Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2015 11:28:53 AM EDT
I picked up one of the UTG Keymod pro rails in Gun Metal Grey Cerakote and really like it. Does anyone have the same rail and could possibly get a picture of it next to a titanium and/or tungsten cerakoted anything? Mainly wondering which is a closer match. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a tuff one.  Looking at our color chips I would say Tungsten is closer but colors can be slightly different shades from batch to batch. Looking at the color chips Tungsten is a few shades darker and Titanium a few shades lighter. I attached a photo of a pistol coated in tungsten and gun metal gray. Tungsten is the darker color

You might be able to browse cerakote website. The way to do it is go to "shop colors" then click on titanium or gunmetal gray and browse through the sample photos. it will list the colors used in each photo.

-Ben
www.spartanarms.net

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try H219 Gun Metal Gray. If it isn't close to what you are looking for use stainless and darken with graphite black until you get the desired color.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/626966__Official_Tungsten_Picture_Thread___Flat_Dark_Grey__.html
Here's a thread I started with lots of Tungsten Cerakote Pictures.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for the info. I went ahead and bought a titanium receiver set. It is really close almost identical. The Gun Metal Grey has more metallic flakes, but that's about it. Here is some pics. The receivers like I said are Titanium and the rail is Gun Metal Grey.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top