a reasonably priced copy of the Taupin book so I may grab that too.  Belonged to my grandfather who was a Flight Engineer in 8th Air Force.  I suspect, but can't be 100% sure, he got it over there, probably by trading for it.  Just too bad someone, or maybe him, took a jar of Navy Jelly to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top