Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2016 11:19:17 PM EDT

Trying to figure out which is right for my Kriss SBR.

It will be mounted on the top rail in front of a T2 in Laure HK height mount. I have concerns about seeing over the top of whatever I'm using during the day time with the lower mount.

Main application is walking around at night taking shots on stuff at PCC range, so usually less than 100 yards. I have a Surefire E1D in the dedicated light position for white light.

Anyway, does anyone have a pic of the two units mounted on the same rail for comparison? Or, dimensions for how tall they are?

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This may or may not help but I have the DBAL-A3 and when viewed through my Eotech EXPS3 it is not visible even when co-witnessed using Magpul Pro BUS.
I do know that when I compared it to a friend of mine that has the ATPIAL-C mine did appear to sit slightly higher but not enough to obscure the view in any way.

DBAL-A3 by EX95B10, on Flickr

DBAL-A3 by EX95B10, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to know how much either impacts the field of view of an Elcan on 1x.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
This is height measured from the TOP OF THE RAIL, not the base of a pic slot.

When mounted, the DBAL A3 sits roughly 1.1320 inches above the rail when measured form the center-line of the BODY of the DBAL A3, IE the portion that is in your line of sight.

The highest point, the elevation adjustment housing for the IR/VIS laser on the right side of the body of the DBAL measures about 1.4765 inches above the rail, but this is not really in your line of sight when using an optic.

I have no problems using it with my T-1 in a lower 1/3rd mount.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]

It's an I^2 but close enough.

I was on the fence between the ATLIAL-C and the DBAL A^3 and went with the A^3, was cheaper, had more features/functions, and was shorter which was critical since it is on my SBR.  It is a hair bit taller but with a 1/3 cowitness it takes up maybe the bottom 1/8 of my aimpoint T2. I shoot with both eyes open and don't even notice it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the kac mount and its probably just a hair taller than the hk mount. I clear the a3 with it.
20160321_151845-01-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to know how much either impacts the field of view of an Elcan on 1x.
View Quote

Not bad with the ATPIAL-C.  I'd imagine it would be very similar with the DBAL.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I found this on instagram awhile ago.  It was on i2technologies page or Peter M Lesbo USMC Ret.  Here is the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDduT3ACliX/?taken-by=i2technologies.  

It looks like they are about the same, its just that the saddle bags makes the APITAL-C appear that it sits lower than the DBAL A-3.  I have the A-3 but haven't used the APITAL so I can't vouch for this picture.  The DBAL doesn't sit to high for my Eotch EXPS when its out at the end of my RIS II.  When its snug with the EXPS its hardly noticeable through the optic so I assume with a T1 that is co witnessed with iron sights you should be okay. Just my .2s.  Hope this answers your question.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 8.16.46 AM by Alashooter1526, on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top