Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2016 11:30:29 AM EDT
I just got mine in today. I very impressed with it for the price.  I can't really tell that the frame rate is any faster. The focus is faster than the XR I had.  Over all im very satisfied!

SEEK PRO VIDEO

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Thor 320 vs Seek pro
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get a shipping notice? I ordered last Thursday from their site too...hopefully it's good for tracking game and general house maintenance
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get a shipping notice? I ordered last Thursday from their site too...hopefully it's good for tracking game and general house maintenance
View Quote
nopejust showed up today. I ordered mine on the 11th also
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
NICE! I am gald to see this hit the market.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did it come UPS or FedEx or ?

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fed ex
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Any idea on distances of vehicles and such in the photos?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the original one and those images look much better than what my system takes.  Might have to upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

The inon tone is about 75-100yds , the truck is a about 20-25yds, the dumpster is 100yds with the apartments behind it being about 200yds.. I'll post night pics tonight after it cools down.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one of the original one and those images look much better than what my system takes.  Might have to upgrade.
View Quote

I had the XR and this one has z much better image. It's close to my old 19mm Thor 320.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The inon tone is about 75-100yds , the truck is a about 20-25yds, the dumpster is 100yds with the apartments behind it being about 200yds.. I'll post night pics tonight after it cools down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Looks like if there was a warmish people-thing out there it'd pick it up. Enough for detection, anyways.
Miz Kris is lookin at somethin like this for checkin around the house for "bumpies" (gateway drug!).   d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:50:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks like if there was a warmish people-thing out there it'd pick it up. Enough for detection, anyways.
Miz Kris is lookin at somethin like this for checkin around the house for "bumpies" (gateway drug!).   d:^)  Jake..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

yup! Even with a hot road it does a good job of that. This is about 130yds-150yds
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Ok, I got mine it. I ordered last Thursday and it was just delivered by FedEx.

This is on a iPhone 5S. It won't fit with a case on. The lightning plug on the compact pro is too short to plug into the phone with either my Otterbox survivor or Magpul bump case. I"ll have to find an extension for the compact pro that works with the cases...that sucks alot.
*edited-I took a dremmel to the magpul bump case and opened it up a little so the camera fits now.

It chews up the battery on my phone quickly. I was only able to use it for 10 minutes or so before my phone was dead (65% to 1%). I'll play with the settings to maximize the battery life. It is a 3 year old phone though with original battery.

I haven't figure out how to focus it properly, I can rotate the bezel but the camera keeps clicking and reseting the internal focus. I'll keep playing with it.

But here's some photos I took mid-day, it's 90 degrees right now.
I'm not sure if i like it or not.
Can anyone let me know how these compare to the Seek XR, FLIR Scout TK, Scout III 240 and HD19A?

I'll take some photos tonight of my labrador at 10-80 yards when it gets cooler.

Here's an image of the side of my house (50yd away), my truck (70yd) and the neighbors house (110yd)

Here's my chickens at 30' or so, you can see the waterer is about half full

Chicken coop at 30yd or so

Here's one of my breaker panels, the A/C and clothes dryer is running

the boy with his lightsaber at 15'

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quick video, I turned off image smoothing to try to maximize battery life on my iPhone5s.
They were 25' away and ran up. The camera keeps clicking when it refocuses and freezes for a bit.

I'll take some video and pics from yard tonight when it cools down and the thermal variance is more than 5 degrees between air temp and body temp.

Edit-video from early evening after sunset, it's about 85 degrees. The road was radiating heat as I walked down it.
Here's the dog fetching a bumper. He runs out 35yd, then out to 40yd to get it. He comes back but stops at 12yd to eat grass.

Neighbor driving down road about 30yd away

Here's me walking away from camera, I wave arms every 25yd. The road curves and blocks me around 80yd but I peak around corner and wave at 100yd. I walk back and last wave is at 75yd or so. I think it was focused at 15' so it probably could have been sharper further away if it was refocused.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quick video, I turned off image smoothing to try to maximize battery life on my iPhone5s.
They were 25' away and ran up. The camera keeps clicking when it refocuses and freezes for a bit.

I'll take some video and pics from yard tonight when it cools down and the thermal variance is more than 5 degrees between air temp and body temp.

http://youtu.be/wp4an1B7-CI
View Quote

The clicking is the electromechanical shutter to calibrate the cam.  It's rather fast on the seek vs the flir scout I had.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#16]
This camera has helped me find a leak..even with its limited resolution, terrible clarity and difficulty to focus.

I had a roof leak and paid a guy to fix it but it still leaked.
Here's the roof in question, it's got old solar panels with tons of penetrations and a second roof with poor lapping.

It was a nightmare to find a leak because there were SOO many potential places for a leak. A roofer sealed all the potential spots but it will leaked enough to damage drywall in the ceiling.

After this last rain I went into the attic and checked a few spots
Almost all penetrations looked like this. Hot and dry as a bone...but what about that spot in the back?

I pulled back some insulation and found this spot, barely damp to the touch.

So I pulled more insulation and checked out the other side of the joist.

Bingo. You can see where the moisture collects and drips down the joist.

It's the old supply/return line that fed the abandoned solar panels. Rain had been running down the panels and trickling down this supply line.
But the image quality is nowhere close to what they advertise.

And for giggles, here's some pics when I took the family out today this morning, it was in the upper 80s and humid.

Looking at people in a museum from a balcony, distances range from 40-100yds or so.

Cars are about 50yd away

I'm disappointed with it. It's always hazy, even when I know the thermal variance is more than 30 degrees between the hottest object and coldest object, it is hazy and shows objects as being within 20-30 degrees.
I point at my dog inside and he's 91. Outside on a cool morning he's 72.

So I boiled a kettle and put ice in a cup and compared to thermometer results and it was ok for this controlled test. It has potential but I don't know why the results the rest of the time are so terrible.

Maybe I got a dud, I'm probably going to return it and get a therm-app or save for a better thermal.

Another edit
Here's a photo of two soccer fields, the nearest trash cans are 30yd away, the middle ones between the fields are 100yd away, and the last set of trash cans by the tree line is 170yds away.

Here's the image through compact pro

The air temp was 75 and the cans were 130 from the sun.
I had my kids run to the furthest cans and back. I could see them to the first set of cans, then they were very hard to see as they went to the second set and I couldn't see them at all as they ran to the final set.
I think the camera isn't sensitive enough to pick them up as they get further...maybe it would do better on a colder day.
I emailed seek to see if this is normal performance.

Can anyone let me know if my expectations are too high?
Is this performance decent for its price point?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top