Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2014 7:05:36 PM EDT
When I went to Iraq back in 2011, I was issued an M-4 with a PEQ-15.  During my training, my carbine's iron/backup sight, M68 and PEQ-15 were boresighted/zeroed in with what I remember was some kind of official Army 10m boresight target.  I've got a couple of ATPIAL-C's on order and can't find the Army 10 boresight target for the PEQ-15.  Through Google, I can find ones for the PAQ-4, but nothing for the PEQ-15.  Does anyone know if there is a PEQ-15/M68 specific boresight target or do you just use the PAQ-4 targets?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Telluric is offering ir targets thru tnvc as I recall...
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I have always used the AN/PEM-1 (AKA LBS-300) Borelight System to site in all lasers.    I too am retired military, and used the PAQ-4, PEQ-2/15/16, etc.  

The operators manual has the patterns to show you how to site in any device.  They work well for quick sighting.   You can find the whole kits on eBay or other
sites such as here.   I have never paid more than $100 for a complete kit.  Make sure it has the dowels for .22, .30 and .50, as well as the manual.

Below is what the system looks like for those who have not seen one.    Prices are anywhere from $100 to $500.   Don't pay too much..

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always used the AN/PEM-1 (AKA LBS-300) Borelight System to site in all lasers.    I too am retired military, and used the PAQ-4, PEQ-2/15/16, etc.  

The operators manual has the patterns to show you how to site in any device.  They work well for quick sighting.   You can find the whole kits on eBay or other
sites such as here.   I have never paid more than $100 for a complete kit.  Make sure it has the dowels for .22, .30 and .50, as well as the manual.

Below is what the system looks like for those who have not seen one.    Prices are anywhere from $100 to $500.   Don't pay too much..

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag423/NVG-Guy/PEM/IMG_3351_zps19ceb1d0.jpg
View Quote

This system works great for a combat zero but you'll still need to tighten it up with some live fire, in my experience. It's great to save time and ammo while giving you a 5-6 MOA zero, but if you're a hunter you'll want more accuracy than any boresight will offer -- at least in my experience.

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This system works great for a combat zero but you'll still need to tighten it up with some live fire, in my experience. It's great to save time and ammo while giving you a 5-6 MOA zero, but if you're a hunter you'll want more accuracy than any boresight will offer -- at least in my experience.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag423/NVG-Guy/PEM/IMG_3351_zps19ceb1d0.jpg

That thing sucks. For rifle mounted lasers, just align the laser with your optic reticle at 130-160m. Whatever distance you can use. That'll keep you within 7" poa/poi out to 200m. Bring the distance in a bit more if you need to be more precise and account for max ord. You'll play hell getting more precise than that with a set of 14s and a peq15.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are all correct that this is and always has been for a "combat zero".   Since no laser system has a BDC, you have to zero it in close and adjust accordingly.  
I think the original post was regarding a PAQ-4, and we have not fielded them for a long time.  But they do work well for what they were, and when they were out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top