Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2012 4:18:46 AM EDT
So if any of u people have played video games like COD, Battlefield, army of two, etc... they have underbarrel shotguns are they legal and can they be attained for an AR? not wanting one just thought it would be cool to show off.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
yes to all of the above
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Any shotgun with a barrel less than 18" is a NFA item (SBS, or Short Barrel Shotgun), thus requiring the proper tax stamp.  
Under-mount, or "masterkey" shotguns suck.  They are simply a breaching tool, and are quite cumbersome when mounted.  The 101st Abn fielding the M26 MASS (bolt shotgun), and it too is probably unwieldy.  
A slung 870 works great, as do small sections of det.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any shotgun with a barrel less than 18" is a NFA item (SBS, or Short Barrel Shotgun), thus requiring the proper tax stamp.  
Under-mount, or "masterkey" shotguns suck.  They are a breaching device.

remember i'm not getting one just a thought and if I was getting one it would be for looks not function plus, when r u going to use it in the field? if your not LEO or Military a carbine course maybe but highly un likely personally I think it would be a waste of money but if I won the lottery I would buy it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of guys also bought 37mm flare launchers to make their A1-A5 look like a 203 host.  No NFA/stamp until you pony up and buy the true explosive ammunition, so just the "look" is only the cost of the launcher.

If someone wants to build a service repro rifle of a certain kit setup, I say go for it if it's cost effective.  If you've also got tax stamps/long wait/big bro on top of purely cosmetic modifications, it's hard for me to justify it.

I'm not bashing you for wanting to have a look-a-like, just be mindful of the hoops through which you'd be jumping and the inherent cost of doing so.

ETA: pic of the m26
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
u do have to admit that looks pretty bad ass
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]

The "Masterkey" shotgun was developed mainly as a breaching weapon for SF teams; the weapon used is a Remington 870 shotgun with a 3+1 capacity; the receivers are mainly Magnum receivers, so they can use 3" loads and loaded with slugs to be used to open a feisty door (hence the knickname "Masterkey") by blowing off the locking mechanism and hinges without the opersator having to use a dedicated shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a gamechanga!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]

The buckshot round available for the M203 must really suck to be trying MasterKeys or the M26.

Gig 'em,

backbencher
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
more M26

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

as do small sections of det.

How small???

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't they make a 12ga insert for the 37mm launcher? I feel like I've seen videos of people using those with Dragon's Breath rounds to have an AR mounted flamethrower
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#12]

...'befoe...
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Don't they make a 12ga insert for the 37mm launcher? I feel like I've seen videos of people using those with Dragon's Breath rounds to have an AR mounted flamethrower

Yes Spike's makes a 12g flare adapter for their 37mm launcher.  It is made so that it won't take any shells over 2.5" but the moment you have any anti-personnel rounds/shells that can be fired from it you have a DD and need to have it registered as such.  That means you'd better not have those short Aguila 12g shells if you have the 12g flare adapter, and you'd better not drill out the adapter so you can fit 2.75" and 3" shells unless you register it first.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top